Updates from the Queen Mary 2

Yes, We avoided the buffet (Kings Court) and also when in the theatre or such if anyone around me had a cough (especially a wet sounding one), we left or moved to another area.

People are such grubs when they have a cold. They act as if they are intent on sharing their bugs deliberately. I always hold my breathe when near a hacker and move away. Last year I was in a clothing store and looked up as the woman facing me just coughed full on in my face. I thanked her [emoji34] and within 2 days had a really nasty cough.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You are so right there Pushka on more than one occasion I had people cough right in front of me. We also always moved when a cougher was around but by then the damage is usually done. One lady claimed that she has never been sick on her 30 plus cruises. She glen20s all around the room and into the air con vents when she first arrives in her cabin. Why on earth can't they confine themselves to avoid the spread? Guess its the "I paid good money for this cruise and I am not going to miss anything no matter how crook I feel or how many others I spread it to"

With room service, movies, lectures and port info repeated on the tv plus this "wonderful" american election currently on tv constantly there is plenty to do within the confines of a room.

You are so right there Pushka on more than one occasion I had people cough right in front of me. We also always moved when a cougher was around but by then the damage is usually done. One lady claimed that she has never been sick on her 30 plus cruises. She glen20s all around the room and into the air con vents when she first arrives in her cabin. Why on earth can't they confine themselves to avoid the spread? Guess its the "I paid good money for this cruise and I am not going to miss anything no matter how crook I feel or how many others I spread it to"

With room service, movies, lectures and port info repeated on the tv plus this "wonderful" american election currently on tv constantly there is plenty to do within the confines of a room.

I agree, people are out to get whatever they can get while cruising whether they are sick or not.:(

Sad and selfish.

I began cruising after a cancer diagnosis, surgery and 10 months of chemotherapy.

My reward for my cancer fight was a cruise on celebrity century around nz. As it was my first cruise I was not aware of cruise critic.

I now consider myself so very very lucky that I didnt get sick on that cruise.

It was only 3 weeks after my last chemo and so i was certainly vulnerable as all chemo patients are at all times.

Perhaps my saviour was that I was still so weak that we did very little on the ship and mostly rested in my room. Now I realise just how lucky I was on that cruise.

By the way Mic - is your monthly canberra get together still happening?

Edited by Tara Jane

Sad and selfish.

I began cruising after a cancer diagnosis, surgery and 10 months of chemotherapy.

My reward for my cancer fight was a cruise on celebrity century around nz. As it was my first cruise I was not aware of cruise critic.

I now consider myself so very very lucky that I didnt get sick on that cruise.

It was only 3 weeks after my last chemo and so i was certainly vulnerable as all chemo patients are at all times.

Perhaps my saviour was that I was still so weak that we did very little on the ship and mostly rested in my room. Now I realise just how lucky I was on that cruise.

By the way Mic - is your monthly canberra get together still happening?

You were very lucky not to have gotten dreadfully ill as your immunity would have been very week. Hope you are still well and going strong.:D

Yes, the meet ups still happens although during to peoples cruising schedules, some months are very well attended and others may only get around 10. We will miss the next two due to being away. It is always the second Saturday of the month at the Southern Cross Yacht club, 2pm. Anyone is welcome.

Hello from the Queen Mary 2

Sorry for the lack of updates since we left Australia waters, the satellite internet connection on the Queen Mary 2 is not great!. (Tried to post this on a free wifi hotspot in China, but could not get anywhere thanks due to the Great “Firewall” of China.

As Kiwi Kruzer said Cairns was a complete wash out, it started out cloudy and the sun tried to break thought, but by the time we got the tender ashore it started raining and rained just about all of the day, but it did clear up for a bit in the afternoon, but the rain came back for sail away.

The rain did not bother us, as we had just been to Cairns on our Christmas cruise on the Pacific Aria (Mind you we had rain then as well!, lol!), so we did not do too much there, just picked up a few things we did not get in Sydney/Brisbane or get more off!, and then I meet up with a client of mine who I do work for lunch, then as we wanted to do the TRS, we had to be back on the ship before 4pm.

In the early hours of Saturday 19 March morning (12:40am) the caption came on the PA asking for any blood donors as they had a medical Emergency on board. Quite a few people turned up to help.

A few days later I found out a guy broke his hip and he was bleeding in to it, I think he was OK.

After we left Cairns we had 5 sea days to Kota Kinabalu, the seas, and the weather to Kota Kinabalu was great, we had temperature of 30C most days and we had a mix of cloudy and sunny days.

We had a St Patrick’s Day celebrations which was fun, they had Irish music in the pub (you could not move in it!!)

On 20th March 2016, we crossed the Equator, the ceremony was good :), King Neptune came along and did the normal things (Mind you they had to clean the pool latter!), this was about our 4th time over the Equator :D

Since I started writing this update we now get 2 hrs free internet on Cunard!, as we moved up a level since Hong Kong and since Hong Kong the internet has got slightly better, more so in the late evening’s.

We now only have 3 days left of this cruise :(

Will try and post again before we get off the QM2 :), but if not, will post when we get to Singapore.

Has anyone got any questions on the Queen Mary 2? :)

Same here. Have had chest xrays now on 4th course antibiotics started on the cruise when cough started.

Also on asthma meds codeine linctus and blood tests ordered

path couldn't get the blood out of me last two days so drinking in excess trying to counteract the issue.

At this moment am thinking I am over cruising but DH is back looking.

Hope you get over it soon Dennisamor.