Allure of the Seas Live March 13-27 -- High Tides and Great Vibes

Looking forward to Playa Mia. Been to Nachi several times, but never Playa Mia, so I'll be interested in your comparison between the two.

I suspect it will be busier at Playa. We prepaid and are not doing it as a ship excursion.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by A&L_Ont

I even thought I saw one about paying a fee to take a turn at the Captain's wheel.

Oh, so you riffraff on Royal aren't allowed to steer the ship? We elite on Windstar can steer whenever we want to. :p

12791033_10207724889911949_2214736289397263454_n.jpg?oh=c9048464f0386356cd42ce555f55cd29&oe=574A84A6

Maureencruiser, since you like them thick and juicy, the beefcake is for you.

c985d5f5e8698b1d38f354e1fb06aab6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the beefcake, you know I like it. I wasn't planning a Royal cruise any time soon and now, I want to go back on Allure this fall. Thanks for the review, and the scoping. Special thanks to the poster who provided the link to it for PCs for the dinosaurs like me and Bob. :rolleyes:

I actually did my first scope tonight, as a test run. I have never done it before, so to get the understanding, of how it works.

I caught your scope Kat - though not live. Great job for your first try. I am looking forward to following along with you in May - as I will be suffering cruise withdrawal when Andrew debarks ship this weekend.

I caught your scope Kat - though not live. Great job for your first try. I am looking forward to following along with you in May - as I will be suffering cruise withdrawal when Andrew debarks ship this weekend.

Hi WeBCruisin,

Thank You so much. [emoji4] Was a little nervous if you could not tell, lol! I have never done live streaming video before.

I have enjoyed watching Andrew's scopes from Allure the seas, as it is helping out greatly with knowing what to expect, when I go on the Allure on May 15th.

I want to be able to share with others, as Andrew has Done for Us. I think it does help with Cruising withdraw!!! You get to see and hear the Fun live, Vs just looking at Pictures!!! [emoji41]

Having a great time at Playa Mia. Just grabbing some lunch before it is back to the water slides. I have photos of the beach areas, slides and buffet. Lots to see and do here.

It is hot with a nice breeze. The sun could be out a bit more. It is a little cloudy.

Having a great time at Playa Mia. Just grabbing some lunch before it is back to the water slides. I have photos of the beach areas, slides and buffet. Lots to see and do here.

It is hot with a nice breeze. The sun could be out a bit more. It is a little cloudy.

I can see already why kids would prefer Playa Mia to Nachi!

Hi Andrew, I don't want to hijack your thread or start a big discussion, but I did notice that you had a cable hooked up to the TV in your room to watch movies. So my question to you is, what did you use to hook up to the TV as I am sure we will want to do that also.

Have a great day at Playa Mia! Thanks for all of your scopes and the review!

Hi Andrew, I don't want to hijack your thread or start a big discussion, but I did notice that you had a cable hooked up to the TV in your room to watch movies. So my question to you is, what did you use to hook up to the TV as I am sure we will want to do that also.

Have a great day at Playa Mia! Thanks for all of your scopes and the review!

I will tell you tonight when we get back to the ship. It isn't too hard to do.

We're having an amazing time at Playa Mia.

Hi WeBCruisin,

Thank You so much. [emoji4] Was a little nervous if you could not tell, lol! I have never done live streaming video before.

I have enjoyed watching Andrew's scopes from Allure the seas, as it is helping out greatly with knowing what to expect, when I go on the Allure on May 15th.

I want to be able to share with others, as Andrew has Done for Us. I think it does help with Cruising withdraw!!! You get to see and hear the Fun live, Vs just looking at Pictures!!! [emoji41]

You nailed it 100%. I figured it was my time to say thanks to those who have helped me to escape while at work. I still think it is good to post pictures and text as well but periscope takes it to the next level.

Edited by A&L_Ont

I'm looking forward to my first cruise on Allure. Thanks for taking us along virtually!

You're welcome. I'm glad you joined us.

Andrew, can't thank you enough for posting here and doing the periscopes. We booked the Allure for later this year but I was very hesitant due to it's size. Thanks to you we are now very much looking forward to the cruise. Enjoy the rest of your time.

You nailed it 100%. I figured it was my time to say thanks to those who have helped me to escape while at work. I still think it is good to post pictures and text as well but periscope takes it to the next level.

You are very much Correct. Thank You so much for the Great Scoping, as well as the reviews of each of the ports, and all the pictures. It helps cover everything.

Thank you again, for taking the time to share your experience with us. [emoji41]

I will definitely be following you, for future cruises, and other adventures, of you and your family.

Oh, so you riffraff on Royal aren't allowed to steer the ship? We elite on Windstar can steer whenever we want to. :p

12791033_10207724889911949_2214736289397263454_n.jpg?oh=c9048464f0386356cd42ce555f55cd29&oe=574A84A6

Thanks for the beefcake, you know I like it. I wasn't planning a Royal cruise any time soon and now, I want to go back on Allure this fall. Thanks for the review, and the scoping. Special thanks to the poster who provided the link to it for PCs for the dinosaurs like me and Bob. :rolleyes:

Maureen, I am glad to see you here, and that you could see the scopes. Yorkvillian and I are sailing on Harmony September 2017, join us. I can only imagine what that review would be like with all 3 of us involved.

On RC this is what the riff raff can do.

Bridge.jpg

Maureen what a great picture of you sailing the ship, but you failed to show us is where you sailed her to. Sorry, can't help myself. [emoji12]

1efa9d8fe8749d8d947bb68f272228ec.jpg

Edited by A&L_Ont

I'm on the May 15th sailing too can't wait to see your live review! Andrew, I have so enjoyed your review too! Reading it daily and living it though you! You have given me so much information. Thanks for doing this!

TERRY::)

Today we were in Cozumel and went to

1227e94fc3bcc840d9c73c0662844f79.jpg

We grabbed a taxi and it was $17 to get to Playa Mia. We paid in advance on line, but you can pay there as well. The ship does run excursions there but we decided to go on our own and not pay to ride with the masses.

75efde5dc70ef1fecc0f814e90b77e5f.jpg

As soon as Owen saw the place he commented that it was awesome. One of their pools.

5efe7f875c3c51f78583e9720b36251f.jpg

Kids splash pool.

2ed6db3716d02d5215d3312130524d4f.jpg

Another pool, this one closer to the beach.

8f27983def68bfa6f859d9fa3654d49e.jpg

Our chairs by the beach.

fd5333eaf4829d867f8d35ea201df078.jpg

View of the beach from their pier.

8d2de4208f11f6790d0cea9b32a8b67e.jpg

Water slides too. I enjoyed them, as did Owen.

f19f039ac01d60c449d0eb8e13aadb6a.jpg

Close up larger pool.

a92fad29bb8bbbf899c4ea9937a43ffc.jpg

The only pool which wasn't heated was the kids splash pool.

66169b3fe1b34a3ce656ad5f4a79fae7.jpg

Usually monkeys throw their poop at people, this one is providing a shower. Good monkey.

5c276804c96cde4acafe0eba118a7ac2.jpg

They even had hungry fish. They had to be to eat this guys feet. I didn't do it myself but this gent let me snap a picture.

2111eb4115e7c568d1146265ac9e231f.jpg

They also had hair braiding, massages, jet skiing, paddle boards, kayaks, snorkelling etc. I even saw workers testing pH levels in the pools. There was also no shortage of food, as well of plenty of seats and tables to use all day long.

Playa Mia did not disappoint us. It is kid friendly and happy kids mean happy moms and dads. However, when we return to Cozumel without Owen we will return to Nachi Cocum where it is a slow paced lifestyle.

Edited by A&L_Ont