Tour with Pearl Harbor and North Beach possible?

Silent Penguin

I'm about to give up. Am I asking too much? We're looking for a tour on Oahu that includes Pearl Harbor and North Beach or some kind of beautiful scenery sightseeing (not interested in the city), but every tour I see online that includes Pearl Harbor and North Beach picks up and starts earlier than we can get off the ship. I'm starting to think we will have pick one or the other, enjoying scenery and beach stuff or touring Pearl Harbor but not both. Since it is our first time in Hawaii, we want to concentrate on seeing the sights and not worrying about finding our way around, traffic or parking, so if you are going to suggest renting a car, please don't. I'm going to keep looking online, but in the meantime, if you read this and can suggest a tour that includes Pearl Harbor and sightseeing, I would appreciate hearing from you. We're on the Ruby Princess and the in-port time is 7:00pm - 11pm.

Assume you mean North Shore?

I would think a tour on the North Shore would focus on the Polynesian Cultural Center as the main point of interest.

Yeah, I meant North Shore. Sorry. I didn't reread my post carefully. I had my heart set on seeing the big waves, but I guess I can see those on a different island too.

I'm about to give up. Am I asking too much? We're looking for a tour on Oahu that includes Pearl Harbor and North Beach or some kind of beautiful scenery sightseeing (not interested in the city), but every tour I see online that includes Pearl Harbor and North Beach picks up and starts earlier than we can get off the ship. I'm starting to think we will have pick one or the other, enjoying scenery and beach stuff or touring Pearl Harbor but not both. Since it is our first time in Hawaii, we want to concentrate on seeing the sights and not worrying about finding our way around, traffic or parking, so if you are going to suggest renting a car, please don't. I'm going to keep looking online, but in the meantime, if you read this and can suggest a tour that includes Pearl Harbor and sightseeing, I would appreciate hearing from you. We're on the Ruby Princess and the in-port time is 7:00pm - 11pm.

Take the ships tour to Pearl Harbor. We have near seen a tour that includes Pearl harbor and North Beach . The harbor tour is about 4 to 6 hrs long depending on whether you take the optional add on to the battleship.

There is a tour with Gray line that goes to both places but not sure about pick up times etc. I plan on doing that tour in Sept.

Thanks! I overlooked this one somehow. The pick-up time from Waikiki hotels is between 7:00 and 7:10. If the driver can pick us up after the hotel guests, we're in business.

UPDATE: I called Gray Line in Honolulu. :( No dice. Pick-up is in Waikiki and the driver does not come to the cruise port. We can't make this one.

Edited by Silent Penguin

I can't believe that the cruise line doesn't have a deal with Roberts or someone like that for a tour that takes in the North Shore and the USS Arizona Memorial.

But if not you might have to engage a private contractor like Johnny Cab or Charley's.

http://www.johnnycabhi.com/

http://charleystaxi.com/services/other/

I can't believe that the cruise line doesn't have a deal with Roberts or someone like that for a tour that takes in the North Shore and the USS Arizona Memorial.

But if not you might have to engage a private contractor like Johnny Cab or Charley's.

http://www.johnnycabhi.com/

http://charleystaxi.com/services/other/

Thanks! I took a quick look at both. One of these might be just right for us.

May be, just --

Try booking tickets for Arizona Memorial starting exactly 60 days before the date you're interested in at 7AM HNL time. Let's say for 9AM. You have to be there at least one hour before to receive the tickets. Leaving by taxi at 7.30AM from the pier.

Spending 2 hours at PH.

From there you can book one of the above taxi companies to tour the North Shore.

That way - you're not paying for the tour/time at PH, which is at least 2 "dead" hours.

Edited by dani negreanu

Update:

We're going to start the day with an island tour (Johnny Cab). After the tour, John will drop us off at Pearl Harbor. I appreciate the suggestion about getting tickets to the Arizona Memorial ahead of time, but there haven't been online tickets available for our date since we booked the cruise, which was rather last-minute. Even if it is too late in the day to get tickets, we're okay with just seeing what we can see. Next time.

Thanks for the help!

• 1 month later...
Update:

We're going to start the day with an island tour (Johnny Cab). After the tour, John will drop us off at Pearl Harbor. I appreciate the suggestion about getting tickets to the Arizona Memorial ahead of time, but there haven't been online tickets available for our date since we booked the cruise, which was rather last-minute. Even if it is too late in the day to get tickets, we're okay with just seeing what we can see. Next time.

Thanks for the help!

Hi...we are also using Johnny Cab for our tour of the island on Thursday May 5th and Doing Pearl Harbor on Friday, May 6th....If you are also going to be in Honolulu at the same time and can use the Pearl Harbor Arizona Tickets on Thursday, I might be able to help you as I purchased (reserved tickets for both days)

Thanks,

Patti