Shade on private island

lisa7977

I could not find anything in my search so sorry if this is a repeat. I have read there is not much shade on the private island. We are not renting a cabana. I saw something about shells you can rent. How do I rent one, what are they, and how much do they cost? TIA

Commercial grade HD clamshell will fit 2 loungers - they're renting for $30 each, all day - book them online (ahead of sailing) or once boarded, as they can be all gone. Once ashore, find a spot with CS that you like & crew on the beach will set it up for you - still need to bring your SPF protection, especially against the midday sun & UV lights.

If you can get by with finding a shaded tree, be sure to pack plenty of mosquito repellents & watch out for small insects nearby - cover any food as seagulls are known to sweep in, grab & fly away with their trophies.

For more seclusion, take the free shuttle "tram" by making a quick left at the tender pier landing - for the lagoon, lots of chairs & spots - crowds are smaller even on mega-ships (but, clamshells are a must as there are few trees offering shade)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/2015%20NCL%20BA/IMG20150325_0948%281024x768%29.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/2015%20NCL%20BA/IMG20150325_1436%20%281024x768%29.jpg

Or, you can buy your own portable nylon sunshade w. UV protection - online @ *Bay & Amazon, they are easy & quick to setup with a few twist, in its own carrying case, slinged over the shoulder.

Edited by mking8288

Sign into MyNCL on your cruise - click on the scheduled day of week @GSC - should be under ShorEx (otherwise, book it onboard - do that with iConcierge App, if available to avoid standing in the lobbying line or stateroom's interactive TV system)

Unless you are traveling during the summer months or school break, there's usually some for on-the-spot lagoon booking (which is what we did last year ... even on the BA) - it's a lot less crowded & peaceful.