OMG What Have We Done????

. This time I'll have an entire huge corporation working for me.

One thing to remember is, its been several years since youve heard Carnival in a negative light as far as the media goes. Seems Royal is making the cut every month :o

My last Carnival cruise was my first cruise ever. 8 years ago on the oldest, most tired ship that was currently in their fleet. Holiday hooked me on cruising and Im very much looking forward to the new and improved Magic in 25 days!

I will be looking forward to your review. :)

One thing to remember is, its been several years since youve heard Carnival in a negative light as far as the media goes. Seems Royal is making the cut every month :o

My last Carnival cruise was my first cruise ever. 8 years ago on the oldest, most tired ship that was currently in their fleet. Holiday hooked me on cruising and Im very much looking forward to the new and improved Magic in 25 days!

I will be looking forward to your review. :)

I have been around way too long to pay any attention to the media. Whether in politics, aviation, or cruise lines, those idiots will see a gray horse, the mainstream will call it a blue cow, Fox will call it a green horse with gray spots, tabloids papers will scream that it's a naked female animal and talk radio will call it a duck. There is no such thing as objective news anymore.

I am really glad you enjoyed Carnival. We did in 2007 (although things weren't exactly smooth sailing) but I have been known to make fun of good times as well as bad, especially my own.

Edited by JohnGaltny

No need for that but thank you.

We have actually been to Canada many times, mostly renting houseboats on the St. Lawrence. I love Kingston and Gananoque and we have done the entire Rideau Canal up into Ottawa.

We used to especially enjoy the Rideau if only because your Parks Canada staff was such a genuine pleasure after the NY DMV. Someday I should also tell you the story of being stuck between two groups, one French and one English, in Kingston Marina with the beer cans flying over head like mortar shells.

Now. NOW would be a good time.

Pretty please? ;) :p :D

John, just read your review of Victory and I can't stop laughing. I love your writing style and am looking forward to your next Carnival review.

We had Malcolm on the Splendor

The Splendor was as pink as Victory's green

I felt like I was in a Nancy Drew novel with the décor.

It won't be that bad, The pizza is very good and open 24 hours as is the ice cream

Think of how many people you will make laugh with your review.

Hope the fog lifts for your cruise and pack warm.

Less than a month after the pretty much successful Kiss Goodbye to Majesty we decided we would like a Canada cruise in September.

Last night we booked it on.......wait for it.........CARNIVAL.:eek:

The reasons are many even if the intelligence is questionable.

1) It leaves from New York so NO TSA, NO airports, NO ground transfers and NO night before hotel.

2) It is less expensive by several hundred dollars for the same balcony cabin on NCL or Royal. I consider this a mission to find out if it's also cheaper.

3) It goes where we want to go. It has been years since we went to Canada in September and we miss not seeing tall the sights we could have seen if we could have seen them through the fog.

4) Based on our one other Carnival fun ship (Victory - 2007, see my sig for that one) there will be enough disasters to make my next review truly demented. I tell people all the time that it's much harder to be funny when things go perfectly. This time I'll have an entire huge corporation working for me.

So it appears there will be another set of crazed rants and ravings in September but it will be "over there". I'll put a link here for the truly strange and weird who follow my little ramblings.

Wait-your avatar/picture is House? SUBSCRIBED

Less than a month after the pretty much successful Kiss Goodbye to Majesty we decided we would like a Canada cruise in September.

1) It leaves from New York so NO TSA, NO airports, NO ground transfers and NO night before hotel.

2) It is less expensive by several hundred dollars for the same balcony cabin on NCL or Royal. I consider this a mission to find out if it's also cheaper.

3) It goes where we want to go. It has been years since we went to Canada in September and we miss not seeing tall the sights we could have seen if we could have seen them through the fog.

4) Based on our one other Carnival fun ship (Victory - 2007, see my sig for that one) there will be enough disasters to make my next review truly demented. I tell people all the time that it's much harder to be funny when things go perfectly. This time I'll have an entire huge corporation working for me.

So it appears there will be another set of crazed rants and ravings in September but it will be "over there". I'll put a link here for the truly strange and weird who follow my little ramblings.

I don't understand why people knock Carnival. If it isn't to your liking why cruise on them and then complain? Just move on. It must not be that bad or they still wouldn't be in business. Someone mentioned they liked your style of writing. I haven't read anything you wrote except for your first post here. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't complain about it. I would just move on.

I don't understand why people knock Carnival. If it isn't to your liking why cruise on them and then complain? Just move on. It must not be that bad or they still wouldn't be in business. Someone mentioned they liked your style of writing. I haven't read anything you wrote except for your first post here. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't complain about it. I would just move on.

So when exactly was tour humorectomy? It may be important for your meds.

John, just read your review of Victory and I can't stop laughing. I love your writing style and am looking forward to your next Carnival review.

We had Malcolm on the Splendor

The Splendor was as pink as Victory's green

I felt like I was in a Nancy Drew novel with the décor.

It won't be that bad, The pizza is very good and open 24 hours as is the ice cream

Think of how many people you will make laugh with your review.

Hope the fog lifts for your cruise and pack warm.

Actually if you read my review I complimented their midrats. They blew away Princess and RCI on that.

Anyway, stay tuned for September.

Edited by JohnGaltny

Guest maddycat
Anyway, stay tuned for September.

I'm looking forward to another one of your entertaining reviews. I hope that you enjoy your cruise.

By the way, if you google "ny cruise pier parking", you'll get advertisements for deeply discounted parking near the pier. I don't know how good or reliable the parking is but you might want to check it out. It sure beats paying $40 a day.

Edited by maddycat

Oh my god.

I'm pretty sure the original post was just poking fun and not meant to be serious.

Between you and Sailor Jack, we can enjoy more cruises than just our own. Especially the not great parts because you make them fun. Too bad more cruisers can't look at bumps in their smooth sailing as adventures.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have been around way too long to pay any attention to the media. Whether in politics, aviation, or cruise lines, those idiots will see a gray horse, the mainstream will call it a blue cow, Fox will call it a green horse with gray spots, tabloids papers will scream that it's a naked female animal and talk radio will call it a duck. There is no such thing as objective news anymore..

Truer words have never been spoken. Can't wait to read your review!

Can't wait for the review EH ! . Have a great trip I'm sure everything will be fine .

Just realized where you are from. Can anyone guess what tipped me off?

Between you and Sailor Jack, we can enjoy more cruises than just our own. Especially the not great parts because you make them fun. Too bad more cruisers can't look at bumps in their smooth sailing as adventures.

Thanks Jagfan. I miss Sailor Jack big time. He doesn't like the short cruises I do but maybe I can get him to come along to Barcelona. I really need to have Mrs. Galt and Sailor Jill compare notes.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Of all the sad words of tongue or pen..................

Edited by JohnGaltny

Also doing a Canada, N.E. cruise but on Grandeur and in August. My first two cruises were with Carnival, the next 56 have been with RCL. That should tell you I'll never sail Carnival again after my first two experiences with them. I see today another one of their ships have propulsion issues which is affecting at least two cruises. Wish you much better luck on Carnival than I had, fingers crossed for you.....K.O.:) Edited by Thetrail

Also doing a Canada, N.E. cruise but on Grandeur and in August. My first two cruises were with Carnival, the next 56 have been with RCL. That should tell you I'll never sail Carnival again after my first two experiences with them. I see today another one of their ships have propulsion issues which is affecting at least two cruises. Wish you much better luck on Carnival than I had, fingers crossed for you.....K.O.:)

:D Thanks for the good wishes K.O.

If you read the Victory review in my sig you'll see that our only Carnival wasn't exactly farting through silk the whole time. It has taken 9 years to recover. Still, that was before we had sailed RCI or NCL so maybe now I will have a more experienced perspective. We shall see.

:D Thanks for the good wishes K.O.

If you read the Victory review in my sig you'll see that our only Carnival wasn't exactly farting through silk the whole time. It has taken 9 years to recover. Still, that was before we had sailed RCI or NCL so maybe now I will have a more experienced perspective. We shall see.

Again wish you the best, regardless of good, bad or ugly will enjoy your witty observations.....K.O.:)

So when exactly was tour humorectomy? It may be important for your meds.

I have no connection to Carnival, but am just tired of people knocking them. If it was supposed to be funny it wasn't. I have never been on them and probably never will because I don't think they would be a good fit for us. Your comment of meds, how very grown up of you. :roll eyes: Maybe someone just needs to keep something shut and yes, I did just stoop down to your level.

You can make all the comments you want if it makes you feel better, but I will no longer waste my time coming back to this thread.