Vision side by side to Oasis Photo

This was taken on March 31 in Cozumel. Quite the size difference[emoji568]. I still remember when I couldn't get over the size of Majesty of the Seas during her first year sailing. Times have changed.

ImageUploadedByForums1459701417.936955.jpg.c1101ad8f7883ba4e41140037609cc9d.jpg

Wow! This is really interesting. I'm only going on my third cruise and have simply picked for itinerary and dates, so I really have no gauge on the ships. I've been on Explorer and am going on Brilliance next. How would those two ships fit in a lineup between these two? (My first cruise ship was Princess--no clue what ship.)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Wow! This is really interesting. I'm only going on my third cruise and have simply picked for itinerary and dates, so I really have no gauge on the ships. I've been on Explorer and am going on Brilliance next. How would those two ships fit in a lineup between these two? (My first cruise ship was Princess--no clue what ship.)

In order of size, starting with the largest:

Oasis

Explorer

Brilliance

Vision

That reminded me of one of our cruises on Explorer. We were standing around talking to a few people discussing different ships and one of the women turns to her husband and asked him which ship we were on.:eek::D

That reminded me of one of our cruises on Explorer. We were standing around talking to a few people discussing different ships and one of the women turns to her husband and asked him which ship we were on.:eek::D

It's possible that I knew while I was on it--but it was 10 years ago. Then again, it was long before I knew about Cruise Critic or that there were various classes of ships or that the ship would matter to a lot of cruisers--or even that the cruise lines themselves were very different. At the time, I just cared where we were going, so it is entirely likely that I never knew which ship we were on. I suppose I could research old Princess roll calls and possibly figure it out, lol.

Not to be picky but Vision is a Vision class ship. The Sovereign class ships were before Vision class and they had weird "layer cake" stacking for public rooms (aft). The dining rooms were in the center off the ship. Vision class changed back to theater or main entertainment forward, dining aft.

I was on a transatlantic to England 2nd day of many sea days and rather surprised at dinner when a woman turned to her husband and said, are we stopping at a port soon so I can shop??? How do you get on a ship in New York and not know it is a transatlantic crossing? Maybe she thought the ship was going to Bermuda, in 1996 there were not as many choices from the East coast.

Not to be picky but Vision is a Vision class ship. The Sovereign class ships were before Vision class and they had weird "layer cake" stacking for public rooms (aft). The dining rooms were in the center off the ship. Vision class changed back to theater or main entertainment forward, dining aft.

I was on a transatlantic to England 2nd day of many sea days and rather surprised at dinner when a woman turned to her husband and said, are we stopping at a port soon so I can shop??? How do you get on a ship in New York and not know it is a transatlantic crossing? Maybe she thought the ship was going to Bermuda, in 1996 there were not as many choices from the East coast.

And I'm not booking one of those either.:p

This was taken on March 31 in Cozumel. Quite the size difference[emoji568]. I still remember when I couldn't get over the size of Majesty of the Seas during her first year sailing. Times have changed.

[ATTACH]381666[/ATTACH]

Yep, was on same sail and got the same picture.

That could totally be my husband. He just goes where I book, and doesn't really care what ship we're on.

To me, and thankfully we all get our opinions about what WE do, Oasis doesn't even look like a ship. I'm happy with the size of Freedom. Smaller than Vision I wouldn't want. So somewhere from Vision up to Freedom classes is where I'm happy. :)

More than size, I seriously take safety into consideration. Some say Oasis class ships are less safe because they carry more people, but they have better security elements. We can see that fires usually happen on the older ships. I would feel safer on an Oasis than in a Vision.

We are happy with Radiance Class up to Freedom. When I look at the oasis Class open down the middle I have terrible visions if that ship ever got into trouble the water has a path right down the middle and could sink more easily. Just my perspective.

No worries, the water would flow right through the centrum, out the Boardwalk, and off the ship.