Disembarking times in Barcelona

elena7seas

I have friends who will be disembarking the Equinox in Barcelona, and were wondering what would be the best time to give to their taxi company for pick-up at the cruise terminal. They are staying in Barcelona for a few days after the cruise, so they don't have to be the first people off the ship.

The ship is scheduled to dock in Barcelona by 6:00 AM. What time is the ship usually cleared in Barcelona? What would be the best time to arrange for the taxi, if they want to avoid the biggest crush of people departing the area.

I know you can't predict what will happen on any specific occasion, but I just wonder what the experience of others has been when a cruise terminates in Barcelona.

Thanks everyone!

Granted it was two years ago, but we stayed in our comfy chairs in Café al Bacio until about 9 am enjoying our coffee then strolled off the ship with a few other folks--the crowds were long gone. It was a great way to end the cruise. :)

We have disembarked in Barcelona three times. We rarely fly on the same day we disembark and never have had to go to the Barcelona airport on disembarkation day, but our observation has been that there is a rush to get to the airport early in the morning. We also have left the ship about 8:30 to 9:00 AM, and the bulk of the disembarking passengers seem to already have left.

If all guests must be ashore by 9:00, I would suggest waiting until about 8:45, just before any last minute rush, then allow 15 - 20 minutes to disembark, find the luggage and walk out of the terminal to the parking lot.

In early March, I disembarked from a Norwegian cruise ship around 8 AM on a Sunday morning and carried off my own luggage, met a prearranged car service transfer at 8:15 AM, and traveled to the airport to fly out on a 11:45 AM flight. I was able to do all that without any issues.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

We were on Vision of the Seas this past OCTOBER and had plans to remain onboard until 8:30-9:00 since we had arranged for a tour company to pick us up around 9:30, and basically we were all herded off the ship quite early. we actually disembarked around 7:30 and waited inside the cruise terminal until they kicked us stragglers out by 8:15, 8:30 am, so then we waited outside for about an hour for our tour bus to arrive. Basically, they cleared the terminal out and were setting up for new arrivals (who were already lining up to get into the terminal) by 9:15.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have friends who will be disembarking the Equinox in Barcelona, and were wondering what would be the best time to give to their taxi company for pick-up at the cruise terminal. They are staying in Barcelona for a few days after the cruise, so they don't have to be the first people off the ship.

The ship is scheduled to dock in Barcelona by 6:00 AM. What time is the ship usually cleared in Barcelona? What would be the best time to arrange for the taxi, if they want to avoid the biggest crush of people departing the area.

I know you can't predict what will happen on any specific occasion, but I just wonder what the experience of others has been when a cruise terminates in Barcelona.

Thanks everyone!

My advice would be to have a leisurely morning, stay on the ship until "final call, all passengers, debarking colour numbers x y z etc." stroll out the terminal and jump in one of the taxis waiting/bringing the new passengers to port. With a fair wind, that may be 9.30-10am.

Remember, the hotel won't be wanting their guests at an early hour!

Your room steward/ cleaners want you out of your room by 8:00 to get it ready for the next guests. We've disembarked then and had no problem getting a taxi at that time. You're free to wait in the public areas though until later.

Most hotels will let you leave your luggage in a secure location , but it's best to check that first before you drop off your bags. We still lock them and use a plastic zip tie for a little piece of mind. Then we head off to explore.

One year we pre purchased Sagrada Familia tickets online for 10:00. We showed up at 9, figuring if they wouldn't let us in, we'd grab a coffee. Luckily they let us enter an hour early. By the time we finished, and walked back to our hotel, our room was ready.