Vision side by side to Oasis Photo

This was taken on March 31 in Cozumel. Quite the size difference[emoji568]. I still remember when I couldn't get over the size of Majesty of the Seas during her first year sailing. Times have changed.

[ATTACH]381666[/ATTACH]

I sailed on Monarch of the Seas back in 1993 and I thought she was HUGE back then! I haven't been on a cruise since but am sailing on Allure in August. I cant wait until I get my first look at her. Thanks for posting the pic. The size difference is just incredible!

Edited by ramanda

Amazing comparison. When we sailed out of NYC on Celebrity Horizon, approx. 15 years ago to Bermuda, we were docked next to Carnival Triumph which we thought was HUGE. To me, it looked like an apt. bldg it seemed so massive. Majesty in the late 90s seemed huge to us too. Imagine a centrum a few decks high in the middle of a ship! Who would have thunk???

Amazing comparison. When we sailed out of NYC on Celebrity Horizon, approx. 15 years ago to Bermuda, we were docked next to Carnival Triumph which we thought was HUGE. To me, it looked like an apt. bldg it seemed so massive. Majesty in the late 90s seemed huge to us too. Imagine a centrum a few decks high in the middle of a ship! Who would have thunk???

Celebrity's Horizon from NYC to Bermuda was our first cruise. It is completely responsible for the non-ending drain on my back account that followed.

My first RCI ship was Sovereign of the Seas then I went back to their small ships, Song of Norway, Song of America! :) Sovereign layout was too strange, good cruise, odd layout.

I absolutely loved Brilliance of the Seas and will be on the Serenade March 2017 for 21 days, Australia and NZ! Can't wait! :) :D

As I'm sailing for itinerary at this stage of my life, don't go to the Caribbean, I may end up trying one of the RCI bigger ships some day.

I can remember being on the Rhapsody (also in Cozumel years ago) pool deck and looking over towards the Freedom docked next to us. It was my first glimpse of a Freedom class ship. I can remember being amazed that I was looking straight into someone's balcony!

I was also amazed that, down on the dock that day, Security turned away passengers from the Freedom who were trying to board the Rhapsody.

We are happy with Radiance Class up to Freedom. When I look at the oasis Class open down the middle I have terrible visions if that ship ever got into trouble the water has a path right down the middle and could sink more easily. Just my perspective.

Seriously? You haven't put a smiley so I'll assume you mean it.

If waters making it up to deck 6, you'll have bigger problems.

We were on that sailing & got that same shot! Here's a butt-to-butt comparison of the Oasis & a Carnival ship (I THINK the Fascination) at the Coz port:eek: I know they're 2 very different classes of ship but still....

1574121888_P1000769(2).jpg.00e4ddb169e7778ed367e723ceec283d.jpg

We enjoyed our cruise on the Oasis for the most part but have decided this class of ship is not for us - we prefer the Freedom Class

Bob that is good to know,:) We have not been on an Oasis Class, I guess we should take the plunge and see her for ourselves.

papcx, I did mean it, unlike a solid hull where the water would enter from below & up, I truly see the water flooding the center from the aft much faster. Having never been on the ship, I am sure as Bob stated, it has been designed to avoid that happening. :) Our largest ship as been a Freedom Class, if we were to book a crusie soon on one of the Oasis class, we would no doubt spend our week on the ship to enjoy every moment.

Gay

So much Oasis vs. Vision Class talk here. Has everyone forgotten that the Radiance Class ships are the best in the fleet? :)

Must be an Ocala thing. Seems only those of us who live here always remember that. :)

Must be an Ocala thing. Seems only those of us who live here always remember that. :)

I think you're correct, having one in Tampa for part of the year allows us to experience their perfection. There's only four of them after all, so they're a fairly rare bird in the world of cruise ships.

I think you're correct, having one in Tampa for part of the year allows us to experience their perfection. There's only four of them after all, so they're a fairly rare bird in the world of cruise ships.

It's what I miss most about cruising now that we've moved away. But we flew back down to be on Brilliance last week (and visit family) for spring break.

Does someone have such a picture of Jewel and Anthem? or NCL Epic?

My sister will come with me on here first cruise. We will be on Jewel and she thinks it's a huge ship.

I would like to show here the comparison to the ships I was/will be on.

I tried to google but didn't find any pictures of the Radiance and Quantum class.

True, and given nothing larger will fit under the bridge, we can probably expect to have one of them in Tampa for the foreseeable future. Lucky us! :D

Now if they'd replace the Vision class ship doing the Tampa 7+ day cruises with a second Radiance class, that would be ideal.

Too bad we missed you guys, it was a lot of fun last time.

Yeah, that was fun. Friendly group.

This time around we got the GS by the elevators with the huge balcony. The CL is always fun when there are a bunch of friendly D+ and Pinnacles. We earned Diamond on this one, but I'm going to find it hard to give up the suites. :)

Celebrity's Horizon from NYC to Bermuda was our first cruise. It is completely responsible for the non-ending drain on my back account that followed.

I remember you mentioned that awhile ago on a different thread. We were on the July 1994 "Legionnaire's Disease" cruise,:eek: We loved it so much we sailed on her again the following year. Everyone thought we were nuts!

• 10 months later...
I remember you mentioned that awhile ago on a different thread. We were on the July 1994 "Legionnaire's Disease" cruise,:eek: We loved it so much we sailed on her again the following year. Everyone thought we were nuts!

What cruise was that?