If you could change one thing about NCL....

yeclano

Rock night would be fun. We have sailed on the gem in the past and Nextstage was there and they were awesome. They did rock night up on the deck by the pool while we were in Bermuda. If u have the chance to listen to them do so. We have seen them on many cruises .

It's one thing if NCL wants to change its pricing or terms, etc.

But yikes! STOP changing the terms AFTER passengers have already booked, and *especially* after final payment (meaning penalties apply to cancel).

IF they are going to do that, then grandfather in *everyone* who has already made a deposit so the terms they PAID for still exist.

Better yet, just make any changes for *FUTURE* cruises, and have those apply to everyone.

How easy is that??

It's just common sense.

They are free to charge whatever they want, and make whatever terms they wish. But customers need to be able to know what they are "buying".

Oh, and make any changes/terms easy to understand.

Then everyone who does make a reservation will know what they are getting, and everyone should benefit, including NCL with fewer complaints.

Agree 100%!!!!

1) Give up selective "Freestyle" - if it were REALLY freestyle, there would be the option of assigned dining at particular times as one of the choices.

2) Staff sufficiently.

3) Restore previous levels of quality to MDR dining so we would not have to pay specialty dining fees for good food/service.

Agree with the comments about terms and conditions constantly changing. We are newly platinum, read cc at least every few days and check the NCL website at least twice a month. I can't keep up. If you want me to keep booking cruises, keep the product consistent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Better quality of food in the MDR.

I agree with you. I wish they would have better quality of food, but not just in the MDR. The last time I was on the Jewel, I was in a suite and ate at the speciality restaurants each night. I didn't enjoy the food at all.

Other than the food, I love NCL.

I agree with you. I wish they would have better quality of food, but not just in the MDR. The last time I was on the Jewel, I was in a suite and ate at the speciality restaurants each night. I didn't enjoy the food at all.

Other than the food, I love NCL.

Wow - if you did not enjoy the food in the specialty restaurants at all, you REALLY would have had a problem eating in the MDR.

Wow - if you did not enjoy the food in the specialty restaurants at all, you REALLY would have had a problem eating in the MDR.

Wondering what they eat at home? I'm always amazed at the people saying how horrible the food is on a cruise.

Edited by Mr and Mrs C

I would love a Mexican restaurant onboard of some sort.

I would also like better service and more positive attitude from staff. I have definitely noticed a decline in friendliness and service over the last few years.

I wish they would just have a low price with no add on perks, etc. and allow us to pick and choose how we want to spend our money. I also wish they would make the DSC mandatory.

id like a barebones price too! my $5387 cruise would be 3825 when i backed out the 4 'freebees' i was given

id become a more regular cruiser if they did this.

but if ships are always full, there is zero incentive to change anything

Wondering what they eat at home? I'm always amazed at the people saying how horrible the food is on a cruise.

At home we eat rather well prepared (by ourselves) food , made from quality (but not overly pricey basics) served (by ourselves) hot and in a competent and timely fashion, without a lot of waiters rushing nearby stripping and resetting tables; and without having to wait at the entrance to the dining room for 15 - 20 minutes most evenings.

We eat one whole h**l of a lot better at home than on an NCL ship.

Install laundromats with irons and washer dryers ...long cruises need laundry facilities

I agree. We are platinum on NCL and love everything - including the food in the buffet and mdr. I want the laundry facilities that we used to have on HAl and a few other ships. We really miss being able to do our own laundry. Even with free laundry there are many items of clothing that I want to be able to wash in the washer and bring back to my cabin and air dry on the line in the shower. It's also nice to be able to iron any item of clothing in the laundry room and not have to order an iron and ironing board to use in the small cabin.

As long as there are enough people willing to pay the fares and add-ons to fill their ships, NCL will continue raising fares and cutting service to maximize profits (which, after all, is more of their reason for being in business than trying to give their customers affordable, quality experiences).

There seems to be a definite trend on NCL- which will continue until they start seriously losing passengers to other lines who offer better value.

Some changes to the itinerary out of New Orleans would be welcome. Would also love to see some that were more than 7 days. If NCL announced today a new and longer cruise out of NOLA, I would book it today!

This is a little one, but has always been an issue for me since my first cruise. The English muffins are not very good and seem to be low quality. Same goes for the hot dog and hamburger buns. Have never had a bun that was toasted on NCL and always prefer my buns toasted.

Some changes to the itinerary out of New Orleans would be welcome. Would also love to see some that were more than 7 days. If NCL announced today a new and longer cruise out of NOLA, I would book it today!

This is a little one, but has always been an issue for me since my first cruise. The English muffins are not very good and seem to be low quality. Same goes for the hot dog and hamburger buns. Have never had a bun that was toasted on NCL and always prefer my buns toasted.

Good English muffins cost more than low quality ones; and the staff time (and electric usage) required to toast hot dog buns are similar cost items which have all been reduced to improve the bottom line.

I haven't sailed since June 2014, but it seemed like the MDR food was getting more and more mediocre. Actually, La Cucina on the BA on that cruise was just really bad. The first time I had La Cucina, years earlier, it was surprisingly good! Maybe just bad luck?

I don't want to comment on the newer stuff since I haven't experienced it. However the idea of charging a la carte on a cruise ship is a turn off. I get the upcharge...

I'm back on BA in 2 weeks and one thing I'm concerned about is being able to get a drink now that the entire world has the UBP, including myself. What is the point of have the UBP if you can't get drinks steadily? BUT - that is a worry - hopefully not a reality.

Good thread!

Love NCL for entertainment... the most fun cruise line.

-aj

I'm back on BA in 2 weeks and one thing I'm concerned about is being able to get a drink now that the entire world has the UBP, including myself. What is the point of have the UBP if you can't get drinks steadily? BUT - that is a worry - hopefully not a reality.

-aj

On our Feb. 21 sailing on Gem, the almost complete absence of staff circulating in lounges, near the pool and in he theater taking drink orders was probably the most obvious evidence of staff reductions. Additionally, many bars had just one, sometimes two, bartenders where previously there would regularly have been three or four. That may not have been the motivation, but the end result must have been to reduce the value of the UBP by so limiting passengers' ability to use it.

I was on the Dawn in December and didn't have any issues getting a drink. Also there were staff around the pool taking drink orders, but I will say I wasn't at the pool on sea days. If you read the many reviews, some are saying it is an issue and some are saying they had no issue.

I see there are some veal dishes- I would like if they added veal parm as well as gryos.

I liked shanghai on epic- would like if they added general tsos and hot and sour soup

I would like veal parmigiana as well. I'm excited that La Cucina, on the new a la carte menu, will have osso buco alla milanese and they have veal scaloppine. Edited by NLH Arizona

We will book another NCL when the policy allows you to book Vibe reservations when you book dining, spa passes and shows online in advance!! It is very dangerous to have passengers running to get the passes when boarding!!

Edited by lovewine
change title