If you could change one thing about NCL....

yeclano

If you could change one thing about NCL, What would you change?

I love NCL and I have no intention of going back TO RCL,CCL or HAL but I hate the fact that on most cruises offered, there is an enormous price difference between The USA,The UK and Europe.

On a short European cruise, there is a 2000 dollar difference for the same room, same ship, same date and same occupancy between .com and .eu

Why?

I wish they would just have a low price with no add on perks, etc. and allow us to pick and choose how we want to spend our money. I also wish they would make the DSC mandatory.

That would work for me too!

That would work for me too!

You could make it mandatory by including it in the cruise fare. I also don't like the higher prices to offset the freebies. We are moderate drinkers and would pay much less paying as we go!

Stop changing things every couple of months (price increases, T&C changes etc.).

It's one thing if NCL wants to change its pricing or terms, etc.

But yikes! STOP changing the terms AFTER passengers have already booked, and *especially* after final payment (meaning penalties apply to cancel).

IF they are going to do that, then grandfather in *everyone* who has already made a deposit so the terms they PAID for still exist.

Better yet, just make any changes for *FUTURE* cruises, and have those apply to everyone.

How easy is that??

It's just common sense.

They are free to charge whatever they want, and make whatever terms they wish. But customers need to be able to know what they are "buying".

Oh, and make any changes/terms easy to understand.

Then everyone who does make a reservation will know what they are getting, and everyone should benefit, including NCL with fewer complaints.

If you could change one thing about NCL, What would you change?

I love NCL and I have no intention of going back TO RCL,CCL or HAL but I hate the fact that on most cruises offered, there is an enormous price difference between The USA,The UK and Europe.

On a short European cruise, there is a 2000 dollar difference for the same room, same ship, same date and same occupancy between .com and .eu

Why?

After cruising with NCL exclusively, we have tried HAL and love it. What turned us off about NCL was dismal service, impersonal atmosphere, the number of disturbing incidents with drunken passengers, and they started constantly adding fees for every little thing. For example they say room service is free, but there's a service charge of over seven dollars. Don't know if it was cutbacks or what, but on our last cruise the food was horrible, even in the upcharge restaurants. When we tried to nicely and politely address these issues, we were basically laughed at by the Managers we spoke with. That was unacceptable to us, after what we paid to cruise with NCL. It's unfortunate because we really enjoyed our past cruises with NCL, but we didn't care for their changing business model. We felt that the service staff is stretched so thin they have a hard time giving good service. The service staff seemed so unhappy and even grumpy at times, and we didn't even ask for anything special. Oh wait - we did ask for a fresh beach towel because the ONE we had was taken with the laundry that morning and you'd think we asked for the world to have it replaced. After all the grumbling and brow beating we got we were sorry we asked for another towel. Towel - singular when we should have had two lol

Now we know we would prefer paying more upfront and having more included for that price. But how NCL does it now it feels like the money sucking never ends. We didn't feel like welcomed guests at all, we felt like nothing more than dollar signs for the NCL corporation. Obviously many people are okay with how NCL does things, we felt it was best to go outside of our comfort zone and try other cruise lines. After all, if you're not happy you can always find someplace else to spend your money, and we found that out with cruising too.

Lorie

What does "grandfather" mean

Grandfather rights are when you are granted something because it was included when you booked but was since removed or changed. It is often used on driving licences when they make the categories more restrictive - you keep your previous entitlement even though it has subsequently been removed.

I agree with the comment about better food in the MDR. I'd like to see better food in all venues. I've cruised mostly with Princess, once with RCCL, and once with NCL. I found them all fairly comparable, but NCL's food is a big step below both the others.

Late night pizza joint

This x1000! I was an avid Carnival person but have recently switched to NCL and seem to be more satisfied with NCL than most people (maybe because I'm new to NCL and don't have the past to compare it to). This is one thing I loved on Carnival and the one thing I miss on NCL. Sure, there's room service pizza, but that involves waiting and the service charge.

I wish they would turn the clock back a few years to when they adequately staffed the ships. The first two cruises I did on the Epic you would wait no more than a minute in O'Sheehans etc before someone came up to take your order. Now, on Breakaway and Getaway you can wait 10, 15 minutes to get served. Same at the bar.

This is almost certainly not helped by the all inclusive drinks packages given away to virtually everyone now so there is no longer an incentive to serve you at all. The reality is that less drinks served saves them money. Their cost cutting is very obvious.

I would like to see the main shows changed I've been on Breakaway 4 Times & each time same shows . They are Burn The Floor & Rock Of Ages. . I found out they have 5 year contracts. Also a change up in the MDR lunch menu would be nice instead of same menu all week.