empress first 6 sailings canelled

baron9

You said it was a credit card; so there's always some float time between a charge and payment due. So make your other booking and in short time your refund will clear. I'm totally on your side with what you want, but I don't understand why the refund not being processed is delaying making other plans.

There is the factor of credit limits on credit cards. Not everyone has extra credit to cover a situation such as this where the provider of goods or services can't deliver on what was agreed upon when the charge was placed. There is a delay for the refund. I sympathize with the OP. Not their fault.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by coaster

No, that's not all you can say. You don't work for RCI. If you know something, say it. If you don't want to share perhaps stop reminding people about it:rolleyes:

Amen. To pretend on inside status and secrecy on a public forum with anonymous handles, well, I could say more, but that's all I can share at this time without compromising national security.

Crazy that Enchantment is not an option. I understand a dry dock snag, but limiting rebooking options to only ships with short cruises from Miami is short sighted. Why not accommodate those who are willing to sail from other Florida ports?

I agree, it does seem strange to limit choices to Majesty.

There is the factor of credit limits on credit cards. Not everyone has extra credit to cover a situation such as this where the provider of goods or services can't deliver on what was agreed upon when the charge was placed. There is a delay for the refund. I sympathize with the poster. Not their fault.

Honestly, in the situation they've put me in, it comes down to the fact that I'm a student, and I only have so much credit available to me. If I had the full funds available to me I would be booking a Norwegian Cruise right now.

No, that's not all you can say. You don't work for RCI. If you know something, say it. If you don't want to share perhaps stop reminding people about it:rolleyes:

I do have to agree. I think it would've been best to just not post anything at all, if not prepared to share more info.

At least let us know what the issue has to do with...structural?

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Honestly, in the situation they've put me in, it comes down to the fact that I'm a student, and I only have so much credit available to me. If I had the full funds available to me I would be booking a Norwegian Cruise right now.

My apologies; I did not consider that.

Again, I am on your side. I hope Royal steps up and makes you whole here, or goes a step beyond.

I too was effected by the cancellation as were my friends.:( I called and still was on hold for about an hour, I couldn't do my friends but I was able to confrence her in. I was not thrilled with the choice of the Majesty either. And the cost to change for those dates to a another cruise was not cost effective.:mad: We changed to the May 9th sailing, and was able to change airfare and hotel for about 100$. (the manager at the Cambria Suites in Fort Lauderdale was a gem, he was very accomodating) I hope all goes well for these future sailings for everyone. :)

Well Clarea hinted at this earlier in the week and I believed he would be right.

So we are coming from Canada were booked for april7. Our airfare change fees are 1600.00 new flights would be 1200.00 but Royal said sorry we will pay up to for change fees up to their way too low limit, so we have to take a hit for the difference of change fees vs just getting new air tickets, then we have 580.00 in prepaid hotel rooms plus under the pressure of all of this we changed to Indy for another 1000.00 in addition to what we already paid at the not so cheap rates on Empress (we missed the cheap deals at first).

To top it if we were originally booked on the Indy but wanted to go to Key West on the newly refurbished ship so changed it. Not to mention it is highly inflated cost from the original booking.

So we did buy cruise care will any of this be covered?

I am sympathetic to your situation. I dislike NCL since freestyle took effect. I don't blame you though if RCI is not willing to accommodate you on Celebrity even though they are the parent line that operates Celebrity.

My TA waited on hold for 1 hour had to hang up, and then waited 2 hours. No answer....we will try again tomorrow

Situations such as this, I am glad I booked direct.. I am willing to wait and get a resolution no matter how long it takes. A third party just complicates things. Sorry you did not get a resolution in a reasonable time to this situation though.

Edited by coaster

Yikes...sorry for all those affected by the cancellations. I'm glad I'd already cancelled our May 28 sailing, because like someone upthread mentioned I wouldn't want to be on what will now be one of the first sailings out of dry dock. I've been waiting for the Labor Day Empress itinerary to be released, but at this point I'd want her to get some sailings and reviews under her belt before I'd book her again.

Edited by undercat

That's super short term notice for many people. I would be absolutely livid. Moreso, that compensation appears to be paltry at best. I expected better of Royal.

Yes, NCL has the freestyle dining which not everyone is a fan of, but if you can switch to one of their Miami ships, it's better than no cruise at all. What a bummer all around. I'm really disappointed on behalf of my favorite company.

2016 is not shaping up to be RC's year in general.

Do you know if I cancel my reservation altogether if RCI will still provide me with a refund for the airfare change fee? I did not book my airfare through RCI.

I am considering changing my flight dates by a few days and sailing on another cruise line. I have to take my vacation during that week. I have no other choice.

The letter reads, "Guests with airfare transportation booked through Royal Caribbean International that transfer to another sailing will receive modified flights at no cost to them. If your client did not purchase air transportation through Royal Caribbean International, we will assist them by paying for their airline change fee, up to $200 for domestic and $300 for international flights."

The sentence that references people who didn't book flights through them does not make any reference to "...transfer to another sailing..."

What do you think?

Do you know if I cancel my reservation altogether if RCI will still provide me with a refund for the airfare change fee? I did not book my airfare through RCI.

I am considering changing my flight dates by a few days and sailing on another cruise line. I have to take my vacation during that week. I have no other choice.

The letter reads, "Guests with airfare transportation booked through Royal Caribbean International that transfer to another sailing will receive modified flights at no cost to them. If your client did not purchase air transportation through Royal Caribbean International, we will assist them by paying for their airline change fee, up to $200 for domestic and $300 for international flights."

The sentence that references people who didn't book flights through them does not make any reference to "...transfer to another sailing..."

What do you think?

It sounds like it's implied, but I would call RCL's support line in case. And be prepared to provide documentation of the charge to you. Oh, and it may several weeks for the refund to process.

Well, we are another one that was affected by this.

We are 4 women taking a girls cruise that was suppose to sail on April11th.

Found out thru FB (imagine that) . Imagine my surprise while waiting to pick up kids for preschool. "empress canc first 6 cruises" WHAT???? Instant message to my friends and our TA. She tried first, and then I got upset and called Crown & Anchor. Of course they didn't want to talk to me at first, had to add the TA in.

They first wanted us to change to Majesty. One less day, and would be more money. Not sure I understood that one. Price matched, but something about port fees and taxes being more. After much complaining they got it down some and it would have been cheaper. But still wasn't happy about being shorted a day of our cruise

Then we asked him to look at Navigator. Thankfully all 4 women were flying in the day before and all in the morning. The navigator sails the day before the Empress was suppose to. So no change in flights were needed. After much talking and being on the phone over an hour and a half. We ended up changed. WE are paying more. Not even sure of the exact amounts. I think one room was only $128 more (we snagged an Ontario discount) But the other room was like $350 more. And we went down in room category. Went from a OV to a Promenade guarantee. We did have a $63 per person OBC that we lost. Was replaced with a $100 (somehow dropped to $98???) per stateroom OBC. Had to fight for this as per the letter that was sent out.

One other thing our TA was able to get them to agree to, was just sending the credit over. First they wanted us to canc and wait for refund, and have to pay for the new cruise in full. Thanks goodness she was able to change this.

All and all, we at least ended up being on a cruise and on for one extra day. Don't like the ports as well. TERRIBLY disappointed in Royal.

However, glad we were able to get ahold of our TA immediately and that she was able to talk with Crown and Anchor right away. Sounds like some are still trying to make changes and I'm sure the options are getting slim.

This day has been a nightmare, but we are cruising in three weeks and will be with great friends. Now off to canc precruise hotel and rental car!!!

Another big winner by rccl. They knowingly were too aggressive in booking these cruises considering the ships upgrades. They rolled the dice and lost. And the customers pay. Typical ! Lousy compensation for all of the inconvenience and aggravation for thousands of passengers

We were booked on April 11th, and now on April 30th. Somehow we will live through it.

However, we've been cruising exclusively with Royal for 46 cruises over 25 years, and I've never been so mad at them.

Offering a 4-night cruise on Majesty to Bahamas and they'd "protect" our rate???? I'm now out $700 in airfare change fees and fare differences too. Would it have killed them to throw in an upgrade or something? A pair of slippers, for Chrissake?

I'm so sorry that you were affected. You are always so CALM on Cruise Critic. :)

It is a bunch of crap! I was on the 30th also. Can't find anything. Have 8 disappointed people and no cruise for spring break! Majesty has nothing available and was told nothing on Independence. Been on hold just to cancel all reservations and been on hold for over 2 hours now. Not too happy right now with the way they are treating us.

So what are you doing instead?

Well, just one more disappointment to add to the list.

Paid the extra money for the Navigator. Downgraded from an OV to a Promenade guarantee. Well, our room assignment is in.

Apparently Royal thinks its an upgrade to go from a Promenade room to a OV room on deck three all the way to the rear of the ship!!!

Not me and its just one more way I'm unhappy about this whole deal

I just checked for the email from them to tell me that my cruise is cancelled. I didn't receive one!

If I didn't read these boards I wonder when I would have found out about it.

Nothing today from Royal, no phone call or email.

Which date?