Recent photos of empress of the seas in dry dock

Well, they must think it is going to sail in April since the Empress is on next week's Going, Going, Gone sale.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Well its the 4/30/16 sailing on the GGG sale.

Something is very wrong if that sailing doesn't go as planned.

Do we know for sure that she is going on to Freeport or is that just one of the speculations?

Yes, we do know that she is headed to Freeport. Marine traffic app states that is her next port. Due to arrive at 0900 UTC on April 2, 2016.

Well, they must think it is going to sail in April since the Empress is on next week's Going, Going, Gone sale.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

"I just can't imagine" why they are having trouble finding people to book that cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

attachment.php?attachmentid=380878&stc=1&d=1459011283

It looks like they are trying to turn that shallow pool I have seen in videos on youtube into a splash zone type thing for kids. and here is the fb I got it off of if you wanna see the picture bigger https://www.facebook.com/michael.capellan.146

I would love a splash area!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

attachment.php?attachmentid=380878&stc=1&d=1459011283

It looks like they are trying to turn that shallow pool I have seen in videos on youtube into a splash zone type thing for kids. and here is the fb I got it off of if you wanna see the picture bigger https://www.facebook.com/michael.capellan.146

If you mean a baby-only splash area (kids in swim diapers), I would be very surprised if they are doing this. There is a significant cost involved to modify a pool to one of these facilities, and for a ship that has been earmarked to go to a market where it will be doing "social impact" cruises (the cultural exchange cruises to Cuba), I would think that babies would not be a large part of the demographic interested in those cruises.

If you mean a baby-only splash area (kids in swim diapers), I would be very surprised if they are doing this. There is a significant cost involved to modify a pool to one of these facilities, and for a ship that has been earmarked to go to a market where it will be doing "social impact" cruises (the cultural exchange cruises to Cuba), I would think that babies would not be a large part of the demographic interested in those cruises.

I thought it was being marketed as a party ship. Splash zone doesn't fit that either

I thought it was being marketed as a party ship. Splash zone doesn't fit that either

Party ship shmarty ship. I'm sailing in May with my 3 year old. There will be families on these it initial sailings because it's the only short cruise option (besides 3/4 Bahamas runs) for Royal in south Florida. I know a lot of families booked on the ship for this summer.

A splash area for kids would be nice- says the mother who drags her kid everyone with her :D

Edited by Sunkissed Mommy

e1d657e8ca9cee3d6e17336cb7a0344c.jpg33bd9fe3e2ff8154624dfca62ed4a118.jpg34c781ac1d060bd38269f82c4378067d.jpg

Blurry but u can see one of those umbrella water things and two sprinkler water things sticking up...it was a shallow pool and these things definitely look like part of a small splash area

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

e1d657e8ca9cee3d6e17336cb7a0344c.jpg33bd9fe3e2ff8154624dfca62ed4a118.jpg34c781ac1d060bd38269f82c4378067d.jpg

Blurry but u can see one of those umbrella water things and two sprinkler water things sticking up...it was a shallow pool and these things definitely look like part of a small splash area

Not doubting that it is a intended to be a small child splash area. However, a water facility that allows children in swim diapers (non-potty trained) requires:

A completely separate water supply from any other water facility

A "turn over" rate, or how often the water is circulated, higher than any other water facility

An Ultra-Violet light sterilizer that is in the flow line of the recirculation water, and sterilizes 100% of the water multiple times an hour

An alarm system that will shut the water facility down and drain it if the chlorination or UV sterilization systems fail

A designated diaper changing area somewhere close by

A crewmember assigned to the water facility

A means of restricting access between the baby-only pool and other water facilities.

Party ship shmarty ship. I'm sailing in May with my 3 year old. There will be families on these it initial sailings because it's the only short cruise option (besides 3/4 Bahamas runs) for Royal in south Florida. I know a lot of families booked on the ship for this summer.

A splash area for kids would be nice- says the mother who drags her kid everyone with her :D

Don't forget to try the brunch. 3 year olds love Mimosas. ;)

Definitely a scaled down splash away bay there but would they really cancel 6 cruises for that??? If that's the case anyone booked on majesty when she comes out better rebook sharpish as they've only got 2 weeks to install splash away bay on her. Even though it's being kept on the quiet, I believe something else is going on with the ship.

Definitely a scaled down splash away bay there but would they really cancel 6 cruises for that??? If that's the case anyone booked on majesty when she comes out better rebook sharpish as they've only got 2 weeks to install splash away bay on her. Even though it's being kept on the quiet, I believe something else is going on with the ship.

Oh yeah, there's definitely something else going on.

It seems that Royal might just he making good use of their extra time.

definitely agree they must be doing something else that is a lot bigger. Also this could have already been done and just the first time we have been able to see it in the pictures. Wondering when or if they will update deck plans as the deck plans list 6 hot tubs and that clearly isn't happening anymore.

Edited by AlisaB

Just found this video posted this morning from the Empress of the Seas. I remember the original centrum was amazing back in the 90's, cant wait to see it in 29 days!

https://www.facebook.com/search/latest/?q=empress%20of%20the%20seas

Yep her centrum has been brought up to the standard of what has been on the vision class. Seems like the crew are having a ball on the crossing [emoji106]🏻

Just found this video posted this morning from the Empress of the Seas. I remember the original centrum was amazing back in the 90's, cant wait to see it in 29 days!

https://www.facebook.com/search/latest/?q=empress%20of%20the%20seas

Seems the link isn't working for me. I only get a list of possible results. Could the video have been removed?