Under seat tote

sprint180

Does anyone have recommendations for an under seat tote for the airplane?

I look on here once in a while and love to see what people are taking so I was wondering what was around now.

I found a Lily Bloom Tweety Twig bag that for some reason I think is cute. It really isn't my style but I like it. it is 14x14s 5.5. Is that a good under seat size of tote? I usually take a back pack so I am trying to gage the size.

If your backpack fits under the seat, simply hold it and the potential bag up and see how they compare! I usually bring my make-up case for under the seat...sort of a "fishing tackle" sort of container!!

Varies by aircraft - there's no guarantee that a bag that fits under one seat will fit under another because equipment is different. That said - softsided totes that aren't stuffed full can generally be finessed as needed.

I have a bag addiction - esp totes. I have tons and they all fit under airplane seats if I need them to;)

I have canvas boat & totes from LLBean & Lands End (some I've had 20+ years), I have sail cloth bags and wool flannel and black ballistic nylon from Briggs & Riley for business trips. For leisure trips, I typically bring a brightly colored nylon shopper from Timbuk2 - I got it on discount from Sierra Trading Post, it wears like iron, and has a zipper top with a couple of pockets inside - perfect!

I use a medium LeSportSac Tote. Bought it on clearance at DSW years ago for $8. Use it every trip, even packed DH and I in it for a 5day road trip. Washes easily in cold and hang dry.

Do you want something with wheels?

How about this?

http://www.ebags.com/product/it-luggage/worlds-lightest-tote/283049?productid=10375080

It's lighter than your choices with the same features.

Have several IT bags, carry on and 26"but not this tote. The 26" has gone internationally several times with no mechanical issue (at some point the IT tag fell off.)

I looked at that one a while back. I about ordered several times when it was in purple and maroon ish color. But, I didn't pull the trigger and now wish I had. I really don't like the pattern though

Thanks for the suggestion

I didn't think of weight, I will have to consider that.

I like my LeSportsac bags but don't like to carry the tote on airplanes as the straps aren't comfortable if there's much weight in the bag. If I also have a rolling bag, it's a possibility because the roller can carry it through airports, but otherwise - eh. Prefer it for day trips at home. But $8 - I'm totally envious! I have a duffel I got for $2 from a thrift store but every so often I wonder if it's a fake. Still works, and for $2 I'm not going to complain (I have several bags - they're my favorite to pack to bring home dirty laundry - the souvenirs go in the more protected bag)

That Lug bag looks really big and in some airplanes that's not going to leave much room for your feet IF it even fits under the seat.

http://www.women-bag.com/2011/12/01/baggallini-expandable-tote-bag/

I love this Bagallini zippered tote. It fits perfectly and zips closed so nothing falls out. It has zippered compartments inside and outside and one side of the bag is an open pouch for travel papers. The bag is tall but if you don't fill it all the way, the top half folds down so it just looks like a tote purse. And it weighs NOTHING. Because it's so thin and lightweight, you can pack it empty/flat and use it on the way home to carry stuff you bought on the trip.

Edited by royalcruz

Received my Jenni chan one. Not sure it is as cute in person as it is on the computer. I'm going to practice pack tonight and see how much I can get in it then decide. That LL Bean one is cute.

Boy, I am getting a serious bag addiction just looking.

The Tweety tote bag looks very nice and practical from what I see online.

Like others have said, which I agree with, the bag having soft sides is important.

I took some photos of my favourite travel tote, but imgur (my image hosting site) is not cooperating at the moment. I will try again later.

I really love my tote. I've gotten many compliments on it, but mainly I like it because it is so versatile. I have used it as my over-the-shoulder "purse" second allowable carry-on many times. It packs so much, that it frees up space for me in my luggage carry-on. My tote is pretty plain - no cute design. But, that is just my preference. :)

It fits easily and well under the seat in all Boeing 737s I have been on. On my most recent trip I fit it and my DSLR camera bag under the seat.

Dimensions:

height = 38 cm (15 in.)

length = 30 cm (12 in.)

width = 15 cm (6 in.)

width when stuffed full = 20 cm (8 in.)

It is made out of "PU Leather" aka split leather or bicoastal leather. It looks and feels just like leather, but does not get the wear and tear (cracks and scratch marks) which leather does from normal stress from use and weather. I love it.

My recommended qualities for a durable, practical over-the-shoulder "second carry-on" are:

Soft sided, Lightweight, durable material and fastenings, long, wide and durable shoulder straps, easy open and close fastener, large main storage area. Personally, I don't like the totes/messenger bags/backpacks with a ton of compartments. A few compartments are needed, useful and handy. However, too may of them just take up space and time.

http://www.travelsmith.com/travelon-underseater-carry-on-bag/luggage-bags/carryon-luggage/10927 this is actually the perfect bag. You might be able to find it cheaper on Amazon like I did. I got the set for around $60

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Ordered this bag from Amazon last week and couldn't be happier!! It also came with a soft sided tote. And paid $60 for both!!

http://www.travelsmith.com/travelon-underseater-carry-on-bag/luggage-bags/carryon-luggage/10927 this is actually the perfect bag. You might be able to find it cheaper on Amazon like I did. I got the set for around $60

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have this set and its wonderful! Lots of room for carry on essentials and a change of clothes. Yet, small enough to maneuver through the airport security and plane with ease. It's a wonderful size and fits underneath the seat in front of you. Love the fact that it has wheels so you don't have to constantly carry it, and there's a strap on the back to attach to a larger suitcase. it also meets international airline carry on limits. You simply can't go wrong with this carry on.

I just purchased this Samsonite small underseater. I haven't used it yet but I'm already in love! It's super lightweight, has tons of pockets inside to keep you organized (some of them actually unsnap so you can use it as a hanging organizer on a hook in your cruise/hotel room), a strap on the back to nest on the handle of your upright checked bag, and great smooth-rolling wheels. Best of all, it's very compact and lightweight (unlike the Travelon one I had purchased just prior). It also seems like it would be easy to open on the plane while its under the seat to obtain needed things like snacks, a book, or earphones.

I purchased mine on Amazon but here's the bag:

http://www.ebags.com/product/samsonite/wheeled-underseater-small/264293

Well I got the Jenni Chan and sent it back. I did find this one and liked that it could be a backpack. I am a function over fashion type of gal and thought it looked good. I don't like that it doesn't have a front zip section that you can put pens, phone etc. in though

http://www.amazon.com/Soybu-Womens-Moksha-Tote-Black/dp/B0118QJMRQ?ie=UTF8&keywords=Soybu%20Womens%20Moksha%20Convertible%20Bag&qid=1459199851&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1