Room Not Ready

helensobol

1. Before FTTF, you didn't have priority access to your cabin. That perk came with the creation of FTTF.

Absolutely wrong. 26 cruises dating back to the Mardi Gras. I remember the first time we were allowed to go dump luggage.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Perhaps it just means "all" of those perks grouped together. back in the 1990's there would have been far fewer higher tier customers and on much smaller ships. So it is possible that having a room ready at boarding time was included. Heck, back in the day I was on ships where there were stewards lined up when you boarded and they took you to / showed the way to your room. I wouldn't be so fast to say someone was "taking" something they weren't allowed when it very well could have been allowed 20-25 years ago. Just saying.

I started on Carnival in 80's and was Plat in the '90's... We all "did" it, went to our cabins and dropped off stuff, but the cabins were not ready and it's basically what some do now that are not P/D and did not buy FTTF.

It was never a perk til FTTF, one of the few additions (and not subtractions) that have been added in the past few years.

Now I do remember when cabins were ready sooner, sometimes when you boarded. The Mardi Gras did not have as many cabins, the stewards were always around.. it was like they never slept. BUT you also dressed for dinner every night and Tuxes/party dresses were basically required for Formal night.

Edited by bobsfamily

Absolutely wrong. 26 cruises dating back to the Mardi Gras. I remember the first time we were allowed to go dump luggage.

Yes you were "allowed" to go dump stuff... was it written that is was a perk? The answer is NO... I did it was well...

Sorry that you don't believe Carnival's own published statement... it was NOT a PERK prior to FTTF. Your cabin was not READY, you could drop off stuff, again sort of off the record, but it was not something you could point to and if pushed you could be denied it....

Edited by bobsfamily

Nope. Platinum had priority boarding but not access to the cabins. In the very olden days, cabins may have been ready when you boarded for everyone but in this millennium, Carnival did not offer rooms ready upon boarding as a perk for platinum.

Platinum benefits included personalized stationary, a special Carnival logo item, guaranteed dining times and steakhouse reservations, a complimentary $20 entry fee into a blackjack or slots tournament, priority reservations at the Spa, complimentary wash and fold laundry service, priority boarding, embarkation and debarkation, plus $5 in arcade tokens for guests under 18.

Sorry but room ready upon embarkation was not one of the perks under the program before the VIFP Program.

Perhaps one of your best posts I have read in some time. I totally agree.

I once wanted to run for an elected public official position but potential donors had a hard time lining up behind the slogan "I'm not happy until you're not happy."

I sit on a Board instead.

C'est la vie.