Special 4th July events

I'm going back and forth about next summers plans. I have Allure booked June 25th but am wondering is it better to book a July 2nd cruise (I think Oasis is Eastern that week) that is cruising over the holiday?

I'd have 2 days off work I wouldn't need vacation for... do they do fireworks or anything special?

Thank you

We were on Monarch one year for the 4th. They had little flags all over, and RW&B streamers and decorations. I think they had sparklers in the desserts too. But they probably don't do that anymore.

Last year I was on Brilliance and they had a quiz about America and there was a special 4th of July cake in the Windjammer. Of course we were in the Baltic so it may be different if you are actually in or going from the US

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Really the only fireworks you would see would be if you are close to a US port. Obviously we are the only country that celebrates it. (New years eve is awesome for fireworks as that is a tradition in most Caribbean islands)

On the ship expect red white blue banners, signs, a few years ago on the Rhapsody in Alaska they themed windjammer after it and had Apple Pie, and a picnic themed lunch.

And no, no fireworks from the ship for obvious fire safety reasons.

Edited by Firefighterhoop

Really the only fireworks you would see would be if you are close to a US port. Obviously we are the only country that celebrates it. .

Well I do not know how much time you spend outside the Untied States? But I have seen July 4th Fireworks celebrations in many countries: Singapore, Hong Kong, Thailand, Philippines, Australia, just to name a few places. Anywhere that has US Tourist seems to have some celebration of US Holidays.