Constellation, balcony coverage on cabin 6144 or 7208?

4nutty

Please help, it will be my first time on Constellation, although I have done 20 something cruises! I have the option of C1 cabins 6144 on the starboard side of the ship or 7208 on the aft. The balcony is very important to me, anyone know how covered/open both of these are? I understand 6144 is slightly wider in the cabin, than any other C1, so I am assuming so is the balcony? (Maybe not as tunnel like as the balcony on 7208).

Any help us much appreciated, thanks.

The extra width of 6144 is about 10 inches and is only noticed at the foot of the bed(s). Much easier to walk from the cabin door to that wonderful balcony. The aft C1's are deeper but being between suites makes 6144 prime real estate. We had a super steward the 2 times we cruised in this cabin.

Thanks for the photo groryjm. the balcony on 6144 looks fairly covered, please could you confirm this, biker 1972, seeing as you have stayed in this cabin. Maybe I would be better with 7208? Really appreciate all the help.

We were in 6143 on the Connie. It is covered for

the most part but you still get sun at certain times

of the day. The cabin is a little wider but not all

that much. We had that cabin booked a second

time but we watch the cabins and a F.V. came open

and we switch to one. The F.V.S have very spacious

balconies with both shade and sun. Hope this helps.

You can see on the pictures the size of 7208.

That is spacious and if you look at the pictures

we were in 7199. Sometimes they came open

if the sailing is within 60 days. It was Just the 2

of us in the F.V. They have 2 separate rooms

and plenty of space.

Decision made, booked 7208! However will keep my eye on the FV cabins ;) thank you for your help.

When are you booked for? If it's after our sailing, I'll try and post some photos ;).

Btw, this is a corner FV.

image.jpg1_zpsthuaxfep.jpg

we are not exactly new to Celebrity( cruised several times with this line years ago) but definitely new to Connie and really need some help selecting a cabin for a R/T Venice cruise in June 2017.

We need a walk in shower ..no tub/shower ....and like everyone would like a large cabin and balcony (covered if possible) on the port side ...concierge level probably needed since we need priority disembarkation to catch a early train to Florence.

Any suggestions/pictures would certainly be appreciated. Thanks!

We had booked 6144 on the Summit for our next two cruises. After careful consideration, we changed to 7206 (right next door to "your" 7208).

We haven't had an aft-facing cabin in a long time so I'm hoping we're okay with it as we usually prefer midship. But, the size of the balcony is what did it for us - it's huge compared to 6144. I'm hoping we get some good sun out on it.

Would've booked the FVs but they've been sold out on all our upcoming cruises for a very long time. Bottom line - I think you made a good choice.

• 2 months later...
We are doing Singapore round trip in March 2017! So lots of time yet, some photos would be fantastic, thank you so much. Have a good cruise!

We are staying in 7208 next week, so will let you know and post some pics on return.

• 4 weeks later...
Its a fantastic balcony- not tunnel like as some pictures portray. I would definitely pick one of these aft cabins again!

Were there four chairs around the table as well as the 2 loungers?

We are doing Singapore round trip in March 2017! So lots of time yet, some photos would be fantastic, thank you so much. Have a good cruise!

Let me warn you about taking an uncovered aft balcony in hot places like Singapore.

We had a Sunset Veranda, aft balcony on the Century with a huge balcony, almost all of it exposed to the sun. The cruise was from Singapore to Dubai with four stops in India and one in Oman.

Singapore is very close to the Equator. Late March and early April it is very hot in these lattitudes. Had we had a covered balcony, we would have been fine, but we did not.

We hardly used our balcony on that cruise.

Yes 4 chairs around a table (2 reclining) and 2 sunloungers with a small table. The majority was covered but enough room to sit in the sun at the front of the balcony if you want.

Yes 4 chairs around a table (2 reclining) and 2 sunloungers with a small table. The majority was covered but enough room to sit in the sun at the front of the balcony if you want.

Great, thanks. Nice to know we have a little exposed as well as some covered ;). We love that on the FVs too. It makes me smile when I read the posts regarding the exposed balconies, most UK cruisers welcome the sight of the sun as we don't see it that often :D. We're still waiting for summer to arrive :p.