Advantages of booking another cruise while on one.

I have a question about OBC which hopefully someone can answer. We recently booked a cruise whilst onboard but always with the intention to move it to a different cruise once the new schedules are released next week.

We understand that the promotion will change (we got the 30% off and that ends before the new schedules are released). However, the cruise we booked is a 7 night - i.e. $100 OBC - but the cruise we want to change to is a longer cruise. Will we get the relevant extra OBC once we switch cruises?

The answer should be no. The reason being is that you only paid $100 for your deposit. With the new system your deposit that you pay on board is the amount of your OBC.

I have a question about OBC which hopefully someone can answer. We recently booked a cruise whilst onboard but always with the intention to move it to a different cruise once the new schedules are released next week.

We understand that the promotion will change (we got the 30% off and that ends before the new schedules are released). However, the cruise we booked is a 7 night - i.e. $100 OBC - but the cruise we want to change to is a longer cruise. Will we get the relevant extra OBC once we switch cruises?

I just changed a booking that I made onboard that was for an OV room- I paid $50 deposit and got $50 OBC for the future cruise.

I just changed the ship and date to a balcony cabin and they adjusted my OBC to $100 with no additional deposit required. I thought they would ask me for another $50 deposit but they did not

If you took the OBC on the cruise that you were on I don't think you will get anymore OBC

Edited by molly361

The answer should be no. The reason being is that you only paid $100 for your deposit. With the new system your deposit that you pay on board is the amount of your OBC.

I just changed a booking that I made onboard that was for an OV room- I paid $50 deposit and got $50 OBC for the future cruise.

I just changed the ship and date to a balcony cabin and they adjusted my OBC to $100 with no additional deposit required. I thought they would ask me for another $50 deposit but they did not

If you took the OBC on the cruise that you were on I don't think you will get anymore OBC

Thanks for the responses - albeit seeming to contradict each other :confused: Does anyone else have experience of this.

For the record we didn't take our OBC on the cruise we were on.

Very good to hear that they are following through on the one change thing.:)

Thanks for the responses - albeit seeming to contradict each other :confused: Does anyone else have experience of this.

Unfortunately RCL is not known for their consistency. There was another time I tried to change a booking making onboard (taking future OBC). I was told if I changed it (first change) that my OBC would be reduced from $100 to $25.

I said thanks and hung up. Called back later in the day and had it changed with no problem kept the $100 OBC

Unfortunately RCL is not known for their consistency. There was another time I tried to change a booking making onboard (taking future OBC). I was told if I changed it (first change) that my OBC would be reduced from $100 to $25.

I said thanks and hung up. Called back later in the day and had it changed with no problem kept the $100 OBC

Was this Crown & Anchor you talked to both times?

Nice.

How true.

This sounds like a great plan, but didn't they do away with the 24 hour hold. I could be wrong...I thought I read it here somewhere. Would love to try this on our next cruise.

The 'Courtesy Hold's' are still there, Usually in a couple places per page.

At the Bottom of the 'Select Guests Page' of booking online it says:

Not ready to book? We'll save this reservation for 24 hours - it's free! Hold this reservation

Dennis & Sue

I booked a cruise on board, for 2 interior rooms for a 7 day cruise got a $50 per person onboard credit. Then changed the reservation to a 12 night cruise, 1 interior room the onboard credit changed to $75, and 1 balcony room the onboard credit changed to $100. I did not ask for it, as I did not realized it would change, I was very nicely surprised.