Have Eclipse Questions ? Ask Here !

Andy

Hi Everyone,

I'm leaving for 2 wonderful (and much needed) weeks on Celebrity Eclipse. If you have any questions, please post on this thread, and I will try my very best to answer.

On a personal note - I'm not planning on offering a "Live From" thread this cruise, though I will try to post some updates from the ship. To put it mildly, I've had a heck of a week. About 1/2 of My home was severely damaged from flooding, and I probably wont be able to return home for months. My new home is a couch in my Mom's condo LOL. We strongly thought of cancelling the cruise - but I'm totally upset & exhuasted. Family and friends said there's no reason NOT to go.... and that I should enjoy myself - so that's the decision. Frankly, the cruise is probably the best thing to happen right now.... so I'm counting on you Celebrity :)

I know how much our members enjoy my "Live From" threads, and I'm sorry for any disappointment. I will try my best to post updates from Eclipse whenever possible. Thanks for your understanding !

Looking forward to your questions !

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Andy, So sorry to hear about your home. Hope you have a fabulous cruise and bask in the restorative powers of the sea air and all the other lovely things involved in cruising!

We were on the Eclipse in December and love her.

Sorry to hear about the flood, over 500 homes were flooded in our town a couple of years ago, and it took a long time for some of them to get back in their homes.

Andy, go on your cruise and enjoy, just tell us all about when you get back. We loved Eclipse, only age and difficulty in getting travel insurance stopped us cruising.!

Hi Andy, sorry to hear about your flooding, hope the cruise gives you some much needed respite.

One question about the condition of the lawn. Bimmer99 took some photos from Silhouette where it looked a little worse for wear. Hoping its been rectified, although it has 154 days to grow back before we board for Western Med [emoji846]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi Andy, so sorry about your home:(......hope you and your family have

a great cruise......glad to know all of you are safe though.

Hi Andy,

I know you'll have a great cruise! As you know... The roll call has been very friendly & supportive. Many members will be happy you decided to sail!

Look forward to meeting you! See you onboard!

Hi Andy

Two questions for you to answer please. On deck 11 near the circular staircase toward the front of the ship there are several inside staterooms next to a large white space area. Could you please find out what is in that white space, and if standing in that hallway near the staircase can you hear any noise from the spa areas above?

The other question is about the food quality, particularly the meat dishes. Would appreciate your opinion of the food in the MDR.

Thank you in advance for your time in answering my questions.

Hi Andy

Two questions for you to answer please. On deck 11 near the circular staircase toward the front of the ship there are several inside staterooms next to a large white space area. Could you please find out what is in that white space, and if standing in that hallway near the staircase can you hear any noise from the spa areas above?

The other question is about the food quality, particularly the meat dishes. Would appreciate your opinion of the food in the MDR.

Thank you in advance for your time in answering my questions.

Hi Rose,

Great questions ! I will check out the Deck 11 circular staircase, and report back. As for the food quality... I'm a foodie. We're dining in the MDR, and love beef dishes, so that's an easy one to check out. Please stay tuned !

Hi Andy, sorry to hear about your flooding, hope the cruise gives you some much needed respite.

One question about the condition of the lawn. Bimmer99 took some photos from Silhouette where it looked a little worse for wear. Hoping its been rectified, although it has 154 days to grow back before we board for Western Med [emoji846]

Hi Nursedibdob,

I'm sailing on Eclipse, so I cannot comment on Silhouette. However, I will be happy to report on the Lawn condition on Eclipse. Please stay tuned !

Hi Andy,

I know you'll have a great cruise! As you know... The roll call has been very friendly & supportive. Many members will be happy you decided to sail!

Look forward to meeting you! See you onboard!

Thank you Cheri. I will see you at the sailaway party and the Cruise Critic mingle. Looking forward to meeting you, and our many Cruise Critic friends.

Only 1 more sleep until we head to Port of Miami, to sail on the beautiful Celebrity Eclipse. It will be great to be back onboard again !

Hi Andy, so sorry about your home:(......hope you and your family have

a great cruise......glad to know all of you are safe though.

Thank you Lois. Mom and I are fine, other than seeing the aftermath of my home. Went back today. Thankfully, most of the water is gone, but the place is a mess, so who knows what repairs will be necessary. A mold inspection is next, on Monday. Hoping that won't be an issue. Will have to stay in touch with my Insurance agent while on the cruise. I suspect I'm going to be out of there for quite some time.

Oh well. Time to enjoy our cruise, and deal with the repairs when I return home. Have to stay positive :)

Hi Andy, I know it can be a long job getting flooding sorted, hopefully insurance will help get dryers in etc

Sorry for not being clear. Bimmer99 was on silhouette taking photos of Eclipse lawn as they were docked side by side & Eclipse grass did not measure up to Silhouette's!

Andy, sounds like you really do need two weeks of R&R at sea! So sorry to hear about the flooding damage to your home. One of the posters on our Mardi Gras r/c is dealing with something similar (flooding from a burst pipe) -- it does not sound like fun! :(

Anyway, Bon Voyage -- hope that you and Millie have a great trip on Eclipse. If you happen to hear anything about the future of the Corning Hot Glass Shows, please pass it on to us. Celebrity is making so many changes to the features of their ships -- I just worry that the Hot Glass show will be the next thing to go.

Oh Andy. I'm so, so sorry about your home. I know how difficult things like that can be after my house was struck by lightning. Dealing with the insurance company was the easy part, and I hope it's like that for you. The tough part is getting the subcontractors to do the repairs in a timely manner.

Good Luck and have a great cruise.

Andy, just stopping by to wish you and your mom a wonderful cruise. I am so sorry to hear about flooding issues. What a major hassle! Sleeping in a Celebrity bed with all your meals made for you, no grocery shopping, cabin cleaning, and being able to send out laundry comes at a good time. Beats sleeping on a couch for these two weeks. Hopefully someone can help coordinate/manage the restoration and you can make needed phone calls or send emails while your are away to make sure the work gets done to your satisfaction.

Kathy

Sorry for not being clear. Bimmer99 was on silhouette taking photos of Eclipse lawn as they were docked side by side & Eclipse grass did not measure up to Silhouette's!

I believe I can help here...

We were on the 6th March Eclipse sailing. On the day we embarked they began completely re turfing one half of the large lawn area. The other half was available to use. On the day we disembarked they began re turfing the other half. So by now the Eclipse will now have a totally new, beautiful lawn. 😀

Hi Nursedibdob,

I'm sailing on Eclipse, so I cannot comment on Silhouette. However, I will be happy to report on the Lawn condition on Eclipse. Please stay tuned !

I can report on Eclipse's lawn condition as of today, April 3. When we arrived at the ship on March 20, Eclipse was recieving huge rolls of new sod which was put down and rolled out. It was beautiful, green and fluffy, excpt for a few areas. I imagine that today in Miami patches for those areas were added. The lawn that did take hold was thick and green...just lovely.

Andy, I'm so sorry about the mess the heavy rains in Boca made of your home. We just got home from Eclipse today and I was shocked to see my porch must have flooded in our absence. We live a bit further north in Palm Beach County than you. I plan to spend tomorrow cleaning up our porch. Your home's clean up sounds much more challenging. You deserve that great relaxing cruise on Eclipse.

Edited by Gangway Style

Hi Andy I will be joining Eclipse on 17/4 for a T/A I just wondered if there was many other critics on

We are on the Eclipse 17th TA---Have you read the Roll Call thread?

Many activities planned and helpful tips etc. Join us!

Maureen and Gary