Adventure of the Seas - Embarkation Issues

Did anyone experience any embarkation chaos or long period of waiting during embarkation? Thoughts and experiences at San Juan Port for Adventure of the Seas regarding General Line and Priority Line? Is there a difference? Thanks in advance.

We sailed on 3-12, and had no issues. 6 of us arrived in a taxi and got in the luggage drop off line at 11:30 ish. That took about 10-15 minutes to get through, then went through security. My opened bottle of water made it through just fine. We had to go to the general line to get our set sail cards. Took about 10 minutes to get to the front of the line. our friends who are Diamond had to wait about 5 minutes for us. A quick group photo and onto the ship we went. Very easy and stress free.

Did anyone experience any embarkation chaos or long period of waiting during embarkation? Thoughts and experiences at San Juan Port for Adventure of the Seas regarding General Line and Priority Line? Is there a difference? Thanks in advance.

We've probably done Adventure about 6 times, and I can remember two times that we were delayed boarding until after 1pm.

• 1 month later...
We've probably done Adventure about 6 times, and I can remember two times that we were delayed boarding until after 1pm.

Good morning Bob. Any hotel suggestions for San Juan. I can't seem to find a departure board that includes San Juan.

Good morning Bob. Any hotel suggestions for San Juan. I can't seem to find a departure board that includes San Juan.

We use the Courtyard Marriott in Miramar. It's not on the beach, but it's clean, close to the port, and I can use Marriott points.

Here is the San Juan forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=131

We sailed on her this past March, had a JS and got on pretty fast. There was a long line at the port but we saw a sign for suite guests and jumped into that one. We were on the ship in about 20 minutes. We were able to drop our bags off immediately in our room then went to the WJ for lunch, beat the crowd and began a very relaxing and refreshing cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Miramar is ok except not near the good food and nightlife. Condado Hilton or Stellaris Marriott and Renaissance or even the Doubletree give you got spots. That Courtyard will always be cheaper if price is your only consideration.

Thank you.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Miramar is ok except not near the good food and nightlife. Condado Hilton or Stellaris Marriott and Renaissance or even the Doubletree give you got spots. That Courtyard will always be cheaper if price is your only consideration.

Thank you.

Here's the deal on priority vs. standard check in line. When a check in rep. opens, the next person in the PRIORITY line gets to go....so if there are 10 people in each line, the priority line will finish before the regular line.

We sailed Adventure May 28 - June 4.

We stayed overnight in OSJ at a place called Chateau Cervantes. It was good for a night or 2, but the room we had was small. I wouldn't be able to stay there an entire week in the room we were in. They were very accommodating though! and held our luggage the day of embarkation. We had a balcony and that was nice too. It was right next to a bunch of restaurants. We had an early dinner at Triana Tapas and it was fantastic.

On the 28th our plan was to walk around OSJ, visit the forts, etc before we went to the ship. About 11:30am it started raining and it didn't stop so we walked back to the hotel to get our luggage and a taxi. We got to the terminal and the lines were crazy long! This was probably about 1 or 1:30 if I recall. We had a JS so we told the driver we had priority boarding. He dropped us off right by that area and there was no one in that line! We were on the ship in 20 minutes tops!

We spoke to others later and it seemed the average wait time in those lines were about an hour.

I think the reason it was crazy that day is because of the rain. Nothing to do in the rain so why not head to the ship?

I did research beforehand on the lines and I saw both negative a positive thoughts about SJ cruise terminal.

Now, disembarkation on the 4th? That was a fiasco for us! We originally had an 8:45am meeting time to disembark (number 11). We had a 1:50pm flight so we went to guest services to get a later check out time and we changed to 9:45am (number 21). They got up to 15 or 16 and then didn't call a number for over an hour. We ended up leaving anyway or we would have missed our flight.

Someone in my roll call said that they were warned by Royal crew that CBP was "working slowly" the previous few weeks in order to get overtime pay and that another issue that caused problems was people jumping in line. They said they saw several people jumping in line.

So my advice is to try and get an early departure time!