Compiling a "Girly" drink list

Ryansdaddy

Lots of you mention Long Island Iced Tea which is my favorite but it is very hit or miss being made correctly where I live. How is it on the ship from your experiences. If it's not made correctly can I get another one on ship? Hate to waste $12. We won't have drink pkg next week.

Hmm. Can't imagine being that turned off by a mojito, unless it just wasn't made properly, or if you just don't like the flavors of lime and mint together. Generally a very nice and refreshing drink. I don't like them if they're syrupy sweet, and I suppose you could go too far in the other direction and have not enough sweetness.

I had my first and only mohito in San Juan several years ago on a very hot day at the Bacardi factory. My lunch that day had been the orange slice and cherry garnish on a strawberry daiquiri. I drank the free mohito right before taking the tour and had to rush outside very quickly, with nobody noticing. Eventually my then-husband and a security guard located me. No more mohitos for me, ever, for any reason.

BTW, I am 63 years old, way too old to be telling drinking stories :D

Great drink ideas (And stories! Doesn't matter how old you are they are always great to hear and a good laugh) Keep em coming. I've managed to pull a lot of great drink ideas from this and I thank all of you for taking the time to do so. :)

Great drink ideas (And stories! Doesn't matter how old you are they are always great to hear and a good laugh) Keep em coming. I've managed to pull a lot of great drink ideas from this and I thank all of you for taking the time to do so. :)

Make sure you ask the bartenders what they would suggest too. I saw one couple having something that looked different and the bartender told me it was a Pina Colada made with Kahlua. There are sometimes bar menus with pictures of different drinks too.

My fiancé loves Mai Tai's especially day 1 on Carnival. Super strong.

Also any frozen drink can be elevated with a Myers floater, which is always a nice "manly" touch.

Stay away from a Kiss on the Lips. Its not worth your money. Literally straight liqueor. Nothing like a sugar stomach. No thanks.

I love Miami Vices on the first day, then get a shot of dark rum on the side or as a floater. So yummy!

My fiancé loves Mai Tai's especially day 1 on Carnival. Super strong.

Also any frozen drink can be elevated with a Myers floater, which is always a nice "manly" touch.

Stay away from a Kiss on the Lips. Its not worth your money. Literally straight liqueor. Nothing like a sugar stomach. No thanks.

I love Miami Vices on the first day, then get a shot of dark rum on the side or as a floater. So yummy!

Miami Vice is on my short list. Those sound really good. I'll do the floaters at night. I don't want to be stumbling early on. Just a nice all day buzz will be perfect. I'll save the stumbling to my last couple late night drinks.:D

Well...I think this thread was meant to be specific to the offerings on Royal Caribbean, but the folks running the forum tend to over-moderate at times. But maybe you will get some interesting other ideas from this board.

Well...I think this thread was meant to be specific to the offerings on Royal Caribbean, but the folks running the forum tend to over-moderate at times. But maybe you will get some interesting other ideas from this board.

I'll take all the suggestions. Some of them stated they were from the ship. If something sounds good I'll write it down and see if they can make it. :)

You do know that you can pretty much ask for anything you want. No need to stick to the std published drinks.

Would love to hear what Abacab would translate to.:eek::p

ROFL Well when Pedro Collins and his band come to a city near you check them out!!:p

Don't forget to get a Souvenir tour t-**** and a complimentary Churro when you go!

ROFL Well when Pedro Collins and his band come to a city near you check them out!!:p

Don't forget to get a Souvenir tour t-**** and a complimentary Churro when you go!

Have seen Phil Collins solo and Genesis concerts many times. I would absolutely go see Pedro Collins! I hope the rumors of him coming out of retirement are true, even if he can't drum anymore. Might just have to try a Pedro Collins in his honor on our upcoming Oasis cruise. Might even pack a concert t-shirt to go with it.;):D

You do know that you can pretty much ask for anything you want. No need to stick to the std published drinks.

Sure, you can ask for anything you want, but they might not have it. (No Moscow Mules, for example, as they don't carry ginger beer.)

IMO, you can't get more "girly" than a Cosmopolitan. Anybody ever watch "Sex in the City" on TV a few years ago? Cosmos are not really a "by the pool" drink, but I love one or two before dinner ! :D

IMO, you can't get more "girly" than a Cosmopolitan. Anybody ever watch "Sex in the City" on TV a few years ago? Cosmos are not really a "by the pool" drink, but I love one or two before dinner ! :D

They have plastic martini glasses. ;)

Sure, you can ask for anything you want, but they might not have it. (No Moscow Mules, for example, as they don't carry ginger beer.)

That availability might vary by ship. I seem to recall people talking about getting them on Freedom