how do free drinks in bars and Diamond lounge work for Diamond members?

Just wondering if you can use your diamond drink in the theatre during the happy hour?

Anyone get bottled water recently on allure with their diamond drink voucher? Thanks

We've been able to use our drink vouchers in the theater.

• 5 months later...
Thanks for the info. Kinda crazy that you can't use them when you want:(

The concept behind them was to alleviate some of the crowding in the lounges during the happy hour. If folks could use them anytime then that would not help the overcrowding problem

Thanks for the info. Kinda crazy that you can't use them when you want:(

I suspect the reason for the three drinks being loaded onto the seapasses is to take some of the crowding off of the Diamond Lounge during happy hour. If they let you use the drinks whenever you want during the day I imagine many people would use them up and then still be in the Diamond Lounge for happy hour so no help with the crowding.

Edit: I see that Molly just said the same thing.

• 5 years later...

Will someone be kind enough to advise how the Diamond Lounge currently works?  I just read that as Diamond members, we will get 4 drink vouchers per day, but there is still Diamond Lounge.  We haven't sailed with Royal in over 10 years (once the kids grew up) but now have grandkids and we will be going back.     

Do you still get free drinks in the Diamond Lounge or has that benefit been replaced by the vouchers? 

Honestly, getting re-educated about the rules, perks, etc. again appears daunting!  🙂        

Thanks to anyone who can help.  

1 minute ago, Islander500 said:

Do you still get free drinks in the Diamond Lounge or has that benefit been replaced by the vouchers? 

The latter + starting today, you have to sign for them.

Edited by Biker19

2 hours ago, Islander500 said:

You can get drinks in the Diamond Lounge but they are not "free."  You will need to use one of your vouchers for each drink in the Diamond Lounge just like at most of the other bars on the ship. 

16 hours ago, Islander500 said:

Will someone be kind enough to advise how the Diamond Lounge currently works?  I just read that as Diamond members, we will get 4 drink vouchers per day, but there is still Diamond Lounge.  We haven't sailed with Royal in over 10 years (once the kids grew up) but now have grandkids and we will be going back.     

Honestly, getting re-educated about the rules, perks, etc. again appears daunting!  🙂        

Thanks to anyone who can help.  

You likely had alcohol in mind, but just in case, the DL still has a self serve coffee machine (available at all times except overnight sometimes) for unlimited cappuccinos, lattes, etc.

Also, if your grandkids are Diamond, they get 4 free non-alcoholic drinks as well. Can be used for virgin frozen drinks, soda, smoothies if available, bottled water, etc.

47 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

At least he searched and found an existing thread instead of starting up a new one. 

Start a new thread and people tell you to do a search. Do a search and get whacked for bringing up an old thread. Sometimes you just can't win on CC.

Sometimes it is fun to see what I wrote years ago.🙂

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Start a new thread and people tell you to do a search. Do a search and get whacked for bringing up an old thread. Sometimes you just can't win on CC.

I get ya, but the information is this thread is no longer valid.  Besides there are plenty of newer threads, with correct information.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cigar King said:

I get ya, but the information is this thread is no longer valid.  Besides there are plenty of newer threads, with correct information.

True - which is why I agree that after a certain period of time threads should be deleted as the information is obsolete and leads to more confusion. 

3 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

True - which is why I agree that after a certain period of time threads should be deleted as the information is obsolete and leads to more confusion. 

They are not deleted but CC usually locks threads more than about 7 years old.