I pad Issues on RCI

we are on Rhapsody right now. My wife's IPad mini works fine, if a bit slow(as is true for this ship) My IPad 2 keeps stalling. I have to often sign off the network and then sign back on. Guest services no help. Can't talk to I T staff. Anyone run into this? Any thoughts"

My only experience getting knocked off was because my dear wife kept logging in on hers and we only paid for one device. I think she was doing it on purpose. ;) Other than that, there was an issue with iPad 2 about a year ago with one of the updates that people were complaining about. Is your OS up to date?

Might be your location on the ship. I kept dropping my connection while on the Brilliance back in January with my iPhone 6.

Oh yeah and there's that to. I forgot what ship you were on.

Edited by Big_G

we are on Rhapsody right now. My wife's IPad mini works fine, if a bit slow(as is true for this ship) My IPad 2 keeps stalling. I have to often sign off the network and then sign back on. Guest services no help. Can't talk to I T staff. Anyone run into this? Any thoughts"

When everything else fails to help try rebooting your iPad. It can't hurt and has helped on mine several times.

Strange... DW and I have the opposite problem. Her mini won't connect at all, while my iPad 4 woks like a charm. Fortunately she also has an iPhone6 that is working well.

Have you tried different locations on the ship? Cabin, Centrium, Windjammer etc.

It looks like you are doing South America. When we were going around South America last year there were some places that it seemed like there just wasn't any connection at all, not even my laptop could keep a connection.

I'm currently on the Grandeur and my iPad Air 2 is working, but is very slow and hard to get some things to load. I am trying to work through it, but it sure doesn't work like it does at home. At least I am using my free minutes and not paying for it....

Gwen [emoji3]

It could just be I Pad 2. I was having same problems. Spoke to Apple as well as other IT people, Even though all operating systems and apps were updated, the I Pad 2 just couldn't handle the new OS and apps. Got a new I Pad Air for Christmas and it is a big difference. Everything works now. No more " an error occurred so this web page was reloaded" and disconnects.

Independence last week kept booting me off the Wifi, and I had to reconnect... Very slow as well.

Was hoping the Brilliance would be better, but sounds like the same thing (On that next month).

Don't think it will be better...was on Brilliance in February....had problems being dropped off wifi on both my iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2. Not only would it drop the connection, but then when I would try and log back in, I would get an error message that I was already connected, despite going through the step of LOGOFF.COM on each devise. The only thing that worked was turning off wifi on the devise, and rediscovering the network. In addition to that, the guy I spoke to at guest services told me to open a URL or app that I hadn't used recently, and that seemed to work most of the time.

His comment to me " Apple devises don't always play nicely on our ships wifi." 😳

You will notice a difference in speeds depending on the time of day. Very early in the morning it was actually decent, but no comparison at all to the speeds on Allure and Oasis

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It could just be I Pad 2. I was having same problems. Spoke to Apple as well as other IT people, Even though all operating systems and apps were updated, the I Pad 2 just couldn't handle the new OS and apps. Got a new I Pad Air for Christmas and it is a big difference. Everything works now. No more " an error occurred so this web page was reloaded" and disconnects.

Totally agree. When I went to iOS 8, the performance slowdown on my old iPad 2 was very noticeable, to the point I upgraded to an iPad air. I would expect an iPad 2 on iOS 9 would suffer even more. There is also the issue of an inferior wifi chip in the older iPads as compared to the newer.

On the Serenade (Feb 15-26) it was a hot mess!

I used the free 24 hour D+ amenity for my Ipad. I used it twice my 24 hour and then my DH 24 hour. Once was a sea day...big mistake!! Everyone was using wifi making it worse than it already was!

Kept getting these messages.....your ipad is not connected to the internet....or

Can not connect to the server....or painfully slow draining the battery like a bathtub drain!

Then I tired using it on a port day, a little better but not much.

Good thing it was free because I would never pay for it under those conditions!

OP...I feel for you....its very frustrating!!!

I had iPad mini problems on the Serenade in January, for most of the cruise. My OS was up to date and as soon as I stepped off the ship into an internet cafe, all the problems disappeared. Once back on the ship, same old, same old...the internet on Serenade sucks with many Apple devices. Just the facts!

BILL

On the Serenade (Feb 15-26) it was a hot mess!

I used the free 24 hour D+ amenity for my Ipad. I used it twice my 24 hour and then my DH 24 hour. Once was a sea day...big mistake!! Everyone was using wifi making it worse than it already was!

Kept getting these messages.....your ipad is not connected to the internet....or

Can not connect to the server....or painfully slow draining the battery like a bathtub drain!

Then I tired using it on a port day, a little better but not much.

Good thing it was free because I would never pay for it under those conditions!

OP...I feel for you....its very frustrating!!!

I had iPad mini problems on the Serenade in January, for most of the cruise. My OS was up to date and as soon as I stepped off the ship into an internet cafe, all the problems disappeared. Once back on the ship, same old, same old...the internet on Serenade sucks with many Apple devices. Just the facts!

BILL

We were on Serenade too (15-26 Feb) and have iPhone 5S, iPhone 5c, iPad Mini and iPad 2, all suffered the same, slow connection, disconnect immediately after connecting, unable to connect to Royal-WiFi etc. This was on all devices.

Despite RCI saying in the compass to refunds for basically poor or no service, I got a 50% refund on the package we paid for.

I have a orignial Ipad mini and it is slow even at home. Looking for a replacement, at the deal I had on a black Friday store some years ago. I though that Apples were immune from update problems and I'm a Mac believer, but sadly the updated IOS does not do well on older Ipads.

AS said a couplet reboot is a good place to try and gain some speed even on newer models.