Room Service 10pm?

What ship?

Most ships (other than Quantum class) charge extra from midnight until 5am. I have heard of an occasional ship changing those times a bit.

Might have been Brilliance of the Seas (of where that photo was from)

Justmekaren918 gets the credit for it.

Just read that in another thread, which is slightly disappointing.

After I do my evening activities, I usually get back to the room by 10pm to order my food. Now, I'll either have to do this by 9pm or pick something up on my way back.

Edited by Virtopia

Just read that in another thread, which is slightly disappointing.

After I do my evening activities, I usually get back to the room by 10pm to order my food. Now, I'll either have to do this by 9pm or pick something up on my way back.

The 10pm time might not be on all ships. It was midnight on Vision last month.

That is one of the cheesiest up-charges in cruising today. It's not like they are paying the crew more for working those hours! From a customer service standpoint they would be smarter to find somewhere else for an extra charge and leave room service alone - its seems to be a punitive charge.

I was on the voyager in February and the room service charge started at 10pm and ended at 5am

Weird - this is what their website says:

"*Late night service charge applies to room service orders between midnight and 5:00 a.m."

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipClassCode=VY&shipCode=VY&br=R

Weird - this is what their website says:

"*Late night service charge applies to room service orders between midnight and 5:00 a.m."

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipClassCode=VY&shipCode=VY&br=R

And on the voyager they were strict about the 10pm cut off for the complimentary room service . At about 10.03PM ONE night I ordered some cookies and milk and they said they will be charging the $3.95 late night service charge. So I did not get the cookies lol.

Edited by qualifiedcruiseologist

And on the voyager they were strict about the 10pm cut off for the complimentary room service . At about 10.03PM ONE night I ordered some cookies and milk and they said they will be charging the $3.95 late night service charge. So I did not get the cookies lol.

I would be pointing them to their own website!

Another situation where you can likely thank your fellow passengers. My guess is they are finding people ordering after 10 and either not responding when it gets to their cabin or skipping a tip altogether. Whether that is due to falling asleep, having imbibed too much or something else who knows. Remember however, the 3.95 does include the tip so depending on what you are ordering it may not be too bad.

Either way not a good thing.

Edited by akcruz

in less than 2 years they have increased the prices and removed a lot of free stuff that you used to get on a cruise.

There was never anything free on any cruise. Many things are "included" in your fare and many things have been kicked out of the "included", very tacky on RCL's part.

Another situation where you can likely thank your fellow passengers. My guess is they are finding people ordering after 10 and either not responding when it gets to their cabin or skipping a tip altogether. Remember however, the 3.95 does include the tip so depending on what you are ordering it may not be too bad.

Either way not a good thing.

How can anyone be skipping a tip that is already included in the daily auto gratuity?

How can anyone be skipping a tip that is already included in the daily auto gratuity?

Room service is not included in the daily auto gratuity. It is expected that if you use room service, which many do not, you tip at that time.