Sailing doesn't have a Roll Call

Wanderista

Hello, I would like to thank this board because I have never cruised before and reading so much helpful information and so many comments on this board helped to pique my interest in trying cruising. I've traveled a fair bit in the past and I've been on a couple of ferries/whale-watching day trips, but I have not been on a cruise before.

I'm very excited to be going on Grandeur of the Seas to Bermuda on May 21st with a friend. My question is that I have looked for a roll call for my sailing and I don't see one. How does one get added? I know it's not too far from the sailing.

Thanks again for all of the useful info! :)

Hello, I would like to thank this board because I have never cruised before and reading so much helpful information and so many comments on this board helped to pique my interest in trying cruising. I've traveled a fair bit in the past and I've been on a couple of ferries/whale-watching day trips, but I have not been on a cruise before.

I'm very excited to be going on Grandeur of the Seas to Bermuda on May 21st with a friend. My question is that I have looked for a roll call for my sailing and I don't see one. How does one get added? I know it's not too far from the sailing.

Thanks again for all of the useful info! :)

Two things to keep in mind. Not everyone that cruises is a member of Cruise Critic, and not every CC member joins a roll call.

Thanks everyone, I'm pretty sure there isn't one yet. I might start one but I haven't decided. I'm pretty savvy about travel but I don't know much about cruising yet.

This close to your cruise, along with the thread not already existing, you may not get much participation. Feel free to ask questions right here or on the Royal Caribbean board. :)

Hello - Welcome to Cruise Critic.

It looks like this is a 5 day cruise - often the shorter cruises do not attract as much of a following on Cruise Critic. Also, people on Cruise Critic only make up a small percentage of the total number of people on the ship.

If you want to learn a little more about the Grandeur, this link should take you to a page within the Royal Caribbean Forum that has compiled all the threads about the Grandeur:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/royal-caribbean/grandeur

This Forum is about Bermuda:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196

In the East Coast Departures Forum you can use the Search this Forum feature to search for Baltimore for threads specific to that port. You need to be logged into your Cruise Critic account to use the Search feature:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415

Have a wonderful cruise and hope you enjoy Bermuda as much as we have - our cruise there in May will be our 5th trip.

Edited by MarKay525

By the way, Wanderista, the Grandeur was our first ship, back in 1997, when she was just a few months old. You never forget your first love, and you never forget your first cruise. The Grandeur is close to 20 years old, and I'll bet she's still a beautiful ship, despite her age. Have a great cruise, and welcome to Cruise Critic.

Yeah, it's a 5 day cruise out of Baltimore. I live a short drive from the port. Things lined up so that both my friend and I could go then.

I only asked because I noticed that pretty much all the other sailings on that ship for that month had a roll call. It's ok though. I had been hoping to see if there were any other privately planned excursions or if anyone wanted to join us on a tour of St. George since getting there and back can be a bit tricky.

I'm sure that we will have a great time though, whatever we end up doing. Very much looking forward to it, and yes, it looks like a great ship from the photos!

My cruise doesn't have a roll call yet, either. I've considered starting one, but I'm not sure if I will or not, simply due to the reasons listed above. Granted, I'm not cruising until October 8, so there is still plenty of time for a board to be created. There is, however, a page on FaceBook that was created for the particular cruise we're taking; you may consider checking specifically for the name of the cruise line plus date (Carnival Liberty October 8 is mine) on FB to see if there is a group there. Good luck and happy cruising!