empress first 6 sailings canelled

baron9

And I am going to miss meeting you. :(

And seeing you again! :) Still trying to figure out what we are going to do here. Flights are booked with a buy one get one coupon. If we don't do the 5/20 Enchantment, we may just rent a car and head to Key West. I dunno.

Yep...my TA confirmed. We were one of the lucky ones to have a second cruise cancelled. This was to be our first...we will absolutely cancel and never set sail with RCI

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Want to sell me your 100% Credit? Half price :sly:

Hold on. Hold on. Hold on.

Are you saying that they are PRICE PROTECTING you on the Enchantment?

I was just told flatly "no".

Same here. I was not offered any alternative cruise and was told specifically there would be no price protection.

Now after being cancelled for the second time within 10 days of leaving, I am officially done with RC!

If they can't manage and inspect their process any better than this, and then on top of it screw over people, now some of us twice, I bet I can find a better cruise line than this! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

See ya RC, I hope it was worth losing a twice or more a year cruiser!!!

Want to sell me your 100% credit for half price? :D

After receiving the email from Royal I called C&A to change the cruise. I had absolutely NO trouble booking the Enchantment 5/9 cruise with price guarantee in the same category and was able to keep the the OBC I had and they added $100. This cruise is the 4 night that includes to Key West.

I had booked the Royal suite in the May 28th sailing. After they cancelled the first sailings, I was a little concerned about being in one of the first sailings out of dry dock refurb, so I cancelled it at final payment. I am so glad I did. I truly feel sorry for all those affected and the fact they were selling these cabins last week.

Yes. They kept my price the same and switched me over to a JS on Enchantment from my Empress JS.

I went from the 5/14 Empress to the 5/16 Enchantment. I lost a day of sailing, but I am okay with it, it's still a steal for the price I originally paid for Empress the day it opened. I was also given a very nice OBC.

I'm baaack.

Just got off the phone with "Andrea". We had a LOVELY, WONDERFUL, FRIENDLY, HAPPY chat.

I, too, moved over to the Enchantment.

Price-protected, although it's 7 nights vs 9 nights.

I will see you on board on the 16th!!!!!

And seeing you again! :) Still trying to figure out what we are going to do here. Flights are booked with a buy one get one coupon. If we don't do the 5/20 Enchantment, we may just rent a car and head to Key West. I dunno.

I'm on it! Re-join me.

PLEASE!

Glad things are looking better this round of cancellations. No progress was made to switch my booking from Empress to Brilliance with price protection during the first round of Empress cancellations. Flexibility to accommodate displaced passengers seems to be better than a month ago during the first round of last minute cancellations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm baaack.

Just got off the phone with "Andrea". We had a LOVELY, WONDERFUL, FRIENDLY, HAPPY chat.

I, too, moved over to the Enchantment.

Price-protected, although it's 7 nights vs 9 nights.

I will see you on board on the 16th!!!!!

So, We will get to meet you after all on the 16th EN sailing?? Nice.

Carnival Sensation 4/30 - 5/5 from Miami

Carnival Breeze 5/1 - 5/5 from Miami (i'd take this one)

Of those two choices, I'd try to get on the Breeze on May 1st. Even though the cruise is a day shorter, the Breeze is a MUCH nicer ship than the Sensation.

I haven't been on either ship, but I've been on sister ships, and I probably wouldn't take the Sensation sailing unless I felt that was the only way to salvage a vacation.

This is awful and definitely understand the frustration with those who don't have flexibility in their dates for whatever reason.

I was glad to see that they didn't try to limit which ship you could re-book on...so, we moved from Empress to the 13 night Indy leaving on May 1st.

I shudder to think about what the condition of the ship was for RCI to have to push the first sailing back an additional month.:(

I'm really sorry for all who are affected by this. I think Royal Caribbean has a lot of work to do to make this right for displaced customers. They're not in a position to be anything but generous.

This isn't the first time RCI has renovated a ship, and I don't understand how their estimates could have been off so badly. I would think their construction and refurb experts should have been able to more accurately assess what the ship needed before they started selling cruises.:(

Cindy, all of your comments ran through my head as well.

Glad things are looking better this round of cancellations. No progress was made to switch my booking from Empress to Brilliance with price protection during the first round of Empress cancellations. Flexibility to accommodate displaced passengers seems to be better than a month ago during the first round of last minute cancellations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is one big problem that Royal Caribbean seems to have.

Same thing happened on the Anthem.

Our cruise was severely impacted by weather issues. We got a flat amount per cabin, although the cruise lost an entire day and a complete change of itinerary.

The next cruise got HUGE MAJOR compensation.

And a Grandeur cruise that was impacted exactly as our cruise was got a percentage back to compensate for the lost day.

RC needs to get its head out of its rectum and figure this stuff out.

Edited by Merion_Mom

I just asked if I can get a full refund on my June cruise because of the cancellations. RCI said the cruise will not be cancelled. You better believe I took a screenshot of that.33d06968bde63fd5db23f388f2b823cd.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Sorry, you will need to check Cruise Critic on a regular basis for any early warning on possible future cancellations on Empress. It may not be an exact science, but the cancellation possibility on Empress sailings have been revealed days ahead here than RCI's official press releases. RCI Corporate only seems comfortable announcing cancelled cruises between less than 2 weeks out and 5 days out regarding Empress. Warning signs of possible impending cancellations appear here days earlier.

Of those two choices, I'd try to get on the Breeze on May 1st. Even though the cruise is a day shorter, the Breeze is a MUCH nicer ship than the Sensation.

I haven't been on either ship, but I've been on sister ships, and I probably wouldn't take the Sensation sailing unless I felt that was the only way to salvage a vacation.

I also vote Breeze. I went on the ship in 2014 and really enjoyed myself and I am not a big Carnival fan.