Hotel Accommodations

smileycin

I'm fairly new to Cruise Critic and I'm trying to navigate my way through the different forums on here. My husband and I will be taking our first cruise in mid-April and we are sailing from Port Everglades in Florida. Is there a place on the boards that would give information/advise on hotel accommodations, shuttles etc.

Thanks!

Welcome to Cruise Critic. There is a section on the boards called North American Homeports. This will cover all ships leaving from North America and has sub forums for East Coast, Gulf Coast, Florida, and West Coast departures. I've provided the link for Florida departures below. It should provide some useful information.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Additionally, there is a ports of call forum (link below) where you will find information about the ports that your ship will sail to.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Hope you have a great cruise!

Carrie

Edited by cml4958

Welcome to Cruise Critic. There is a section on the boards called North American Homeports. This will cover all ships leaving from North America and has sub forums for East Coast, Gulf Coast, Florida, and West Coast departures. I've provided the link for Florida departures below. It should provide some useful information.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Additionally, there is a ports of call forum (link below) where you will find information about the ports that your ship will sail to.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Carrie

Thanks Carrie for your reply and for the information! So excited to experience our first cruise and these boards have been full of useful tips that I never would have thought of! :)

Carrie has given you good information.

You can get transportation, restaurant and hotel recommendation for Ft Lauderdale on the Florida Departures Port Of Call Board.

Keith

Perfect! Thanks Keith!!

Thanks Carrie for your reply and for the information! So excited to experience our first cruise and these boards have been full of useful tips that I never would have thought of! :)

I was the same way on my 1st cruise about the cabin and on the second cruise for the ports. The boards were very helpful to me. For excursions or more information about cities, Trip Advisor is a great resource but make sure to look at reviews with a close eye. New reviewers that have an over the top, 5 star review, etc.

Carrie

I was the same way on my 1st cruise about the cabin and on the second cruise for the ports. The boards were very helpful to me. For excursions or more information about cities, Trip Advisor is a great resource but make sure to look at reviews with a close eye. New reviewers that have an over the top, 5 star review, etc.

Carrie

Thanks Carrie! I will definitely keep that in mind!!

Probably the best bet is to check out "Fort Lauderdale motels" on the Internet. Or, if you have a preference, check out a particular brand: say, Comfort Inns, or Holiday Inn -- do some scanning to compare prices and locations -- virtually all sites will give you maps so you can pin point location.

We have frequently stayed at the Fairfield Inn on Griffin Rd. Dania Beach, Florida. We usually drive over the day before the cruise, stay one night and get to leave our car there free for up to 21 days. The next day we enjoy a complimentary full breakfast and a $10 p/p shuttle to Port Everglades. Upon return we take a taxi for about $25 + tip. There are good restaurants nearby too.

Have Fun.

Probably the best bet is to check out "Fort Lauderdale motels" on the Internet. Or, if you have a preference, check out a particular brand: say, Comfort Inns, or Holiday Inn -- do some scanning to compare prices and locations -- virtually all sites will give you maps so you can pin point location.

Perfect! Thank you for the tip!

We have frequently stayed at the Fairfield Inn on Griffin Rd. Dania Beach, Florida. We usually drive over the day before the cruise, stay one night and get to leave our car there free for up to 21 days. The next day we enjoy a complimentary full breakfast and a $10 p/p shuttle to Port Everglades. Upon return we take a taxi for about $25 + tip. There are good restaurants nearby too.

Have Fun.

Thanks! I will definitely check it out!!

I'm fairly new to Cruise Critic and I'm trying to navigate my way through the different forums on here. My husband and I will be taking our first cruise in mid-April and we are sailing from Port Everglades in Florida. Is there a place on the boards that would give information/advise on hotel accommodations, shuttles etc.

Thanks!

Do you want a view of the cruise ships when you wake up? If so, then I recommend these two hotels (the pictures were take from the deck of one of the cruise ships) ...

D1-3.jpg

D1-4.jpg

Do you want a view of the cruise ships when you wake up? If so, then I recommend these two hotels (the pictures were take from the deck of one of the cruise ships) ...

D1-3.jpg

D1-4.jpg

Now that would be amazing! Will definitely be looking into these hotels! Thank you!!

Thanks!

One thing to keep in mind: book soon! There may be 8-10,000 people embarking on a given day. Many fly in same day, many drive in, but many plan to stay overnight as you are. Many hotel rooms out there but the supply is finite...

One thing to keep in mind: book soon! There may be 8-10,000 people embarking on a given day. Many fly in same day, many drive in, but many plan to stay overnight as you are. Many hotel rooms out there but the supply is finite...

Thank you and luckily room is now booked!!