Pre-Cruise Emails

Justprettynpink

May I ask what surprises you about it?

You get to watch movies under the stars on a big screen while the ocean passes underneath you. You could sit there eating pizza, drinking margaritas, munching on popcorn, or just having a cookie. What is wrong with that??

As far the party? What holidays are after Easter? Not much. Kind of hard to have a Maundy Thursday party!:cool: Any type of party theme would be great! Music, dancing, drinking, eating, all while on a cruise ship! You can raise a glass to all of us who are not sailing with you and stuck at our jobs!

If this isn't your cup of tea, there are plenty of other things to do while onboard as well as bringing your own entertainment in the form of books, iPad games, knitting, a deck of cards. . .

Go have fun! Enjoy the cruise!

May I ask what surprises you about it?

I thought the emails had stopped. I have read several posts on the board stating the emails have not been sent.

So I was surprised that we got one when we had not been getting the usual pre-cruise emails.

I was not complaining about anything. Looking forward to the movies and to the Mardi Gras Party :D

I thought the emails had stopped. I have read several posts on the board stating the emails have not been sent.

So I was surprised that we got one when we had not been getting the usual pre-cruise emails.

I was not complaining about anything. Looking forward to the movies and to the Mardi Gras Party :D

I have not received emails either. Our cruise is April 5th, so it is nice to have hope that perhaps I will get one or two before leaving.:D

Have a great cruise.

I agree with you. There has been a lot of chatter about the lack of emails.

We received one 4 days ago about Dining Options for our April 29th cruise.

Thanks for the info about the movies.

Just Mike

We are on your cruise, and received the email as well. See you in 2 weeks!!!

Hope you hop over to our roll call and say hello!

We have a few things planned :-)

It says it is for 14 days but it is the right roll call for 14 or 7 day :-)

Hope to see you onboard!!

Welcome to Cruisecritic!

Edited by Justprettynpink

I didn't read anything negative in the origional post, just a surprise at getting an e mail with some information from Princess. I have always gotten them, maybe I'm one of the lucky few. Have a fun filled cruise, I have to wait till May.......

We are also having a Mardi Gras Party :confused:

Princess often has a party in the atrium towards the end of the cruise. They will give it a name/theme even though it is not the time of year for the name given.

For example, we have seen the party called a New Year's Eve party (complete with a balloon drop) even through it was months before/after December 31.

I was advised via their facebook page that they had some complications, however everything was fixed and that is why the emails have begun again. Literally the day before I had received this response I had gotten 3 emails within an hour..so clearly things are up and running again!

Enjoy your cruise!

The Mardi Gras party is not related to the time of year but the itinerary. Princess widely advertises their "Festivals of the World" and regional cuisine. In the Caribbean, their Festival of the World is a Mardi Gras party, due to the popularity of those celebrations in the Caribbean, especially Trinidad.

We had Mardi Gras parties on nearly every cruise on the Caribbean Princess last winter and none on the Emerald Princess this winter, despite being on the ship on Fat Tuesday.

As for the emails...I did receive a few while I was cruising on the Emerald Princess, always the entertainment ones, and always the day before each cruise started. In every one, it would simply state "Check back closer to cruise date for the entertainment on your cruise".

:rolleyes: