Price has dropped how do I get it?

RSV Angel

We are booked on RCCI on 4/18/16 sailing and I just looked this morning. The fare has dropped on the same booking we have by $96.00. I see where people get excited about a "price drop" and was wondering if I could get the same price now & if so how?

We are booked on RCCI on 4/18/16 sailing and I just looked this morning. The fare has dropped on the same booking we have by $96.00. I see where people get excited about a "price drop" and was wondering if I could get the same price now & if so how?

Call the cruise line and see if they will give it to you. If it's after the Paid in Full date, typically it won't happen. But sometime people have gotten OBC in the amount of the cost difference.

You are past final payment date, so no price drop.

However, check if any better staterooms have also gone down in price. You may be able to get an upgrade for little or no extra cost.

Edited by clarea

As you are well within the final payment date, the cruise line isn't obligated to give you anything.

Your only choice is to call and ask (whomever you booked through- the cruise line direct, or a travel agent). They may, or may not, compensate you.

If your fare had gone up $96, would you pay that increase?

You also have to see if this new price is for "new bookings only". If that's the case, you probably won't get anything. The usual rule is that if the price drop is after final payment, the cruise line won't have to compensate you for anything.

Unfortunately with Royal, there is no credit of any kind after final payment date. The only exception is if your initial booking was within 48 hours.