Sirena turnaround

nvgal

I understand that Sirena has been turned over to Oceania, as of yesterday. What will happen to her now? Will she stay in Miami, go somewhere else for refit or what? I am curious as she needs to be ready for the April 27th sailing.

Laura;)

Maybe she will go to the ship yard in Italy for the refit

I do not recall where the refit was to take place

I am sure she will be are shiny & like new for her Inaugural sailing next month

She is in Miami now.

The PortMiami docking report has her departing Miami at 5pm on March 10. They show her next port of call as Havana which seems very odd. Either it's a mistake or perhaps Oceania has something planned we don't know about.

They have today (March 8) listed as her name change from OCEAN PRINCESS to Oceania SIRENA.

I've attached the docking report.

25320673760_8f813b2bf3_b.jpg

37989207_ScreenShot2016-03-08at10_44_11AM.jpg.ba489b9a803cf5d0c14df4bfac709ce7.jpg

Edited by eroller

She is in Miami now.

The PortMiami docking report has her departing Miami at 5pm on March 10. They show her next port of call as Havana which seems very odd. Either it's a mistake or perhaps Oceania has something planned we don't know about.

Not sure if that is the next Port or some other info ..hard to tell in the screen shot what it means

Guess we will wait & see where she goes ;)

Not sure if that is the next Port or some other info ..hard to tell in the screen shot what it means

Guess we will wait & see where she goes ;)

It's the next port. I cut off the part at the top which tells which each section means. Last port was Curacao and next port is supposed to be Havana.

I find it hard to believe, but I've also found the PortMiami docking report to be quite accurate as it's is what CBP uses.

Marseille seems far more logical!

It's the next port. I cut off the part at the top which tells which each section means. Last port was Curacao and next port is supposed to be Havana.

I find it hard to believe, but I've also found the PortMiami docking report to be quite accurate as it's is what CBP uses.

Marseille seems far more logical!

I know that the port report is not 100% accurate as I arrived on the Crystal Symphony on 3/5 and the last port was Key West, not Nassau.

Roy

Just got off the ship for the last Ocean Princess voyage. Wonderful ship. Hope they dont change it too much

It would only be better under Oceania, trust me on that one.

You can be sure having sold OP to Oceania over 12 months ago that Princess will have done only essential maintenance over the last year , and that OP will be a bit tired appearance wise . However Oceania will spare no $ in bringing this R class boat up to standard as SIRENA . Thats the way of big business these days.

My thoughts exactly. Doesn't a transatlantic usually take only 8 to 10 days?

If they have passengers & ports to stop at

i think they could do in 5 -6 days even with a stop for fuel ...I am guessing though

If they have passengers & ports to stop at

i think they could do in 5 -6 days even with a stop for fuel ...I am guessing though

Nope. These R-class ships are not fast, and they don't want to run the engines at full capacity anyway. Too much fuel.

The QE2 could do a 5-day crossing from Southampton to New York but she was a very fast ship. Also an ocean liner built for crossings. That distance is shorter than Miami-Marseille as well.

I would say 10 days is about right for this deadhead crossing. Maybe they added in a couple extra days to really cut down on fuel usage. Also I'm sure there will be plenty of contractors onboard for the crossing getting lots of work done even before the ship reaches the shipyard.

Nope. These R-class ships are not fast, and they don't want to run the engines at full capacity anyway. Too much fuel.

The QE2 could do a 5-day crossing from Southampton to New York but she was a very fast ship. Also an ocean liner built for crossings. That distance is shorter than Miami-Marseille as well.

I would say 10 days is about right for this deadhead crossing. Maybe they added in a couple extra days to really cut down on fuel usage. Also I'm sure there will be plenty of contractors onboard for the crossing getting lots of work done even before the ship reaches the shipyard.

I sure hope so since I am on this inaugural voyage. Perhaps they will start the refurbishing (breaking down the cabins) during the crossing since it is mostly cosmetic but it seems a tight schedule. We love the smaller R ships. Our first cruise ever was on the Regatta.

I sure hope so since I am on this inaugural voyage. Perhaps they will start the refurbishing (breaking down the cabins) during the crossing since it is mostly cosmetic but it seems a tight schedule. We love the smaller R ships. Our first cruise ever was on the Regatta.

Even if they left on the 10th & took 10 days if they go to drydock then they still have a month to do the work

I saw Azamara just did the Journey in 2 wks ...mind you they were not completely done by the 1st sailing post drydock

it depends on how long the Sirena is scheduled in the shipyard

time will tell

i am sure she will be beautiful when done

Even if they left on the 10th & took 10 days if they go to drydock then they still have a month to do the work

I saw Azamara just did the Journey in 2 wks ...mind you they were not completely done by the 1st sailing post drydock

it depends on how long the Sirena is scheduled in the shipyard

time will tell

i am sure she will be beautiful when done

I love what Azamara has done. It's beautiful but they realized not enough time was allotted. They have already lengthened the refit period for the second ship.

It is amazing how much can be accomplished in a short period of time. It just takes extreme organization, a small army, and lots of $$$!

It is amazing how much can be accomplished in a short period of time. It just takes extreme organization, a small army, and lots of $$$!

I am sure Oceania know what they are doing by now :D

I am sure Oceania know what they are doing by now :D

I'm sure they do, but I would be willing to bet some work will still need to be completed after the ship leaves the yard. It's just the nature of the business. Cruise lines looking for the lowest bidder and shipyards giving unrealistic completion times to make them more competitive. It's been happening for decades and I don't see it changing. The first cruise after a refit almost always has some construction impact, but hopefully it's minimal and non obtrusive.

Well said, I have asked Oceania to consider providing weekly updates of refurbishment with pics, but have not had a response, yet. We are on this trip and have made our own flight arrangements, so need to know if any delays occur (hopefully not!). Will see what the response is and share it.