hair dryers

pehlibaar

Are the hair dryers on the Wonder like the crappy ones at hotels? Or is it a full sized hairdryer? Wondering if I should pack mine.

There are two hairdryers on the Wonder. The old vacuum style one that's mounted to the wall in the bathroom (doesn't work that well). And a newer, hand-held model in the desk drawer (works well). One note, the one in the desk needs to be plugged into the outlet on the desk, not in the bathroom to work best.

Do the hair dryers require you to hold the button in while drying? Or is it a regular on/off switch?

The wimpy one in the bathroom comes on when you remove it from the holder. There is no on/off switch.

The one in the desk drawer is a very nice dryer that works on European and US current. It is just like a dryer at home--turn it on and it stays on, there are a couple different settings. The current in the bathroom is "for shavers only" and the hair dryer won't work well on that. Plug it in by the desk and it is great. It is honestly a better dryer than what I use at home.

The desk hair driers I believe are 220v not the normal 110v, which is why the plug is funny.

On the Fantasy they had the funny plug and were 220. On the Magic, they had a normal US plug but the dryer had a 220/110 switch. I just figured with a US plug, it was 110. Don't remember on the others.

I'm not an electrician, but I'm guessing that if you plug a 220 appliance into 110 current, you aren't going to ruin it...it just won't run well. That's what happens when I plug my cell phone into the bathroom outlet--it doesn't charge (yeah, learned that the hard way). But if you plug a 110 appliance into a 220 outlet, you fry it.