Does Princess refare?

Hi, I have a friend that I booked a single cabin on DP 1/6 for 2 nights. Got a bargain of $150. Then she decided she didn't want to travel alone and so added her mother, cost became $394pp!! Now they have single cabins avaialbe for $207pp. Has anybody had experience in modifying bookings or separating them to single cabins?

They definitely refare, I knew our booking numbers off by heart there for awhile because I was calling so often! From the initial booking to final payment I saved thousands.

I also changed cabin type but that was from interior to balcony, not sure if they will switch you to a lower value cabin without penalty.

It very much depends on what the promotion is and/or how you booked.

Some promotional prices are only for new bookings but sometimes you can cancel without penalty and rebook.

If you booked using a Future Cruise Credit they will refare up until final payment date.

If it's after final payment date you usually can't refare.

Did your friend book through Princess directly? If so, it wouldn't hurt to phone them. If she booked through a travel agent any changes will have to go through that travel agent.

All you can do is ask,I say it again and again.

I've had some great results by asking.

Next cruise so far I've saved about $300 and picked up $125 OBC, even though I thought tha the answer each time would be no.

Yes, some fare drops on at the moment with Princess 'Escape Completely Promos.'

I have done ok in the past with re fares, I always book direct with Princess. So continue to monitor your booking folks.

But checking my fare on Island Princess, no price drop in my BE category as just about sold out. Such is life.

Edited by NSWP