help me make decisions on April sailing to Hawaii

sweet curise

Weather in Hawaii varies very little from month to month - April should be lovely, though whale season ends at the end of March. Crowds would be minimal as that's somewhat of an 'off season' for Hawaii. Weather out of San Francisco is very unpredictable, but in all likelihood, you will have a couple of very cool, possibly damp days departing from San Francisco, then gradually warming as you approach Hawaii. Most ships have plenty of indoor activities to keep you occupied during those first few days, so go and enjoy!

Can anyone tell me what weather conditions are like in late April from sanfrancisco to Hawaii and also in Hawaii thanks with any info at this point :)

We did it several years ago in April. Not hot enough to sit by the pool. DON'T GET OFF IN MEXICO FOOTPRINT!

Can anyone tell me what weather conditions are like in late April from sanfrancisco to Hawaii and also in Hawaii thanks with any info at this point :)

Can't predict the weather but we have gone in April and Oct. and both times rough seas and chilly and very windy the first 2 days and the last 2 days.

We've cruised to Hawaii in April & October.

April...rough seas first 2 days out, bags taped to the handrails, a lot of passengers stayed in their cabins. It's still considered the rainy season and we did experience quit a few showers, slightly cooler than we expected.

October.....calmer seas, fantastic weather, very humid in Oahu, water was perfect! This would be my choice if we were to go back.

We once did Hawaii in early May, just a few days after April. Weather was fine on the island.

As easyboy says the weather in Hawaii is pretty much fine all year long. The trip over seems to be a bit cool and rough on 2, or, occasionally, 3 days out of LA and also on the way back. I would expect San Francisco to be the same. Especially on the way back since you need to make the obligatory Ensenada stop. We really enjoy the Hawaii itinerary.

Edited by ar1950

We did it in March...rough seas the first 2 days, beautifully warm weather the last 2 before Hawaii, rain in Hilo, rain part of the day in Honolulu, hot hot hot in Maui, and nice and warm in Kauai, return sea days were all smooth. The spring is more rainy in Hawaii than the summer, but it's a nice warm rain. I loved the cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

As easyboy says the weather in Hawaii is pretty much fine all year long. The trip over seems to be a bit cool and rough on 2, or, occasionally, 3 days out of LA and also on the way back. I would expect San Francisco to be the same. Especially on the way back since you need to make the obligatory Ensenada stop. We really enjoy the Hawaii itinerary.

I agree with the others. Three of our 4 Hawaii cruises were in April, the last in Feb to see whales.

April is my favorite month. There is less humidity and rain. This last time, the one thing DH wanted to see was the Waimea Canyon, but it was so fogged in and rainy he saw nothing.

Patti

Edited by sassyredhat

We've cruised to Hawaii in April & October.

April...rough seas first 2 days out, bags taped to the handrails, a lot of passengers stayed in their cabins. It's still considered the rainy season and we did experience quit a few showers, slightly cooler than we expected.

October.....calmer seas, fantastic weather, very humid in Oahu, water was perfect! This would be my choice if we were to go back.

This could be my post!! I totally agree with ramrax4. We sailed both months also. October out of San Diego back in '07. Everything about that cruise was wonderful. It was rough the first 2 days but weather was wonderful. This past April out of San Francisco the seas were very rough. Handrails had those lovely bags attached!! The first night I held onto my husband in bed hoping neither one of us would fall out!! I'm not kidding!! The weather was chilly and rainy. Sailing back from Hawaii we weren't allowed on the outside decks due to high winds, rain. Rough sailing. My pick October. Hoping to go back some day.

Carol

Leaving from San Francisco 23/11 for Hawaii - I'm assuming the first couple of days will be rough from what I'm seeing?:eek: Hubby not too good with rough seas!

I get car sick on winding roads if I'm not the driver. I go the doctor and he prescribes the patch - Transderm Scop - for me before I cruise. I have been though some extremely rough seas on a couple of cruises and while many of the "iron stomached" people have gotten a bit queasy and the other people have gotten sick I have stayed just fine. I love my patch. :)