Compiling a "Girly" drink list

Ryansdaddy

First off this post is not intended to be sexist! LOL:p

I wanted to do something different and fun on this cruise in May so I bought a drink package. I wanted to try a bunch of fruity different drinks I normally wouldn't try here at home. My hang up with trying them at home is I don't want to waste money on something I may or may not enjoy. With the drink package I can try every fruity drink out there.

I'm comfortable in my own skin so walking around with a little pink umbrella drink with a cherry in it is totally fine with me. I can occasionally grab a beer or glass of wine from time to time to reaffirm my manhood. Might even crush a beer can on my forehead if I really felt a bit emasculated.

So lets hear it! What are some tasty "Girly" drinks I should try while on the cruise. :D:D

pina colada

Sex on the beach

Rum Runner

Bahama Mama

Malibu & Pineapple

Any "drink of the day" on the ship

Bloody Mary -- good for first of the day

Tequila Sunrise - Again good for first drink of the day

White Russian - Completely different than many of your normal drinks

Mojito - I am going to try one on my next cruise as I've never had a real one

Blue Hawaiian - Elvis's Drink

Fuzzy Navel

MAI TAI - These can be very strong if made correctly

LONG ISLAND ICED TEA - With a drink package its nice but too many bar tenders tend to mess this one up.

pina colada

Sex on the beach

Rum Runner

Bahama Mama

Malibu & Pineapple

Any "drink of the day" on the ship

Bloody Mary -- good for first of the day

Tequila Sunrise - Again good for first drink of the day

White Russian - Completely different than many of your normal drinks

Mojito - I am going to try one on my next cruise as I've never had a real one

Blue Hawaiian - Elvis's Drink

Fuzzy Navel

MAI TAI - These can be very strong if made correctly

LONG ISLAND ICED TEA - With a drink package its nice but too many bar tenders tend to mess this one up.

I guess I like the "girly" drinks ;) There isnt a drink on your list I dont like accept the mojito. Sorry, but I think they are nasty! You may feel different though. I got my hopes up real high because of all the hype surrounding this drink. I got one and threw it out :o this was before drink packages existed.

Not real crazy about fuzzy navels either

Edited by ryano

Mango daiquiri..... Wear neon to complement the color!!:D

Oh that sounds lovely!

Not so much the neon but the drink. I draw the line at Girly drinks. Wearing neon I would hope AND expect someone to shake me and say "Snap out of it Man!!"

I guess I like the "girly" drinks ;) There isnt a drink on your list I dont like accept the mojito. Sorry, but I think they are nasty! You may feel different though. I got my hopes up real high because of all the hype surrounding this drink. I got one and threw it out :o this was before drink packages existed.

Hmm. Can't imagine being that turned off by a mojito, unless it just wasn't made properly, or if you just don't like the flavors of lime and mint together. Generally a very nice and refreshing drink. I don't like them if they're syrupy sweet, and I suppose you could go too far in the other direction and have not enough sweetness.

Edited by Paul65
corrected typo

Also, since you'll be on Liberty, go see the master mixologist, Melvin, at the R Bar. He can mix you up a variety of very tasty fresh-fruit based martinis. Better yet, sign up for one of his mixology seminars. (We didn't have a package, and the seminars are not usually part of drink package, but I think he was cutting a deal on the normal cost for those who did have a drink package.)

A Melvin-tini (story went that he concocted this for a guest who's favorite color was green, and she wanted a green drink, which she loved and insisted on naming after him) was quite nice, with muddled fresh kiwi and a little Midori, along with top-shelf vodka, and if I remember correctly, some peach liqueur. A little girly, but with a strong kick, as well.

Edited by Paul65

That might have been the case :o Maybe I will give it another try

If you do, just make sure it's a real one, made with fresh limes and fresh mint. Some of the "instant" mixers for mojitos are not very good.

Not real crazy about fuzzy navels either

I don't like mojitos either, tastes too much like toothpaste! I will take a Lava Flow or a Frozen Mudslide anyday.

Oh...and if you get in the mood to reaffirm your manhood with a nice glass of wine, definitely stop by Vintages to see Harbinder. Tell him what kind of wines you like, and what price point (ie whether you're looking to stay within the package or don't mind going $3-4 dollars over, etc.), and he'll pour you a taste of what he thinks you'll like. If you don't care for it, he'll try again until you're happy. :cool:

Bailey's, Banana, Coconut (B-B-C)

(Blended w ice)

serve in Cocktail Glass

1 1/3 oz Bailey's[emoji768] Irish cream

2/3 oz creme de banana

Coconut rum

2 oz pina colada mix

1/2 a banana

Edited by Brigbound