Ironing boards

Details

It depends on the ship.

The Prinsendam, the two S-class ships, and the four R-class ships, all have a laundry room with an iron and board in them.

The four Vista, and the two Signature ships, do not have laundry facilities, including no place to iron.

You are not allowed to use a travel iron in any cabin on any of the ships. All of the ships have pressing available for a price. You can either pay per piece, or purchase a pressing package (this is different from the laundry package, which is wash, dry, and press).

If you aren't on a ship with a laundry room, and don't want to send pressing out, you can hang things in a steamy bathroom after a shower, use Downy Wrinkle Release, and/or pack in plastic dry cleaners bags.

If you use a ship-provided iron be very careful of it leaving spots.... I now use a clean handkerchief between the iron and my garment. m--

I also use a handkerchief, one cruise I asked if the iron in one of the laundrettes could be cleaned, which it was.

You might just make a back up plan (steam it from your shower or send it out) if the ship has a laundry room but is on code red (or heading that way). Last March the laundry room was locked due to some ill crew or pax- but we were not otherwise on a code red. (We still had self service in the lido, etc.)

I bring a small travel size spray bottle of wrinkle release now.

Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Veendam, Zaandam, Prinsendam, Maasdam, and Volendam have self-serve laundries with ironing boards. The others do not.

We are booked on Nieuw Amsterdam 4/3 so I guess from your post, there is no "self-serve" laundry. We have only cruised on Princess in the past, so I guess this is a convenience I will have to do without! I will try the other suggestions if no iron is available. Thanks for the responses.