Boston arrival

Dinda

We will fly into to Boston airport the day of our cruise arriving at 12:35. Can anyone give me an idea of how long it will take to collect luggage, get a taxi and get to cruise terminal. My travel companions are concerned we will be late getting on the ship. But that was the only direct flight from Atlanta.

We will fly into to Boston airport the day of our cruise arriving at 12:35. Can anyone give me an idea of how long it will take to collect luggage, get a taxi and get to cruise terminal. My travel companions are concerned we will be late getting on the ship. But that was the only direct flight from Atlanta.

What date are you doing this? What time does the ship sail? What airline are you flying?

Edited by 138east

I would have flown in the day before the cruise.

I would say you might not be out of the airport until 1:30 PM if your flight is on time.

If it is a weekday assume 30 minutes to get to the port.

You have to board 90 minutes prior to the cruise.

Hopefully your flight won't be cancelled or delayed.

Keith

Flying in the day of sailing has risks. Arriving the day of sailing after noon just about triples your risks.

Good luck!

Of course we recommend flying in the day before. But if the OP has already bought tickets, the only option is to offer a strategy for Logan Airport. The next port might only be Portland! I hope they buy insurance!

What date are you doing this? What time does the ship sail? What airline are you flying?

We are flying in on Oct. 2 (a Sunday)on Southwest airlines. The ship sails at 4:00.

The good news is that it appears you are flying nonstop on a Sunday. The bad news is that IMO Southwest has the worst gates at Logan. They are in the furthest part of Terminal A and are a hike and a half from the terminal entrance.

Normally I'd say just take a cab, but since time could be tight, you might want to consider having car service transportation waiting for you to whisk you off to the pier, which should be no more than 15 minutes at that time of day.