2018 World Voyages

LadyL1

I have just seen the itineraries on a major UK travel agent's website. The QV S. American adventure looks interesting, but much shorter in that it returns to Southampton earlier than usual at 75 days.

Ah, Salacia! You've saved me endless searching and Googling once again! Thanks.

PS....itineraries mostly same old, same old. The most interesting is QV's round South America cruise. I would book that cruise. Unfortunately, the lack of a New York departure/return is a deal breaker for me.

Hope all's well with you :)

I'm surprised they have released them so early - that's not usual is it ?

It's not usual - at least for the last few years. They were coming out June/July for at least a few years. Then it switched to mid to late August with booking starting somewhere in the first week of September.

Perhaps the change came because Cunard was usually among the last to announce World Voyages - maybe people were booking others???

Doesn't it begin and end in New York?

You can start/end in NYC or in Southampton. If you are joining in Southampton (where most likely will) you miss the Americas. At least that's how I interpreted underwatr's comment.

You can start/end in NYC or in Southampton. If you are joining in Southampton (where most likely will) you miss the Americas. At least that's how I interpreted underwatr's comment.

I guess the term "world cruise" is fluid (pardon the pun:). For example, on a press release*, Cunard calls the 134-night round trip from New York the "World Cruise", while the 120-night round trip from Southampton is termed the "East-West voyage"...but also mentions special offers on "Full World Voyages (89 nights or longer)".

*(http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cunard-debuts-largest-programme-launch-ever-featuring-2017-voyages-and-2018-world--exotic-voyages-programme-300235200.html)

I guess the term "world cruise" is fluid (pardon the pun:). For example, on a press release*, Cunard calls the 134-night round trip from New York the "World Cruise", while the 120-night round trip from Southampton is termed the "East-West voyage"...but also mentions special offers on "Full World Voyages (89 nights or longer)".

When I was researching world cruises, I found this was common practice with most of the cruise lines. Many of the "world cruises" started and ended in different places. Those lines were scratched off my list as I wanted to do a true circumnavigation.

A world cruise is a full circumnavigation.

I started in New York on QE2 in 2007 and ended there 108 days later.

We visited many more ports in 108 days, had more overnights, fewer long stretches of sea days than the Cunard extended "world" cruises do today.

Queen Victoria's round South America in 2018 is very appealing, however.