How long to get off/on ship?

styme123

I was looking into different port excursions and was wondering how long does it take you to get off the ship? I've heard it's very crowded on port days. So if the itinerary says in port 11:00am-10:00pm what are my real amount of hours I'll be in port? If they say 10:00pm is that when they pull away from the pier? How long before do you need to be on the boat? How often do ships run late getting into port? Trying to figure out how long I really have to get the most out of my time in ports in Alaska and when times I can safely book excursions.

For Alaska it is relatively quick.

You should be off the ship around 30 minutes after it notes on the itinerary and you always have to be back on board 30 minutes before. If out on a private excursion have pad time for getting back to the ship to allow for things that might go wrong.

Keith

If you have any tender ports it may take longer. Usually the people who are on ship tours and people high in the line's loyalty program get priority on tenders. It may take an hour or more before you can get on the tender and then you need to get to shore.

If you are booking a tour with a reputable company (check them out on TripAdvisor) they know the average time it takes before they can pick you up and what time to get you back.