Detailed Photo Review of 3/14/16 Celebrity Equinox 11 Night Cruise

deladane

I really enjoyed your review.

The mud volcano was a pit stop on the Amazing Race in one of the most recent seasons. They hid clues in the mud for participants to find!

Thank you for all the time you spent as I found it entertaining and informative.

I heard about that Amazing Race episode! Go figure this was the first season in years that I decided not to watch so I never got to see them at the volcano. I tried finding it online when I got home but that never happened. Oh well! It was definitely an unforgettable experience :D

Thanks for the review.

Thanks for reading :)

Great review, have enjoyed reading it immensely. We are taking the same cruise in November 2016 and I would love a copy of your drink list. I tried to copy and print but it is coming out very very small print. Would you by any chance have a copy that you could/would be willing to email me. I don't want to impose so please don't feel obligated I just thought I would ask.

Again loved your review...

Catherine

Great review, have enjoyed reading it immensely. We are taking the same cruise in November 2016 and I would love a copy of your drink list. I tried to copy and print but it is coming out very very small print. Would you by any chance have a copy that you could/would be willing to email me. I don't want to impose so please don't feel obligated I just thought I would ask.

Again loved your review...

Catherine

HI, I actually was able to download your drink document, so now I would just like your permission to use it.

Thanks again:)

HI, I actually was able to download your drink document, so now I would just like your permission to use it.

haha of course you have my permission :) Hope you have a wonderful cruise! Let me know if you can check everything off the list!!

Great "little" review, I loved it, almost like I was there! I don't know how to say this, but I read so many reviews and people say they won't eat this or can't eat that. You two seemed to eat all and anything and loved it. It was a refreshing read thank you for the great time. Good luck with the wedding and looking forward to your review of the wedding and the cruise.

:);)

This was a terrific review! Thanks for taking the time and effort to post. I read it almost all in one sitting but had to return for the last page.

I can't seem to organize myself to do anything like this so I'm in awe of those who can!

Dana, Wow....what a fantastic review. I've taken a couple of days to read it and see your amazing photos!

We will be on the Equinox next May, 2017. This was such a fun way to see the ship.

How can I get the drink document? We may try your plan, sharing tastes of course. :D

Jacki

Dana: I, too, loved your review. We are booked on this same cruise for March 2017. I do have a question for you. Would you recommend Oscar Brown Tours? I am hearing not so good reviews of this company lately, should I stay with him or look into someone else?

Thanks

• 7 months later...

Great Review! Also enjoyed reading your Med cruise review a few years ago on Carnival. Will be taking my first Celebrity cruise and found this very helpful.

Thinking about switching from the 9 night Silhouette and doing the Reflection for 11 nights that goes to Cartagena after seeing your review.

Great Review! Also enjoyed reading your Med cruise review a few years ago on Carnival. Will be taking my first Celebrity cruise and found this very helpful.

Thinking about switching from the 9 night Silhouette and doing the Reflection for 11 nights that goes to Cartagena after seeing your review.

I'm so glad you found my review helpful in planning your own cruise! Cartagena was a wonderful city, with so many interesting things to explore. I hope you have a wonderful cruise, whichever itinerary you choose!

Did you happen to have any luck getting a copy of the drink list?

I would love to try it if anyone feels like sharing?

Aghhhh, disappointed! Lol I'm going to have to cruise on the Equinox now to give it a try.

We did not have any drinks on Friday before debarking, so our quest to try every drink on the ship ended tonight. Although we did not accomplish our mission, I think we did a pretty good job over the last 11 days. We drank about 3/4 of the drinks on the menus on the ship, and a lot of the ones we didn't try was because either we couldn't find a bar to make that drink or because the ship didn't have the drink on board (most of the wines!) It was fun to be on this quest, and our dining room waiters and sommelier as well as the bartenders we went to most often all knew about our mission and were eager to help us achieve our goals. Throughout the week, they asked us about our progress and helped to find new drinks for us to check off the list. You will also notice the little D or J next to each drink and a + or - sign... we marked off who had each drink (or used no initial if we both tried it) and a + if we loved it or a - if we didn't like it (no + or - meant it was neutral haha). At least now we'll know the best drinks to go for on our Eclipse cruise!! Here is a photo of the list at the end of the cruise...

26095199676_04d2079229_c.jpg

Up Next: Debarkation Day :(

[/color][/size][/b]

Hi Dana, We leave on the Equinox in 2 weeks :) Our first time on Equinox and our 1st trip to the Med. Thank you for the GREAT review! Would you be willing to share a word doc or PDF of your drink list? My hubby and I would love to try it out! My email is katievriezen@hotmail.com

Did you happen to have any luck getting a copy of the drink list?

I would love to try it if anyone feels like sharing?

Hi Dana, We leave on the Equinox in 2 weeks :) Our first time on Equinox and our 1st trip to the Med. Thank you for the GREAT review! Would you be willing to share a word doc or PDF of your drink list? My hubby and I would love to try it out! My email is katievriezen@hotmail.com

Here you go! Enjoy your cruise and let me know if you are able to get all the drinks checked off! I will say that with a Med cruise, it will be hard to get all those drinks since you will be off the ship enjoying the ports for most of the days. Good luck :)

drinks checklist.pdf

Great review! I love your drink PDF idea. I'm doing my first X cruise on Equinox in Dec. It's only 7 days so we probably won't be able to quite as many, but I'm inspired to make a shorter, modified version for our trip. Great fun.

I also especially loved the photos of all the dinner menus and the food pictures....OMG the food pictures! I saw so many items I hope they're still serving in Dec. Yum yum yum. Thanks so much for posting all those.

Here you go! Enjoy your cruise and let me know if you are able to get all the drinks checked off! I will say that with a Med cruise, it will be hard to get all those drinks since you will be off the ship enjoying the ports for most of the days. Good luck :)

Omg thank you !!!! That's fantastic! I told my husband about it last night and he looked a bit doubtful...lol

Great review! I love your drink PDF idea. I'm doing my first X cruise on Equinox in Dec. It's only 7 days so we probably won't be able to quite as many, but I'm inspired to make a shorter, modified version for our trip. Great fun.

I also especially loved the photos of all the dinner menus and the food pictures....OMG the food pictures! I saw so many items I hope they're still serving in Dec. Yum yum yum. Thanks so much for posting all those.

I haven't heard anything about menu changes in the MDR so you'll probably be in luck to try some of those dishes :D I actually hope the menu is still the same when we are on the Eclipse next March so I can repeat some of the dishes then! As for the drinks list, I suggest you can skip most of the classic cocktails since they are the kind of drinks you can drink anywhere in any bar. Focus on the drinks at the specialty bars like the martini bar and World Class Bar since they are more specific to Celebrity's bar menus :) Oh, and definitely try some of the Slush drinks! They were a great treat for the afternoons when returning from a hot port day!

PS: I love your screenname! I was a huge Rainbow Brite and Sprite fan when I was a kid hehe

Edited by deladane

Omg thank you !!!! That's fantastic! I told my husband about it last night and he looked a bit doubtful...lol

haha that's funny considering I am fairly certain it was my husband who originally came up with the idea!! I will admit it became stressful by the end of the cruise because we wanted to repeat the drinks that we liked the most, but realized we were running out of time to accomplish our goal of trying everything on the ship lol Definitely first world problems! Good luck with your attempt :p

Quick question about the drink package if you can answer. Are there any individual drinks/cocktails that the Premium package does not cover. Also do you pay the difference or the whole price?

Bob

Quick question about the drink package if you can answer. Are there any individual drinks/cocktails that the Premium package does not cover. Also do you pay the difference or the whole price?

Bob

There are some drinks that are over and above the premium package and you just pay the difference. We found this mostly with the better wines.

As of a couple of weeks ago, I read that Celebrity is rolling out the same policy for the classic package as with the premium package. They have raised the prices of the beers allowed in the classic package to $9 and maybe some of the other drinks as well. So as they are rolling this out across the fleet, you will only pay the difference for cocktails that are over the limit on the classic package as well. So, if you want a $10 beer on the classic package, you will only pay the $1 (or more accurately, the $1.18) difference. :D