Mailing things at the PSD

PescadoAmarillo

This is not new news, I know, but I have a current example. I mailed an envelope containing several of the "mind teaser" games from the Emerald Princess library to my mom (in the US) while the ship was Fort Lauderdale. I placed it in the outgoing mailbox after verifying it would be given to the port agent that day. Mom received it yesterday, 25 days later.

In this case, it was not time-sensitive material but I would be hesitant to mail critical things from the ship.

I also have my doubts about trusting items to Princess for delivery. I have mailed packages to crew member on various ships 3 times. One time it was mailed (us mail) and was addressed to the port agent in Fort Lauderdale and it was never delivered to the ship. The next time I sent a package & hand delivered to to the port agent in person and it was delivered to the crew member on that occasion. I tried another time delivering it in person & once more it got "lost" in the process. There seems to be a week link in their mail system, either from the port agent or on the actual ship.

All three times the packages were clearly labeled correctly with the ships name, full crew members name & title, and dept that they worked in.

Makes me wonder how many packages mailed from family members of the crew are never received. :(

I also have my doubts about trusting items to Princess for delivery. I have mailed packages to crew member on various ships 3 times. One time it was mailed (us mail) and was addressed to the port agent in Fort Lauderdale and it was never delivered to the ship.

The princess address in Ft. Lauderdale changed about 2 years ago.

I just ordered something from Amazon, and had it sent to a person

on a ship via the ft. lauderdale agent. Worked great.

I suppose the postmark would be a way to tell how long it was before it was put in the mail.

I asked my mom about the postmark. The envelope was not post marked and the stamp was not cancelled, leading me to joke that it has been delivered in person and that's why it took so long.

I think it's the port agent, also.

The princess address in Ft. Lauderdale changed about 2 years ago.

I just ordered something from Amazon, and had it sent to a person

on a ship via the ft. lauderdale agent. Worked great.

I hand delivered it to the port agent& it still didn't get to the ship.

I don't trust them any more.

I once sent post cards to some of my co-workers. Everyone got theirs but one. She was very hurt and thought I dissed her. She didn't talk to me for a week. I assured her I did mail her one but she didn't quite believe me. Two months later it arrived and I was vindicated. :Dd Oh, and all of them were mailed at the same time.

Edited by notentirelynormal

Five times over the years I have tried to mail post cards, yes I know I am a slow learner at times, using the mail box at the Passenger Service Desk to my Grand kids.

Still waiting for delivery.

Bob

I once sent post cards to some of my co-workers. Everyone got theirs but one. She was very hurt and thought I dissed her. She didn't talk to me for a week. I assured her I did mail her one but she didn't quite believe me. Two months later it arrived and I was vindicated. :Dd Oh, and all of them were mailed at the same time.

Some friend.