Boarding Independence 3/20/16

OR, they are a week early....hence...cannot get on the ship.:eek:

OP's previous posts indicate they are leaving today. I also read Indy is coming off quite a "busy" Spring Break cruise, so maybe they are, um... deep cleaning. :p

I'm sure OP is on board now, though.

I meant today 3/12. I put in an edit and it did not go through. It took until almost one to have them open doors. Not much you can do. I just hate lugging around the wife's carry-on.

Take a deep breath (or a couple of cocktails) and have a GREAT cruise.:):):)

I meant today 3/12. I put in an edit and it did not go through. It took until almost one to have them open doors. Not much you can do. I just hate lugging around the wife's carry-on.

Tell your wife to lug around her own carry-on ;)

There was a passenger not accounted for which delayed our boarding on the 12th until about 1pm. We were there since 10:30am so it was long but I was expecting that. Getting there early assured we were seated and thru customs and comfortable until onboard. But some of the staff were a little rude as they used a PA system that could be heard throughout. If they were talking only to Diamond level upstairs we heard it as if they were talking to us. Very confusing and one lady was very rude telling people to sit down,didn't tell you you can get up. She wasn't talking to me or mine, but I felt like smacking her for being rude to others instead of nicely explaining what was happening.

He SEEMS to mean the cabin doors.

Apparently he is unaware that the cabins are "never" open before 1 PM.

Except weird sailings like the Anthem 3 day CTN that was after the shortened noro/weather sailing where the ship stayed at dock for 2 days so cabins were ready upon embarkation.