Room Not Ready

helensobol

I'm always a late arrival on the ship but this year we are getting on early.

If your carry on stuff includes soda and wine, do they let you leave it in your room even if isn't ready? Do you have carry it around until your room is ready?

Needs tips/info

Nope - only if you have FTTF or one of the other boarding perks (suite, Diamond, Platinum - I believe)

Also, some ports have staggered check-in now - you are not allowed into the terminal until your selected check-in time

Edited by lizardhowson

Nope - only if you have FTTF or one of the other boarding perks (suite, Diamond, Platinum - I believe)

Also, some ports have staggered check-in now - you are not allowed into the terminal until your selected check-in time

I agree with this. Remember too even if you tried to just drop off your stuff in your cabin, the cabin steward props doors open as they are cleaning and preparing the cabins, and your items might not be secure.

Our last 2 Cruises we did not have FTTF, But we did go ahead to cabin with our carry on's soda and small items. We found Stewart in hallway and asked..Both time they took items into cabin and no problems.

of course they are going to tell you this. they are looking for your tips

its still not allowed and they wont be responsible if your stuff is missing

I agree with this. Remember too even if you tried to just drop off your stuff in your cabin, the cabin steward props doors open as they are cleaning and preparing the cabins, and your items might not be secure.

They do this during the cruise too so your items aren't secure.

Follow on question though- if you do have FTTF does that mean you only have access to your cabin when you board or will it actually be ready? I know that if it is ready DW will want to unpack immediately.

Follow on question though- if you do have FTTF does that mean you only have access to your cabin when you board or will it actually be ready? I know that if it is ready DW will want to unpack immediately.

it will be ready. they will finish so the door can be closed and your stuff is secure

not exactly

when they work on your room during the cruise, they work on one room at a time and they are staying with that room

during embarkation they are leaving ALL the rooms open and working on different rooms. your room might be open and they are working on another room in a different hallway during embarkation.

not exactly

when they work on your room during the cruise, they work on one room at a time and they are staying with that room

during embarkation they are leaving ALL the rooms open and working on different rooms. your room might be open and they are working on another room in a different hallway during embarkation.

If you say so, but every cruise I've been on I've seen multiple adjacent doors propped open over the course of the cruise.

it will be ready. they will finish so the door can be closed and your stuff is secure

I've been platinum for a while, so I've been able to have my cabin ready and I can drop off my stuff and unpack.

While walking both to and from my cabin, I have seen numerous pieces of luggage left in other cabins as those doors are propped open.

Please don't burden the stewards with requests to take your luggage if you aren't supposed to have access to your cabin yet. Some will do it, but that puts them behind schedule. There is a reason for keeping people and luggage out of the cabin hallways - it is to keep the stewards to their task of prepping the cabins for all the new cruisers. If you don't have special privileges, keep your luggage with you until it is time to enter the cabins.

Edited by evandbob

I've been platinum for a while, so I've been able to have my cabin ready and I can drop off my stuff and unpack.

While walking both to and from my cabin, I have seen numerous pieces of luggage left in other cabins as those doors are propped open.

Please don't burden the stewards with requests to take your luggage if you aren't supposed to have access to your cabin yet. Some will do it, but that puts them behind schedule. There is a reason for keeping people and luggage out of the cabin hallways - it is to keep the stewards to their task of prepping the cabins for all the new cruisers. If you don't have special privileges, keep your luggage with you until it is time to enter the cabins.

Im not sure why you quoted me. I agree with you 100%. My reply was for FTTF and that room should be ready and they are allowed

If your carry on stuff includes soda and wine, do they let you leave it in your room even if isn't ready? Do you have carry it around until your room is ready?

Needs tips/info

FTTF is the best. Buy it, go to front of all lines.

of course they are going to tell you this. they are looking for your tips

its still not allowed and they wont be responsible if your stuff is missing

some people want to break this rule, but don't want other people to break other rules!:(

Agree with this - when steward is cleaning, it is not uncommon to see more than one door open.

during embarkation all the doors are open. many different hallways

I doubt when cleaning during the cruise he opens 25 doors to work on them. There is a difference

during embarkation all the doors are open. many different hallways

I doubt when cleaning during the cruise he opens 25 doors to work on them. There is a difference

While the 4-6 doors are open the contents are still not secure. Granted they aren't open for as long as they might be during embarkation day but open is open.

Needs tips/info

Yes, spend $60.00 and you can!

Is your room prepped early in an ocean suite, or just with status and FTTF?

Only Diamond/Platinum/FTTF have their cabins ready at boarding.

Suites only have priority boarding, debark and a bigger cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If your room is not ready just head to the Lido deck, find some chairs and plop your stuff down next to your chairs. I would not recommend necessarily leaving your stuff alone, just take turns watching your stuff while each of you heads over to get food, drinks, etc. Then come on back, have a seat and enjoy your lunch and the music.

You can also go to the dining rooms around the buffet and grab a table and chairs there.

Rooms are usually available fairly quickly, so you shouldn't have to wait long.

Our last 2 Cruises we did not have FTTF, But we did go ahead to cabin with our carry on's soda and small items. We found Stewart in hallway and asked..Both time they took items into cabin and no problems.

Another example of "the rules don't apply to me" selfishness. I'm sure "Stewart":rolleyes: was thrilled to drop everything he was doing to take care of your rule-breaking request.

IMHO: If I have a bag of clothes for the evening/night, 2 bottles of wine, and a case of pop, I'll take the chance and ask to leave them in the closet (out of the Cabin Steward's way, and out of sight of people who might want to steal it). That stuff has little value.

Regarding money, jewelry, passports, etc.: Ssk the CS if you can lock that stuff in the safe.

This isn't rocket science, and we are asking to drop off a day bag in an out of the way place, not unload all the luggage.

I'm sure "Stewart" was thrilled to drop everything he was doing to take care of your rule-breaking request.

I have a written list of what I want (ice, wine glasses, empty the mini fridge, etc.), and give it to the CS with a tip. That makes him more than happy. I'm sure adding leaving bags in the closet would not ruin his day.

Edited by richmke