When to visit Santorini, Mykonos and Athens?

stefanny28

Hi;

We can't not decide between these 2 weeks:

1/ July 2nd- July 9th

2/ July 16th- July 23rd

Which week shall we choose?

Will there be a difference in temperature between thse 2 weeks ? Or there isn't ( meaning it will be hot no matter what week?)

Thanks

Weather will generally be similar for the 2 weeks and specifically not predictable so far in advance. You need therefore different criteria to differentiate.

I would check the days planned for Santorini and compare the planned number of passengers in the port.

That cable car can present a real bottle neck and long queues with few alternatives. There's plenty of info on this specific problem here on this board.

How about the beginning of June ( Jun 2nd-June 11th)?

Will it be cooler than July?

The beginning of June should be a little cooler. (Of course, that's on average. You could get a heat wave.....)

You can look at weather averages by month for Athens here, for example: https://weather.com/weather/monthly/l/GRXX0004:1:GR

In general, June is cooler than July, but that only is averages. Look at average temperatures on The Weather Channel or Weather Underground.

Edited by dabear

Hi;

We can't not decide between these 2 weeks:

1/ July 2nd- July 9th

2/ July 16th- July 23rd

Which week shall we choose?

Will there be a difference in temperature between these 2 weeks ? Or there isn't ( meaning it will be hot no matter what week?)

Thanks

You didn't mention if these weeks are the same ship and itinerary or different. I would choose based on the length of time in port. Also, if possible pick the week that your stop in Santorini will allow you to see the sunset. I'm not sure what the difference in temperature of the weeks makes. July is summer. It will be hot. I would be more concerned which week gets more rainfall, if any cruise critic members have figured that out.

Enjoy your cruise whichever week you go. I'll be in those ports at the end of May and I hope it's sunny, dry and not too hot.

I would love to go in the beginning of June since it will probably be less hot and less crowded. But we have a teenager ( 17) and she would like to have some other teens on the ship so I guess we'll have to go during July then :-(

It can't be hotter than Venice last July. It was 40 C ( what is it in F?) when we were there.

BTW, thank you for the suggestion for sunset in Santorini. Never would have thought of it.

Can't be hotter than Venice????

We were in Italy the first 2 weeks of June 2014, land tour. Records were being set every day, even the locals were surprised. High 90s for 12 straight days, 100 one day in Florence. With humidity, although not really bad humidity.

Trends and averages are one thing, predicting the weather months in advance is another, totally different thing.