Just off the Regal Princess 3/6 - 3/13 cruise

pcsunlover

We (5 adults) had a fantastic cruise on the Regal Princess. Embarkation was smooth. We arrived at the ship around 11:45 and were onboard 15 minutes later at noon. For the first time ever, we were told that our rooms would not be available until 1pm. It wasn't a big deal, we just took our carryons up to the Horizon Court for lunch. We had minisuites at the bumped out area on the port side, so we didn't have any peeping Toms from the skywalk to contend with.:) Room looked good and the bed was the best we've had on a Princess cruise. Food was good everywhere we ate (diningroom, Horizon Court, Crown Grill, Alfredos, and the pool grill/pizza area), and we thought the service throughout the ship was excellent. It was a huge improvement over the Thanksgiving cruise we took on the Emerald.

We stayed on the ship at Princess Cay as we've been there many times. In St. Thomas, we took the Champagne Catamaran excursion to St. John. We had fun on the catamaran, but only saw a few fish. Personally I felt that the excursion was too expensive for what we recieved so I doubt if we'll do it again. We had the Orient Beach break w/lunch scheduled in St. Maarten, but all excursions to the French side of the island were cancelled because workers there were striking. We heard it was because of tax increases. We ended up taking the water taxi over to a beach on the Dutch side and although it wasn't as pretty as Orient bay, had a nice day anyways. The cost of the cancelled excursion was removed from our account immediately.

Sea days we spent on the top deck by the pool where we easily found seats every morning. We love MUTS and were a little disappointed that they didn't show more movies in the morning. The nightime MUTS movies during the week were: Spectre, Joy, Bridge of Spies, Brooklyn, The Martian, and The Hunger Games Mockingjay part 2. The daytime MUTS movies were: Star Trek Into the Darkness, Now You See Me, and The Italian Job. For some reason Now You See Me was the afternoon movie on two different days. :( The MUTS concerts shown throughout the week were Muse, Pink, Stevie Wonder, Paul McCartney, The Killers, Take That Live at Wembley Stadium, Billy Joel, Elton John, Maroon 5, and Genesis. They also showed a few of these movies in the Vista Lounge one or two days and I think one or two of the evenings. The cabin tv's also had these movies and many more available on demand. I also thought it was a nice feature to be able to see some of the gameshows that took place at Princess Live venue on the tv the next day.

I've been pretty vocal about what I felt was disappointing nighttime entertainment on some of our past cruises, but have no complaints on this cruise. The cruise director, Martyn Moss, was very personable and humorous. The stage shows that we saw (Sweet Soul Music, Bravo,and Fiera) were professional and I thought the performers were the best we've seen so far on Princess. The magician was good and very humorous. I have no idea how he managed to do some of his tricks. For me, the comedian was just ok. Most of his act was him interacting with various audiences members. I prefer comedians with a set stand up routine and less depending on the audience for their jokes. But he was still entertaining. The Voice of the Ocean was also fun - on the last night the stage was set up just like the real tv show with guest judges. The 7 finalists got to perform in the Princess Theater in front of 900 people and the audience was given voting devices to choose the winner. :)

Disembarkation was very fast and painless. Our meet time was 8:05 and we made it to the airport (via cab) by 9:30. We then arrived back to reality at home of 40 degree weather and heavy rain, and I immediately began planning our next cruise!:D

If you have any questions I'll try to answer them as best I can.

Thanks for the memories :). We enjoyed the entertainment on the Regal also.

Being opera lovers, it was wonderful to have a soprano perform in Bravo.

Fiera is loaded with great music also. Glad you had a great cruise.:D

We were on this cruise as well and thought it was fantastic! Our room (aft facing balcony B738) was ready when we boarded and we loved the cabin. Everything about the cruise was wonderful - and we will be sailing the Regal again next March as well.

Martyn was hysterical and we loved Simone as well. We were travelling with friends and we all enjoyed the entertainment - great selection!

We're your mini suite rooms under the sea view bar?

Yes they were. We had B410 and B414. Great location and private. When I looked up, I couldn't see the bar so I'm assuming anyone looking couldn't see me. If my husband and I cruise on Regal again, I would choose B414 again. The balcony was a good size. B410 has an angled balcony so you can slightly see into the balconies next door when standing at the railing.

We were on this cruise as well and thought it was fantastic! Our room (aft facing balcony B738) was ready when we boarded and we loved the cabin. Everything about the cruise was wonderful - and we will be sailing the Regal again next March as well.

Martyn was hysterical and we loved Simone as well. We were travelling with friends and we all enjoyed the entertainment - great selection!

We loved Simone too. Did you see the Marriage game show? So funny!

We were on the same cruise and LOVED it too. It was our third time on the Regal and it was fabulous in every way. We thought the comedian was very funny. Watching MUTS in the evening was difficult this week since the winds were very strong making it uncomfortable. Great selection of movies also available on the stateroom TV.

We loved Simone too. Did you see the Marriage game show? So funny!

We did - it was so funny! Loved it. We went to many of the game shows and they were truly entertaining and so fun. Great to see so much audience participation! Everyone in our group truly loved the Regal! She is a gorgeous ship and the crew was first rate. Every one of them was so friendly - it was such a great cruise. Can't wait to go back!!

We (5 adults) had a fantastic cruise on the Regal Princess. Embarkation was smooth. We arrived at the ship around 11:45 and were onboard 15 minutes later at noon. For the first time ever, we were told that our rooms would not be available until 1pm. It wasn't a big deal, we just took our carryons up to the Horizon Court for lunch. We had minisuites at the bumped out area on the port side, so we didn't have any peeping Toms from the skywalk to contend with.:) Room looked good and the bed was the best we've had on a Princess cruise. Food was good everywhere we ate (diningroom, Horizon Court, Crown Grill, Alfredos, and the pool grill/pizza area), and we thought the service throughout the ship was excellent. It was a huge improvement over the Thanksgiving cruise we took on the Emerald.

We stayed on the ship at Princess Cay as we've been there many times. In St. Thomas, we took the Champagne Catamaran excursion to St. John. We had fun on the catamaran, but only saw a few fish. Personally I felt that the excursion was too expensive for what we recieved so I doubt if we'll do it again. We had the Orient Beach break w/lunch scheduled in St. Maarten, but all excursions to the French side of the island were cancelled because workers there were striking. We heard it was because of tax increases. We ended up taking the water taxi over to a beach on the Dutch side and although it wasn't as pretty as Orient bay, had a nice day anyways. The cost of the cancelled excursion was removed from our account immediately.

Sea days we spent on the top deck by the pool where we easily found seats every morning. We love MUTS and were a little disappointed that they didn't show more movies in the morning. The nightime MUTS movies during the week were: Spectre, Joy, Bridge of Spies, Brooklyn, The Martian, and The Hunger Games Mockingjay part 2. The daytime MUTS movies were: Star Trek Into the Darkness, Now You See Me, and The Italian Job. For some reason Now You See Me was the afternoon movie on two different days. :( The MUTS concerts shown throughout the week were Muse, Pink, Stevie Wonder, Paul McCartney, The Killers, Take That Live at Wembley Stadium, Billy Joel, Elton John, Maroon 5, and Genesis. They also showed a few of these movies in the Vista Lounge one or two days and I think one or two of the evenings. The cabin tv's also had these movies and many more available on demand. I also thought it was a nice feature to be able to see some of the gameshows that took place at Princess Live venue on the tv the next day.

I've been pretty vocal about what I felt was disappointing nighttime entertainment on some of our past cruises, but have no complaints on this cruise. The cruise director, Martyn Moss, was very personable and humorous. The stage shows that we saw (Sweet Soul Music, Bravo,and Fiera) were professional and I thought the performers were the best we've seen so far on Princess. The magician was good and very humorous. I have no idea how he managed to do some of his tricks. For me, the comedian was just ok. Most of his act was him interacting with various audiences members. I prefer comedians with a set stand up routine and less depending on the audience for their jokes. But he was still entertaining. The Voice of the Ocean was also fun - on the last night the stage was set up just like the real tv show with guest judges. The 7 finalists got to perform in the Princess Theater in front of 900 people and the audience was given voting devices to choose the winner. :)

Disembarkation was very fast and painless. Our meet time was 8:05 and we made it to the airport (via cab) by 9:30. We then arrived back to reality at home of 40 degree weather and heavy rain, and I immediately began planning our next cruise!:D

If you have any questions I'll try to answer them as best I can.

Thanks for the review, we were on the week before and were entertained by Christina Bianco was she on your week? she was the best we have ever seen on a ship.