Sirena turnaround

nvgal

I sure hope so since I am on this inaugural voyage. Perhaps they will start the refurbishing (breaking down the cabins) during the crossing since it is mostly cosmetic but it seems a tight schedule. We love the smaller R ships. Our first cruise ever was on the Regatta.

My first cruise was on Regatta in Nov. 2007. A TA that the captain referred to later as "a challenging crossing". Now, fast forward 9 years and I am sailing on Sirena on April 27. Cruise # 17. Love the small ships.:)

Well from what I could find they have scheduled 35 days for the refit

so I guess it depends on what they find during the process & hope they do not hit any snags along the way

As mentioned they will probably doing some work on the way to France so that will cut down on some tear down time

Lyn

I have looked for her on AIS and she does not show up, I know she is not a submarine, anyone else know where she is?

last night when I checked she was near the Canaries should be in GIB Sunday

Not sure if this will work

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/zoom:9/olddate:lastknown/oldshipid:371330/oldmmsi:538006842/_:5f8a7ea8f0c78feda2c8dc118bf28989

Edited by LHT28

I have looked for her on AIS and she does not show up, I know she is not a submarine, anyone else know where she is?

If her AIS is out of range, which it probably is if she is is mid-Atlantic somewhere, it will not show up unless you have a paid subscription to the service.

Just got off the ship for the last Ocean Princess voyage. Wonderful ship. Hope they dont change it too much

I hope they do.....bring her into the world of "class.". Princess ran her as a mass market type with fix dining, no other venues, modest decore and so-so ambiance

The powers that be have surveyed the ship and its going to have to take 40 million to bring her up to O standards... Like Regatta.

So a lot of Princess will need to go.... thank goodness.

Thanks, my Scots background which sometimes tells me not to pay for something that looks free is in play - hence the AIS not showing Sirena. Appreciate knowing that she is closing in on Marseille for pampering

I hope they do.....bring her into the world of "class.". Princess ran her as a mass market type with fix dining, no other venues, modest decore and so-so ambiance

The powers that be have surveyed the ship and its going to have to take 40 million to bring her up to O standards... Like Regatta.

So a lot of Princess will need to go.... thank goodness.

Right on HD! And will you be onboard so I might buy you that GG Vodka and talk about the navy? Hope so, if not will manage it another time.:D

I just read RCI canceled 6 cruises on Empress of the seas due to delays in renovations. From what I've heard RCI is offering $100.00 shipboard credit if you switch to a shorter and cheaper cruise. Nicely done!

I believe Nautica and Insignia were renovated in Marseille as well. I don't believe they had any delays on the first 2, I'd expect the same result for Sirena.

Thanks, my Scots background which sometimes tells me not to pay for something that looks free is in play - hence the AIS not showing Sirena. Appreciate knowing that she is closing in on Marseille for pampering

She is underway again

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/oldshipid:371330/oldmmsi:538006842/olddate:lastknown

You do not need to sign up just put in the ship name in the search

but you can sign up but no fee for the basic account ;)

http://www.marinetraffic.com/

Edited by LHT28

She is underway again

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/oldshipid:371330/oldmmsi:538006842/olddate:lastknown

You do not need to sign up just put in the ship name in the search

but you can sign up but no fee for the basic account ;)

http://www.marinetraffic.com/

LHT = thanks for posting the whereabouts of Sirena. Glad to know she is getting ready for us.

Right on HD! And will you be onboard so I might buy you that GG Vodka and talk about the navy? Hope so, if not will manage it another time.:D

I will be on the Jan 4 2017, sailing for Tahiti from LA.. All Booked up for the summer and fall.....Malta to Miami on Insignia... Come on aboard any of those times... I am liking the one way flight options where I dont have to fly RT to Europe... I am pretty much Europed-out been there on pleasure and business since 1977 !!! ....

Ill look for ya... and we can exchange sea stories....

Sounds like a good plan, I will need to get a strategy in place to convince my other half that her horses will be fine while we go to Tahiti, and living up here 54N, means I have a real challenge...oh well. On the Sirena, she is just passing Ibeza in the Balearic Sea headed directly for Marseille. My guess is given her speed she should be in the dock tomorrow afternoon, latest. Let the upgrades begin!:D

The beginning of 5 weeks of $40m in changes commences today in Marseille. Great, and beat my guesstimate considerably - if the O team would give us updates and pics it would be nice, but the transformation to O class from P class has now begun.:)

The beginning of 5 weeks of $40m in changes commences today in Marseille. Great, and beat my guesstimate considerably - if the O team would give us updates and pics it would be nice, but the transformation to O class from P class has now begun.:)

YEAH!!!! Counting down to April 27.:D

Is a "technical stop" good or bad? She is Marseilles now.

Fuel, contractors, supplies, or who knows what else. I doubt it was "bad".

That site has a history of posting photos of ships as they call at that port, I'm guessing they thought a ship on her way to dry dock in transition between companies was worth a few photos.