Just Returned! (Public, Tiki & Cemetary Beaches)

MsSWhite

Just returned from Grand Cayman. Here's my experience regarding these beaches:

Public Beach--About a 15 minute cab ride from the port. Home of Calico Jack's. Chair rental $5 and umbrella rental $5. Bucket of Cayman beer 4 for $20. Tropical and Frozen drinks $8-$10. (no prices on the menus...maybe they change according to the time of year, ships in port, etc.) Nice beach, music, etc. This visit was during Spring Break and never found it loud or out of control. Saw many families enjoying local water sports. Jet ski $50 for a half hour. Nothing to see if snorkeling.

Tiki Beach--Walked about 10-15 minutes to Tiki from Public. On this particular day it was extremely loaded with seaweed and murky. Lots of rocks and old coral pieces as you entered the water. Small stretch of sand between the water and the bar/restaurant. Most patrons were lounging in chairs on the deck. Cannot comment on the prices as we were just walking by.

Cemetery Beach--Visited here a couple years ago, but from what I hear, things haven't changed much. Only including it for comparison. Very remote. No merchants, no facilities, nothing! We brought our own snorkel equipment. Found a small grocery store about 10 minutes away where we purchased a styrofoam cooler and filled it with drinks and snacks. Found snorkeling to be ok. Definitely nothing special. Obviously very quiet and picturesque, most likely due to the lack of people.

Hope this info helps somebody. I know how difficult it is to pick from the many beaches of 7 mile beach. Have a great time! :)

This helps me alot! I'm not finding anything I want on our shore excursions and the public beach/Calico Jack's looks like what we want :). When we get a taxi do we just ask to go to the public beach? Thanks!!!

Yes :) There's a nice drop off site. Public beach also has a small playground for kids and a volleyball court. $5 per person each way for the taxi. I know some people took the Public Bus for half the cost.

Edited by MsSWhite

Public Beach--About a 15 minute cab ride from the port. Home of Calico Jack's. Chair rental $5 and umbrella rental $5. Bucket of Cayman beer 4 for $20. Tropical and Frozen drinks $8-$10. (no prices on the menus...maybe they change according to the time of year, ships in port, etc.) Nice beach, music, etc. This visit was during Spring Break and never found it loud or out of control. Saw many families enjoying local water sports. Jet ski $50 for a half hour. Nothing to see if snorkeling.

Tiki Beach--Walked about 10-15 minutes to Tiki from Public. On this particular day it was extremely loaded with seaweed and murky. Lots of rocks and old coral pieces as you entered the water. Small stretch of sand between the water and the bar/restaurant. Most patrons were lounging in chairs on the deck. Cannot comment on the prices as we were just walking by.

Cemetery Beach--Visited here a couple years ago, but from what I hear, things haven't changed much. Only including it for comparison. Very remote. No merchants, no facilities, nothing! We brought our own snorkel equipment. Found a small grocery store about 10 minutes away where we purchased a styrofoam cooler and filled it with drinks and snacks. Found snorkeling to be ok. Definitely nothing special. Obviously very quiet and picturesque, most likely due to the lack of people.

Hope this info helps somebody. I know how difficult it is to pick from the many beaches of 7 mile beach. Have a great time! :)

How much was the Taxi ride to public beach?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you!