appropiate formal wear

mazeke

We are sailing on the Liberty of the Seas and have a few questions. First, do they provide shampoo, conditioner, and body soap? Next- for the formal nights would my husband be alright without a suit jacket- they are so bulky to pack. He would have dress pants, dress shirt, and tie. Does the ship designate one main dining room as formal and another dining room as casual? Thanks

We are sailing on the Liberty of the Seas and have a few questions. First, do they provide shampoo, conditioner, and body soap? Next- for the formal nights would my husband be alright without a suit jacket- they are so bulky to pack. He would have dress pants, dress shirt, and tie. Does the ship designate one main dining room as formal and another dining room as casual? Thanks

The staterooms will have two bars of soap and a combo shampoo/conditioner dispenser in the shower.

On Liberty, the entire dining room (all three decks) is subject to the formal night dress suggestions.

Here is what the cruise line suggests:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=255&faqSubjectId=334&faqSubjectName=Life+Onboard&faqType=faq

Just a idea for your your hubby.

I usually wear a sport coat on plane then have pressed if it needs it first day of cruise. Wear good shoes on plane if tennis shoes are easier to pack. Tennis shoes and comfortable shoes for night is all you need.

OR if you want. Rent tux on ship withe the package that includes white tux coat. That will take care of two dress up nights. That is my thought.

Sounds like if hubby takes less - you can pack more. HA HA

My husband opts for a vest instead of a jacket on formal night. He was far more formal than many other diners.

That's a nice option - so light and fairly easy to pack (in a dry cleaner bag which would help prevent potential wrinkles). My husband has a few vests and I never even thought of this. Thanks.

Your DH really doesn't need the jacket (let him decide) as dress pants and dress shirt will be very commonly worn by many men.

Bring your own shampoo, conditioner and bar soap....since it's what you're used too. What the ship provides is very low end basic...JMHO.

What is a " vest" in UK terms ? Lol is it a waistcoat ? Thanks for post as we are heading in an oasis cruise in August and love to get dressed up but my husbands not keen on packing a smart suit so dress pants and shirt will be ideal

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What is a " vest" in UK terms ? Lol is it a waistcoat ? Thanks for post as we are heading in an oasis cruise in August and love to get dressed up but my husbands not keen on packing a smart suit so dress pants and shirt will be ideal

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes, the type of vest that the poster is referring to is similar to or the same as a waistcoat. I don't know if there is a technical difference, but you get the idea.

My poor dad forgot his good shirt and ended up wearing a snark check shirt on formal nights he owned up to the matre de straight away expecting to be told to go to windjammers only to be greeted with a smile and a giggle hope he didn't do the same this year

My husband opts for a vest instead of a jacket on formal night. He was far more formal than many other diners.

Don't worry about the jacket. He will be fine without it.

Not a vest of the string variety one hopes. Possibly a waistcoat would be more appropriate.[emoji23][emoji28]

On the subject of vests, this brings about the difference between Queens English and Colonial phrasing.ImageUploadedByForums1459694988.944226.jpg.531473fd61faa25bfe269bee3f1139eb.jpg

Picture1 shows a a colonial (Australian) wearing his vest and formal headwear.

Whilst picture 2 clearly demonstrates the full vest and pants ( not to be confused with waistcoat and trousers as many US Colonials do.)

ImageUploadedByForums1459695198.266500.jpg.62edcc36e1c882d895eca9826aa5a266.jpg

Either ensemble can be worn with a bow tie.

I do believe that either are acceptable on Carnival for formal or party nights.

On the subject of vests, this brings about the difference between Queens English and Colonial phrasing.[ATTACH]381653[/ATTACH]

Picture1 shows a a colonial (Australian) wearing his vest and formal headwear.

Whilst picture 2 clearly demonstrates the full vest and pants ( not to be confused with waistcoat and trousers as many US Colonials do.)

[ATTACH]381655[/ATTACH]

Either ensemble can be worn with a bow tie.

I do believe that either are acceptable on Carnival for formal or party nights.

You have a wonderful sense of humor. Thanks for explaining the difference. :D