No Bakerloo line at Paddington until August 2016

Just a heads up for anyone planning to use trains (Express or Connect) from Paddington to/from Heathrow. Until mid-August, the underground Bakerloo line is now non-stopping at Paddington - this could make the journey more inconvenient.

The Circle/District and Hammersmith & City lines will still call at Paddington, but around half of Paddington underground passengers used the Bakerloo, so other services are likely to be (even) more crowded.

Can you please tell me more. I do not know what the bakerloo line is. I have a direct train from temple mead Bristol to paddington in June. Will I be impacted by this?

Can you please tell me more. I do not know what the bakerloo line is. I have a direct train from temple mead Bristol to paddington in June. Will I be impacted by this?
I posted this news to your thread about your Bristol to London train journey - see this post.

As you have decided to take a taxi from Paddington to your hotel, this will not affect this journey.

To try to be clearer:

The Bakerloo line is part of the London Underground ("the tube").

It is one of several underground lines that passes through Paddington station, but until mid-August Bakerloo trains will not stop at Paddington (there is engineering work taking place).

The other Underground lines at Paddington continue to serve the station.

This does not affect in any way trains coming into the Paddington mainline station from Heathrow, the west of England and the Cotswolds.

The underground is used by many passengers for onward travel within London. Losing access to one of the lines is likely to make the other services busier and also makes some journeys less convenient.