Miami port to airport catching flight

clcmdse

First time to Miami port. Need help from CC gurus on catching flight from pier. Would 11:50 am flight work? We would make advanced reservations with a car service and we are TSA pre check. Can we do it?

Catherine

IMHO take a later flight.Must be plenty of flights leaving for California.Have to be at least two hours just to check in even if you have pre check.Relax have lunch plenty of places to eat.

Catherine, I am assuming you are arriving to the port of Miami.

If yes, then you can do this. I always recommend a flight of Noon or later but 11:50 AM is close enough and with Pre TSA Approve that will speed things up for you.

Keith

Catherine, I am assuming you are arriving to the port of Miami.

If yes, then you can do this. I always recommend a flight of Noon or later but 11:50 AM is close enough and with Pre TSA Approve that will speed things up for you.

Keith

Should be able to do it if you have a car service waiting when you get off the ship. Would not want to rely on a taxi if there are a lot of other ships in port also. Airport very close. Would help if it was a weekend.

I contacted TA who contacted Oceania and they said not to book till 12:30 at earliest. That means we don't fly out till that night. Now we just need to find way to store luggage and see some sights.

Thanks everyone for the excellent advice. That is why I am an unabashed fan of CC. Since United flights are only up to 11:50 a.m. to LA and then again at 6:00 pm, we will do as suggested and take the later flight so as not to worry. My days of running through airports are long over! (Indeed, I never did it much to begin with)

Thanks again everyone

Catherine

Just off Riviera yesterday. We had an 11:30 flight out of Miami. We were the first group off the ship at 8:30 and we were at our gate by 9:55. No lines for Customs when you're the first group off. LOTS of taxis and absolutely no waiting in line for one. We flew Delta and there was only two people ahead of us for check in. We are TSA pre-check and there were only 4 people in that line.

we have only had a problem once disembarking at POM the CDC held up the works

We have been at the airport by 9-9:30am on all other times

if you have time to kill this might work for some

http://eng.bigbustours.com/miami/ship-to-shore.html

Lyn

Thank you for this excellent suggestion. Looks like a good way to spend our time before the 6:00 flight if we choose not to take the 11:50 a.m. flight.

Catherine