Allure of the Seas Live March 13-27 -- High Tides and Great Vibes

The last day, also know as "don't let the door hit your a$$ on the way out".

A few random pics from today. Owen saying by to Jesus and Keith. I will share later how good they were in the post cruise shake down. Let's just say this is the first time we have photos of our stewards.

864a19fbf434f15516fc447151b6a1c5.jpg

The scene of the crime. A quick and dirty affair.

471462ae8cd3faf0f2a1d64ae406265e.jpg

Since no one offered to sponsor the animal towel family we left them behind.

2324c4d67863057b8dd153a855974a07.jpg

It's time to go.

28c47b445ca80ef75ac2ac85da4644fc.jpg

Bye room.

e83ba76153b2abd39eea50d517cb768e.jpg

Out the door at 8am.

7c2efb21f82c8250858644ea4d989a3f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by A&L_Ont

I did!! Awesome! They banned it a while back, then after the entire week of not doing it thinking I still could not, someone tried it and discovered I could have all week. Oh well, I only do it when renting the wave since it takes extra time since they have to hand the board etc. And yes, Flow family is for life! We still meet up and keep in touch with a good bit of people. But when you spend HOURS in line you get to know people pretty well.

Enjoying following along with you on your travels Andrew.

As for the board to board transfers, I asked about doing it on the Freedom last week and was told a firm 100% NO. Not if I rented it privately, not even in the BOB competition. Seems like consistency from one ship to another is still never going to happen for the rules. On the Freedom you have to hold this heavy piece of plastic with the flowrider rules on it and pass it to the next person before they ride. They do not permit you on if you put it down when it is your turn to hold it. Only ship I have ever seen this on. A couple people dropped it and the sharp heavy edge made a real mess of their foot when it landed on their bare feet.

Andrew - a good bit of info to pass on to you...Adventure Bay now permits stand up surfing in Windsor ALL the time (a few rules and tests you have to abide by, but no longer just limited to a couple hours a few days per week).

Enjoy the final day of your vacation Andrew. Back to reality tomorrow. Forecasting up to 50 mm of rain here tonight so it may be a bit soggy when you return tomorrow.

The last day, also know as "don't let the door hit your a$$ on the way out".

A few random pics from today. Owen saying by to Jesus and Keith. I will share later how good they were in the post cruise shake down. Let's just say this is the first time we have photos of our stewards.

864a19fbf434f15516fc447151b6a1c5.jpg

We had Jesus and Keith last March on the Allure and they were most definitely fabulous.

We also really appreciated Cherry on the Oasis.

I was wondering Andrew if your departure sadness isn't more pronounced when departing

after 14 days, as opposed to just 7 ??

Most certainly not trying to rub it in as Valerie and I have enjoyed your B2B most immensely.

Travel safe today!

Steve

It's not the walk of shame, nor the March of the Penguins but I bet all the people in this line are sad.

29ee6d744720abccf2f377ba56b8866f.jpg

Anybody need a steamer, iron or extension cord? These folks are doing the walk of shame.

9a67a35bf76286e5681048a21672f9d0.jpg

A picture truly can say a thousand words.

6afd812cd0291b85cf32fb3f5612c190.jpg

Arrived at the airport and when did they modernize the check ins? Looks great.

267d169de7f164c2044f88028bdd4a5e.jpg

We were off the ship and through security in just under 30 minutes. Many thanks can be credited to luggage valet, Nexus (Global Entry for our US friends) and a taxi driver who didn't risk our lives. A good start to a sad day.

Looks like we're on time. It always makes you think could we have caught an earlier flight? Especially when you hear then call an earlier flight to where you want to go.

797b92b3cbc3597f6cf310a1144a2e55.jpg

Bitter sweet. I hate the plane but it will bring us back to the ship.

d1c8f878f4e2b6ddece7c61c0b94cbbb.jpg

After a momentary case of total confusion I remembered that there is more than one of that place.

I did the exact same thing! I said this fool thinks he has to go all the way to London, he lives in Canada! :o And, I'm from New England, you would think I would know better.:eek:

Also, when I saw the picture of Owen with the stewards, I burst into tears. Non-cruise people just wouldn't understand. Safe travels to you all! See you next September! :D

Thank you so much, Andrew, for bringing us all along on your cruise! Your review has been epic and your Scopes amazing! We board the Allure two weeks from today and you've inspired me to attempt a live review with some Scopes.

I look forward to seeing the Compasses when you post them. Safe travels!

Di

Another good sign. All the luggage is on the ship.... I mean airplane.

d7784f25b88b9eb3a3a536b596340bf9.jpg

So long as I don't call Lisa my steward all will be good. Also note to self, don't ask what is for dinner tonight.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading and watching your adventures on board and in ports the last two weeks.As a person new to cruising and waiting impatiently till next March to be on board Harmony,thank you for showing me how much fun it will be.Have a safe trip home.I am sure after 2 weeks it will be a bit hard to get back to reality.lol

cheers

Also note to self, don't ask what is for dinner tonight.

You are a very wise man, Andrew! THANK YOU for this outstanding review! Sadly, it was a very busy week, so I was only able to catch up here on CC every few days, but your morning scopes were the best alarm clock ever! 👍

Safe travels home, and another BIG thank you for picking up the " drink floaties" for me. Pool opening season is right around the corner!

Send me an e-mail after you've settled back in chotten98@att.net....see you back on the roll call!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hello to everyone on this thread!!!!!

First, let me say, A&L I TRULY enjoyed going on your cruise with you even if it was through your post and I enjoyed reading everyone comments and looking at the pictures!!!:) I am in a group of 10 people who are going on the Allure.(that's the great part!) The sad part is due to work situations and graduations it won't be till August of next year!!

With that being said, looking at the different threads about the Allure is keeping me motivated!!! :D

Not to hijack, or needlessly bring this up again, but since this is the only thread which I've been part of where Periscope was mentioned.... am I the only one getting solicitations from scantily clad women through the app?? :confused:

Ended up uninstalling the app, as I had to (daily) BLOCK users who were trying to follow me. I won't need the app anymore anyway, but can reinstall it if/when the need arises!

Tom

Not to hijack, or needlessly bring this up again, but since this is the only thread which I've been part of where Periscope was mentioned.... am I the only one getting solicitations from scantily clad women through the app?? :confused:

Ended up uninstalling the app, as I had to (daily) BLOCK users who were trying to follow me. I won't need the app anymore anyway, but can reinstall it if/when the need arises!

Tom

Not just you... I have gotten a few of those as well.

Brad

Tom

I get them too, however I haven't had solicitations. I have seen users with questionable images and I have blocked them. Through all the periscopes I only blocked a few individuals for their poor comments.

I think your approach is the right one. Reinstall the app when needed.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Enjoying following along with you on your travels Andrew.

As for the board to board transfers, I asked about doing it on the Freedom last week and was told a firm 100% NO. Not if I rented it privately, not even in the BOB competition. Seems like consistency from one ship to another is still never going to happen for the rules. On the Freedom you have to hold this heavy piece of plastic with the flowrider rules on it and pass it to the next person before they ride. They do not permit you on if you put it down when it is your turn to hold it. Only ship I have ever seen this on. A couple people dropped it and the sharp heavy edge made a real mess of their foot when it landed on their bare feet.

Andrew - a good bit of info to pass on to you...Adventure Bay now permits stand up surfing in Windsor ALL the time (a few rules and tests you have to abide by, but no longer just limited to a couple hours a few days per week).

Enjoy the final day of your vacation Andrew. Back to reality tomorrow. Forecasting up to 50 mm of rain here tonight so it may be a bit soggy when you return tomorrow.

We didn't have the sheet, but we did have a safety demonstration every 2 hours during open riding. There was a sheet at the sign up desk that you had to review as they gave you your wrist band.

They didn't allow me to do the board to board transfer the first week, but they did for week two.

As for Adventure Bay, that is good news. Hope you had a good week cruising as well.

Edited by A&L_Ont

So we arrived at home just as planned at 5 PM. The flight was a little turbulent along the way but things went off without a hitch. Lucy the cat even made a guest appearance upon our arrival.

First she stated her disapproval. See Maureen, you can turn your cat into a ferocious beast.

6ef0f22a5543b64dcc5a71d63cb7c0cf.jpg

And then she was back to her normal self.

f355b2414341e0b51890e24a73e72b51.jpg

Edited by A&L_Ont