New york. Pier parking

cruiser12

Under East Coast departure - here, a virtual pictorial guide to Pier 88/90 @ MCT - if that's where you are heading

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2057865

There is also the Brooklyn terminal, depending on cruise lines/ship; and, of course, there is the Cape Liberty 411 for those sailing out of New Jersey, mostly RCI ships, just a few miles west of N.Y.C.

Feel free to post your questions there as there's plenty of localized expertise. Happy Cruising !

Edited by mking8288

We parked at Port Imperial, NJ, and took the ferry from there. We walked from mid-town ferry dock to check-in at the dock (about 6 blocks?). Easy to do if you are able-bodied and have rolling suitcases. Saved about $100, factoring in cheaper parking, ferry cost, no paying for tolls.

This is not an endorsement or recommendation..... I just got off the Breakaway March 13th and MANY people were very happy \ impressed with "Valet Anywhere"... that may be an option as well

And "MANY PEOPLE" urge caution about "Valet Anywhere", threads about this on the East Coast Departure Forum along with info on other garages in the area as well as advice on parking in NJ and taking the Ferry and people comments about parking at the Manhattan Pier.

How's that for not endorsing anything, do you own research.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415

And "MANY PEOPLE" urge caution about "Valet Anywhere", threads about this on the East Coast Departure Forum along with info on other garages in the area as well as advice on parking in NJ and taking the Ferry and people comments about parking at the Manhattan Pier.

How's that for not endorsing anything, do you own research.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415

Well to be fair, the people writing on the March 13 review actually used the service, whereas not one complaint on the East Coast Departure board has been from somebody who actually used Valet Anywhere.

Well to be fair, the people writing on the March 13 review actually used the service, whereas not one complaint on the East Coast Departure board has been from somebody who actually used Valet Anywhere.

When someone on my Feb. cruise on the Gem told me at the Meet and Greet that Valet Anywhere did not tell her where her car would be parked, it sealed the deal for me...I would never consider using the service.

Who hands their car over to an unknown person who will take it to an unknown location and just trust them that the car would be delivered after the cruise is over?

What if they go out of business while you're on your cruise? You call them and get no answer. Where are you going to find your car? A parking company did go out of business recently. Fortunately it was not a valet service. Their customers had driven to their lot to park their cars so they knew where their cars were located. Someone broke into the office where the car keys were stored in order to get them back.